Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2021 4:40:24 PM EDT
Does anyone know what gas blocks will fit under the Geissele MK16 without issues? The only definitive info I can find for a compatible gb is the Geissele super gb.

I'd rather not use a Geissele gb for a few reasons; A. it seems overpriced, B. it's consistently out of stock, and C. I'd prefer an adjustable gb (as this will likely be suppressed down the line.)

- What are the options besides Geissele for a MK16-compatible standard gb?

- What are the options for an adjustable gb? (I saw some people saying the SLR Sentry 7 set screw model works, but also some people were claiming it won't fit.)

Seeing as literally everything is tough to find right now, I'm not very picky about the manufacturer or price so long as it's decently reliable. If it helps, this would be going on an 11.5in gov barrel (.750) under a 10.5" MK16. Any input is very appreciated, let me know if I left anything relevant/important out. Thanks for the help!

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It is not included with the rail anymore. That's what I thought too but according to their cs: "We have not sold gas blocks with our rails for almost a year, when you purchase a rail we do offer the gas block 50% off."

When I got the rail they were oos or I would've gone for it. Nothing against their gb but for the full $80 price I figure I'd rather go for one that's cheaper or adjustable.

Any ideas on what would fit?

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you going to suppress?  If not, just get a micro GB and call it a day.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with a SLR set screw gas block for a MK16 10.5 rail with 11.5 barrel. Nice gas block for a reasonable price $37.99.
I prefer using a BRT gas tube to cut down gas over an adjustable gb.
SLR set screw gb.
Attachment Attached File

SLR pinned gb is a little smaller on the bottom.
Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top