User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 180
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:55:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

unless you mount the riser backwards...lol...

Edit: I still agree with you 100%. Hahaha. Tomorrow is picture day finally, regardless...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
@CMCctx I can take a pic of that riser for you quick. It's the larue lt110. There is a step up at the back that pushes the acog forward. So even if it fit, which also depends on the mount you are running, it would still push the acog close to an inch forward. Those eotechs I mentioned are about all that play nicely with that riser. So even if you were to have an acog mount that mounted up properly to the lt110, and if you were to run them without a rear buis, the acog would still end up further forward away from your eye. The lt101 has more universal mounting ability, but it is a 5/8' riser.
(top image courtesy of larue)
https://i.imgur.com/wytPR8i.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7YucuXO.jpg

unless you mount the riser backwards...lol...

Edit: I still agree with you 100%. Hahaha. Tomorrow is picture day finally, regardless...

Now thats a creative solution.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Took the BHD and NovesKAC mini Recce out today.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By licoricenoose:
Took the BHD and NovesKAC mini Recce out today.

https://i.imgur.com/dO9AGP8.jpg
View Quote

Is your truck bedlined?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup. Field drab raptor liner.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup. Field drab raptor liner.

https://i.imgur.com/5k6GzUT.jpg
View Quote

THAT...IS...FUCKING...AWESOME!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Old to new

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Soberglitch:
Old to new

[url]https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/452430/E4ABDB5F-0CE5-4F9A-A002-6D089F7264C5_jpe-1771922.JPG[/url
View Quote

They’re all so good.

You need this for that MRE!

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]

They’re all so good.

You need this for that MRE!

https://i.imgur.com/VgCGTvd.jpg
View Quote

I agree. I’d be down for a gangster grip but still keep the rail mounted light. The cloud defensive on their is just a placeholder until I find something like that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#11]
If only one of us has made dozens of gangster grips...
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#13]
#22M68 secured. Now to just find a salty Aimpoint PRO and order some taper pins and the Armalite choppity chop will be ready to unveil.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:23:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soberglitch] [#15]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:
#22M68 secured. Now to just find a salty Aimpoint PRO and order some taper pins and the Armalite choppity chop will be ready to unveil.
View Quote

Got this from a buddy that brought it back overseas. Been abusing it for 7 years myself. It’s tough to get these things super salty sometimes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:36:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5pt56] [#16]
@CMCctx

As mentioned....x39. Love this rifle. It shoots soft, accurately and its reliable. I'm testing the Holo on it. So far so good.

As requested. @Dyzastr is right as expected when the riser is on correctly. Eye relief is great if I crane my neck all the way forward. lol.

Flipping the riser backwards for some ingenuity., it actually works for eye relief if the stock is where shown for me. The other caveat is that the ACOG mount only catches 1 pic slot. (both configurations). It still seems very secure and I made it tight enough that I wouldn't be concerned. Last picture shows angle of mount. It almost seems like its not set flat but it was level.

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd have to imagine mounting a 31 higher than normal will result in a black eye pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd have to imagine mounting a 31 higher than normal will result in a black eye pretty quickly.
View Quote

With a 5.56? lol. And eye relief is eye relief, doesn't matter if its mounted higher or lower, you still have to see through it. I'm actually further back on the gun then with most ACOGs mounted on the upper receiver directly. Oh, and that's not a 31, TA01NSN w/ ARD homie.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for those! I guess I'll stick with the KAC tri-mount. I knew it was too easy to bank on low hanging fruit
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#20]

With a 5.56? lol. And eye relief is eye relief, doesn't matter if its mounted higher or lower, you still have to see through it. I'm actually further back on the gun then with most ACOGs mounted on the upper receiver directly. Oh, and that's not a 31, TA01NSN w/ ARD homie.
View All Quotes

Nah my point is going up high loosens the cheek weld a little bit.  When your eye is practically against the fucking optic, I want my cheek weld rock solid lol
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Nah my point is going up high loosens the cheek weld a little bit.  When your eye is practically against the fucking optic, I want my cheek weld rock solid lol
View Quote

Ahhhh. Gotcha!

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#22]
@CMCctx

As mentioned....x39. Love this rifle. It shoots soft, accurately and its reliable. I'm testing the Holo on it. So far so good.
https://i.imgur.com/psxasEC.jpg

As requested. @Dyzastr is right as expected when the riser is on correctly. Eye relief is great if I crane my neck all the way forward. lol.
https://i.imgur.com/LQAD9Ty.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Qk1QCse.jpg

Flipping the riser backwards for some ingenuity., it actually works for eye relief if the stock is where shown for me. The other caveat is that the ACOG mount only catches 1 pic slot. (both configurations). It still seems very secure and I made it tight enough that I wouldn't be concerned. Last picture shows angle of mount. It almost seems like its not set flat but it was level.
https://i.imgur.com/EFJU1Op.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jAE3qvV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/g1kiQAU.jpg
View Quote
Wow, that's a tight fit. That's prob the only acog mount that would work with that riser. Not sure if the arms mount or larue mounts would line up properly with the pic slots. Backwards ain't too bad looking. I'd definitely go a different route though.
Thanks for those! I guess I'll stick with the KAC tri-mount. I knew it was too easy to bank on low hanging fruit
View Quote
Dang, ya I'd stick with the tri-mount. Or if it had to be larue, go with the lt101.
@CMCctx Here is a pic with the riser I was talking about. Its called the Kram. It goes between the mount and the acog. increases height and pushes the acog back towards your eye. Best eye reliefe solution out there for ta01/ta31 in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't know what happened....

