Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2018 3:35:58 PM EDT
Does anyone know what kind of firing pin will work for a GSG9 or TD415 carrier?

I purchased a real 416 Firing pin and it does not fit for two reasons.

1. The striking surface that the hammer hits is actually larger than the hole in the carrier so the firing pin cannot fully seat forward. I filed this down ever so slightly and now the pin goes into the carrier. But now...

2. The base of the firing pin on a real 416 is slightly tapered near the base, the GSG and TD bolt heads doesn’t accommodate that tapper.

I have both a gsg and td upper, as well as a real 416. I thought  the firing pins would be interchangeable. Apparently not. Has anyone else delt with this?
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Try to IM Mbell here. He would have a good idea on the parts difference between the two.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually emailed him a few days ago. Unfortunately I haven’t heard back which is why I’m posting up here. Hopefully I’m not the first person to deal with this.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I actually emailed him a few days ago. Unfortunately I haven’t heard back which is why I’m posting up here. Hopefully I’m not the first person to deal with this.
View Quote
Hi guys. I did not see the email. I am out of town at the moment but the individual parts of the BCG are very different between the HK 416 and the TD 415. You can enter change the complete BCG between the two but not the parts like the bolt head or firing pin. So you can run your German complete BCG in your TD upper. If you want to replace the firing pin you have to get one for the TD BCG. I have not tried the new "Gen 2" TD upper being sold by HK Parts.Net because I think the price is too high for a knock off. I would call them and ask if the firing pin is available and will it fit the old "Gen 1" TD 415 or if you have one of the new uppers, simply try the firing pin from it.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=mEAs_HIcNSY
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top