Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2021 5:21:22 PM EDT
So yesterday they had Wolf 9mm for 25 cpr. I bought 10 boxes (max was 40). My sale went through and my card was charged. Today, I get a call from them that they messed up. They said Wolf dopubled their price and that the ammo is now 50 cpr and asked if I wanted to keep my order or cancel it. I told them that this is shady AF and they said it was shady that Wolf doubled their price and they cant sell it at the advertised price because they would lose money. I told them they had a binding contract of sale that they need to honor. This went back and forth and they told me they would have an owner call me next week to discuss this further.

This is crap, scummy and sketch. They know what 9mm ammo is going for and if they dont they are poor business people who must be living under a rock. If they sold the ammo before they knew the cost, then they made a really bad business decision. But screwing over people and making them pay for it is an even worse business plan. Right now they can screw people over to make sure they earn a profit of this shipment of 9mm ammo but they will have earned a very poor reputation in the gun community. Currently that might not bite them in the ass as people will/are buying from any retailer who has an item for sale. But when things get better and people have a choice, their reputation will come into play.

They can earn a lifetime of goodwill by honoring their price and eating a loss, which will reap them more profit in the future than they lose on this one deal or earn a bit of profit now but lose a lot more profit in the future.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m guessing they forego you’re future profit and trade it for profit now, but I’m no prophet.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m guessing they forego you’re future profit and trade it for profit now, but I’m no prophet.
View Quote

Yeah.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I can imagine they're in the same boat as the lumber yards are right now. Vendor offers you 100 units of 50 2x4x8s. Your buyer asks how much. "We don't know. You'll be charged the price on the delivery date. Do you want them or should I call the next guy on my list?"

Same with ammo.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd agree I'd like to see them honor the price, but if they had a lot of it and a ton of people bought it before they noticed their mistake I could understand that.  Also your binding contract don't really mean anything since they have an out under their terms and conditions that nobody reads but I checked, they have a provision for errors
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep I agree. But if you decide to sell those 2x4's for 2 dollars before you get them or have a price but they come in at 4 dollars a piece, you screwed up selling them at 2 dollars a piece. You can choose to honor the price you sold them for or screw the customer over and charge them double. How you handle this issue is the true nature of your business. If you do the stand up thing and honor the price, you will gain a lot of that. Might lose some money upfront, but positive feedback spreads amongst the community as does negative feedback, and you will make up for that loss in the long run and will probably gain more in profit because of that positive feedback. I know I would be willing to do more business with a company that does the right thing and takes care of its customers than with a business who is just out for the quick dollar. I would even buy from them if their prices were a bit higher than their competitors in the future because I know their true nature and how they do business and vice versa.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you mad because they notified you of the mistake that occurred or because you don't get the deal you thought you had?
It says alot that they reached out to you and let you know what happened instead of just sitting on your money, and not communicating with you. It doesn't sound like this was intentional and I suspect that they will be updating their website if it isn't already to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

I've placed orders with companies that took my money when I purchased in stock items only to see them raise the price and ship to others without fulfilling my order and not responding to phone calls or emails. 2 months later after the site showed out of stock, I filed a charge back and a label was printed the next day. Didn't ship for two weeks.
Bottom line is that it can be alot worse.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I order direct from Wolf. What they are saying is true. Wolf did double (more than double) the price of their 9mm. They're now selling it at the same price as their 223.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
They called you and asked if you wanted to cancel or buy at a cost they had no control over. Sounds stand up to me. They aren’t forcing a price on you, saying you have to pay up. They’re likely forced into the cost, and are trying to serve customers in an environment where a fixed cost item is suddenly subjected to speculation and extraordinary demand.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had nothing but excellent service from G&S throughout the years.

Wolf raised the prices, so they had to as well.

They called you personally to admit there was a mixup and offered the ammo to you at the correct price.

I see nothing wrong here on their part and they did the correct thing in contacting you personally.

Sucks you didn't get the cheaper price, but they are far from a scummy company.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Not tech. At all.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top