Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2018 5:45:16 PM EDT
Haven't seen these discussed for quite some time. I am considering getting one for my 450BM. Anyone have any experience with using one on a milspec tube? Rattle? Actual recoil reduction impressions? Usability?

Part of me feels like it is a total gimmick, but the rest of me is hoping that it will increase shootability for the bigger 450 round so that my son can shoot it as well. I already have the Ross brake installed, so not really looking for brakes to reduce recoil, just focusing on stock opinions.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot a 556 with it. I couldn't notice a difference at all. I even tried one handed shooting, and odd positions to see if i could notice ANYTHING. I couldn't.

Now, i can't say anything on heavier recoil. Maybe that's the ticket.

The best bet to reduce the felt shock is a stronger spring. Or maybe those dual spring types like JP or Lantac on their Raven.

You might try adjustable has blocks, but it don't think would help too well with the thumper rounds.

I can't really comment much beyond my understanding of these systems. I haven't shot many big rounds like this. 50 Beowulf and the 475 socom or whatever it is. I don't like them personally. But definitely like the hole they leave in trees.

I wouldn't waste money on the stock unless you can get it really cheap or free.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Im running them on two 308's.  I like them and they do work but the spring is pretty strong so the more recoil the more noticeably it helps out.  It also picked up a little stock rattle but I fixed that by running a strip of fuzzy side velcro down the length of the buffer tube, no problems since.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one on my 458 Socom and it made it my favorite rifle to shoot. The key is not to compress the springs. If you pull the stock too hard into your shoulder you will compress the spring and make it a regular stock.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Really appreciate all the input. I will most likely be ordering one today.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you pull the stock too hard into your shoulder you will compress the spring and make it a regular stock.
View Quote
That might have been my issue with the AR15 I shot that had it. I grip pretty firm, so possible I didnt give it a chance to work.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Start at 2:20

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top