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:36:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#25]
disregard
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Nothing like finding out a rifle is overgassed when going NTCH behind an acog... lol
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Nothing like finding out a rifle is overgassed when going NTCH behind an acog... lol
View Quote

Thats why I use black river tactical gas tubes, its an easy way to cut down the gas and keep the barrel unmodified.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Knightzone:

Thats why I use black river tactical gas tubes, its an easy way to cut down the gas and keep the barrel unmodified.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Knightzone:

I like BRT blocks.

@Outrider also has me hooked on adjustable carriers
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#29]

I like BRT blocks.

@Outrider also has me hooked on adjustable carriers
View Quote

The carriers are just stupid easy to use. No messing with a small set screw gas block, compatible with FSBs etc. Just easy adjustment right there at the port door.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

The carriers are just stupid easy to use. No messing with a small set screw gas block, compatible with FSBs etc. Just easy adjustment right there at the port door.
View Quote

So are you telling me I should dig my surefire and Gemtech carriers out of the box they are in and use em? LOL
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#31]

So are you telling me I should dig my surefire and Gemtech carriers out of the box they are in and use em? LOL
View All Quotes

I love mine.  I wasn't sold on them at all, but outrider sent me one to try.  I wound up buying it from him.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

I'm all about that Bootleg life.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#33]

I love mine.  I wasn't sold on them at all, but outrider sent me one to try.  I wound up buying it from him.
View Quote

So you keep it in a dedicated rifle or swap it to another one, adjust on the fly and go?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#34]

So you keep it in a dedicated rifle or swap it to another one, adjust on the fly and go?
View All Quotes

Honestly I treat it as a stop gap until I get a BRT block ordered and installed.  It's also kind of neat for tuning for how you feel for the day.

For example, the DD 11.5 in my latest upper is an over gassed bitch.  I'm just going to throw the bootleg in it until I get a BRT block to choke it.

Edit - it's also nice for taking things right to the ragged edge; i.e. barely cycling suppressed mk262.  All you have to do is click it the other way to run everything again.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Honestly I treat it as a stop gap until I get a BRT block ordered and installed.  It's also kind of neat for tuning for how you feel for the day.

For example, the DD 11.5 in my latest upper is an over gassed bitch.  I'm just going to throw the bootleg in it until I get a BRT block to choke it.

Edit - it's also nice for taking things right to the ragged edge; i.e. barely cycling suppressed mk262.  All you have to do is click it the other way to run everything again.
View All Quotes

You are selling me on it....I'll have to try bootleg like @Outrider said! But I have these other high dollar ones sitting around I'll throw in first.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

If you want to try one out send me your info and I've got one you can put through the paces. It's a Gen 1 bootleg so the forward assist and full auto won't work (hope that's not a dealbreaker) but Bootleg is a sister company to PWS and actually licensed the design to Gemtech to use. You have 4 setting right there through the ejection port you can adjust with a flat tip or casing etc.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#37]

You are selling me on it....I'll have to try bootleg like @Outrider said! But I have these other high dollar ones sitting around I'll throw in first.
View All Quotes

Do it.  It's fun to play with.

I wish they were in stock LOL

Edit - most of all, as a lefty, they DO mitigate gas to the face.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#38]
OG S&S sling clip came in for when I decide to run 1 point instead of 2....

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Found a home for the Vari-X 3-9

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Also, thanks to @uniform64 the #22m68 is in hand. I thought the 5000 might fit in a pinch but it's ghastly. Definitely need to get a PRO

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Also, thanks to @uniform64 the #22m68 is in hand. I thought the 5000 might fit in a pinch but it's ghastly. Definitely need to get a PRO

https://i.postimg.cc/2yGhbgZC/PXL-20210112-204746978.jpg
View Quote

You could always get a second m68 mount
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Posted this in Mk12 too but Capital Armory has Allen brakes and collars in stock as of 10 mins ago..
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:19:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#43]
I made a thing

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:17:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#44]
View Quote
Qd sling mount? Nice. I need to set up a lower with an a2 stock. Maybe a1. Besides length, and cloning, are there any other reasons for one over the other? I've always had collapsible stocks.

ETA- I just remembered from above posts that you are a lefty, I couldn’t figure out why you would put the qd socket where you did, but now it makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#45]

https://i.postimg.cc/2yGhbgZC/PXL-20210112-204746978.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Qd sling mount? Nice. I need to set up a lower with an a2 stock. Maybe a1. Besides length, and cloning, are there any other reasons for one over the other? I've always had collapsible stocks.

ETA- I just remembered from above posts that you are a lefty, I couldn’t figure out why you would put the qd socket where you did, but now it makes sense.
View All Quotes

Yup, I shoot left.

A1 vs A2...I always prefer A1, not only for the length, but type E and D buttpads are noticeably more comfortable.  They're very rounded compared to an a2 pad.  A1 also have a much more solid feel than A2s.

For genuine A1s, buy from numrich.  A1 grips too.

It kills me how much people pay for that shit in the EE when numrich has been selling it dirt cheap for years.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Yup, I shoot left.

A1 vs A2...I always prefer A1, not only for the length, but type E and D buttpads are noticeably more comfortable.  They're very rounded compared to an a2 pad.  A1 also have a much more solid feel than A2s.

It kills me how much people pay for that shit in the EE when numrich has been selling it dirt cheap for years.
View Quote

Good to know. Off to grab some more A1 goodness.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Yup, I shoot left.

For a1 stocks they're dragging the bottom of the barrel lately, but they clean up with some work.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Super clean. Is that a SPS 300?
Page / 180
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top