BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have nods so genuine question here. Is the 2.9~ height from this much better than say a 2.26 unity with a small riser in front for your laser? Or, the about to be released 2.26 1 piece from jagerwerks? Frankly, if people want to buy this at $600 that is their decision. I am just curious if it actually provides a noticeable benefit to the alternative. I am assuming, the higher the dot, the easier to passive aim with nods so it would but that is just a guess.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
GBRS order cancelled, picked up a used riser from a local buddy.

team Unity

Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're all coming at once, but GBRS will be first to market. Jagerwerks has been teasing their own design. HRF is making an attachment for the Unity FAST.
View Quote

Looks great!
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I like that Jagerwerks mount. Plus the price seems to be right
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't have nods so genuine question here. Is the 2.9~ height from this much better than say a 2.26 unity with a small riser in front for your laser? Or, the about to be released 2.26 1 piece from jagerwerks? Frankly, if people want to buy this at $600 that is their decision. I am just curious if it actually provides a noticeable benefit to the alternative. I am assuming, the higher the dot, the easier to passive aim with nods so it would but that is just a guess.
View Quote

You can passive aim with a lower 1/3 optic just fine. It being taller just helps for SOME people.

This GBRS mount is 6061 aluminum and has hex screw. GBRS are a bunch of grifters and nobody should give them attention.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool Idea but not in my wheelhouse.
I usually support GBRS products if its something I need though.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Your front sight doesn't line up.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Independent sighting systems.  Not an issue.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#9]
If you watch the Delta hostage rescue vid from Iraq, you will see the vintage version of this- an EO mounted on top of an M4 carrying handle.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you watch the Delta hostage rescue vid from Iraq, you will see the vintage version of this- an EO mounted on top of an M4 carrying handle.
View Quote

dudes did that kinda stuff because they were required to maintain control of their carry handle sights. Same ballpark as carry handles mounted onto the ras.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

dudes did that kinda stuff because they were required to maintain control of their carry handle sights. Same ballpark as carry handles mounted onto the ras.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Delta? No.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You can passive aim with a lower 1/3 optic just fine. It being taller just helps for SOME people.

This GBRS mount is 6061 aluminum and has hex screw. GBRS are a bunch of grifters and nobody should give them attention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the guys are grifters since they designed a product and put a price on it?
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
With all the drama surrounding that company I rather not support them honestly. If they treat "their brothers" that way I just wonder how they treat everyone else.
View Quote

Apparently one of them had a massive falling out with his own famous SEAL dad - Don Shipley
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Independent sighting systems.  Not an issue.

Lol yeah and it's probably coming off anyway, let's be real if the optic goes down I'm just gonna bracket in the micro's tube and send it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I do wish it was not 6061 and was 7075 aluminum instead. However, I still got one to test.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Looks great!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're all coming at once, but GBRS will be first to market. Jagerwerks has been teasing their own design. HRF is making an attachment for the Unity FAST.

Looks great!

Was he joking about the price in the comments?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I do wish it was not 6061 and was 7075 aluminum instead. However, I still got one to test.
View Quote

6061 has me scratching my head. But what do I know.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I really wanted this mount but the price is just too far off the mark for me to purchase.
View Quote

Buy a KAC Skyscraper and turn it around.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#19]
The Gen 2 and 3 will be solid.  

This one is a pass.  

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Gen 2 and 3 will be solid.  

This one is a pass.  

View Quote

Explain further?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:30:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For how much it costs I would expect it to be 7075...
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:48:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lower 1/3 won't cut it for most.  Don't care what Matt shows, too many have tried with lower 1/3 for passive and it's bad.  Also, not everyone wants the larger-windowed Etch for multiple reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
XrayAlpha, Matt Pranka, former CAG guy absolutely hates this mount lol. He posted a video this morning on instagram on how you don't need these super tall mounts for passive aiming. Video showed him raising his rifle without nods. Then with nods. Presentation was the same and he could see through his tube and through his Eotech EXPS.

I definitely think there's a limit, with 1.9"-2ish" being the sweet spot,  but lower 1/3rd is the bare minimum, imo. For running nods or armor, higher than a L1/3rd is definitely great. Not that you can't do it, it's just so much easier and much for forgiving, plus less strain on your neck.

This mount putting the optic at nearly 3" is  interesting..

Lower 1/3 won't cut it for most.  Don't care what Matt shows, too many have tried with lower 1/3 for passive and it's bad.  Also, not everyone wants the larger-windowed Etch for multiple reasons.
I am currently using a XPS ( not EXPS ) on a unity riser. putting the optic about 2" IMO its perfectly usable, I tried my buddies EXPS on his riser 2.26" and thought it was notably better. I wouldnt want to have to use anything lower than maybe 1.93
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:06:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

For how much it costs I would expect it to be 7075...
View Quote

7075 and type III anodized.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#24]
What a joke. Those guys pretty much only train LE and soldiers. Never get a dollar from me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Because most people here don't do what the mounts are designed for.
View Quote

No, we do. It’s designed for their bank account.

The careful observer will note that most of the guns they have these on, in the recent pics on their social media platforms, are no where near short enough to have rail space issues. Enough said.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The careful observer will note that most of the guns they have these on, in the recent pics on their social media platforms, are no where near short enough to have rail space issues. Enough said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because most people here don't do what the mounts are designed for.

You're mad that they designed a mount and get a profit from it?

Lots of butt hurt for something that you don't have to buy if you don't want it in here.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#27]
They're all just shills now.  Good for them, Capitalism and all that.  Glad they're making money, it just won't come from my wallet
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’d run it on a 14.5 urgi to get my arm out further.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks great!

" />

And link to HRF attachment.

HRF Concepts SKIFF (that works with Unity FAST)
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks great!

https://i.imgur.com/aNsDrUl.png" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/aNsDrUl.png

And link to HRF attachment.

HRF Concepts SKIFF (that works with Unity FAST)

The HRF mounts sit lower and look better.  I'd suspect lawsuit inbound
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#31]
$570 for the HRF, even IF that price includes the Unity fast mount thats too much. its just a clamp on bracket with some pic rail. $200 for that would be a rip off.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
$570 for the HRF, even IF that price includes the Unity fast mount thats too much. its just a clamp on bracket with some pic rail. $200 for that would be a rip off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From HRF (you must not have read that conversation far enough):
it’s a joke, they’ll be in the $120 range. So plus a $200 unity puts you just over $300 for the setup.

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:31:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it’s a joke, they’ll be in the $120 range. So plus a $200 unity puts you just over $300 for the setup.

Why not just get another Unity riser for the laser?
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:49:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Why not just get another Unity riser for the laser?
View Quote
it would take up slightly more rail space, although it would make zero real difference, and it would sit a bit lower than the HRF mount, maybe the beam would be blocked by your hand on the rail? it would be $50 cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Another picture of the HRF Skiff

It'd be interesting to know how it attaches. Doesn't look like it would attach to the picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm waiting for LaRue to come out with one.  It will be epic.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Lower 1/3 won't cut it for most.  
Don't care what Matt shows, too many have tried with lower 1/3 for passive and it's bad.  
Also, not everyone wants the larger-windowed Etch for multiple reasons.
View Quote

This.
This.
And this.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Another picture of the HRF Skiff

It'd be interesting to know how it attaches. Doesn't look like it would attach to the picatinny rail.
View Quote

Yes, curious about RTZ results
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#39]
I for one have found that the hydra is much more useable with a riser than without. But someone who is taller than me may find otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#40]
6061, cerakote, and YFS fasteners
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#41]
It has made its way onto an LVAW already.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Same gun...

ETA... why aren't the pics showing up?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Well, it is a CAG gun....
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is truth, passive aiming isn’t hard with a 1/3. You don’t need to have your stock in the perfect shoulder pocket. Bring the optic to your eye. Our modern AR’s with brakes, suppressors, A5 systems etc etc don’t kick much. You’ll be fine.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This is truth, passive aiming isn’t hard with a 1/3. You don’t need to have your stock in the perfect shoulder pocket. Bring the optic to your eye. Our modern AR’s with brakes, suppressors, A5 systems etc etc don’t kick much. You’ll be fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right.  It isn't hard.  It's absolutely miserable.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Another pic of that LVAW setup:

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Is that an offset thermal on that gun?
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top