Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2021 6:51:22 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the Hornady Frontier 68gr BTHP? I found some for sale locally but I don't know much about it.  I did some googling and it seems there were some overpressure issues with the 55gr Frontier, but I'm not sure if the 68gr ever had any issues. Also wondering what kind of accuracy to expect.   Appreciate any info.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Just got a pile of 68gr Hornady BTHP pills since I couldn't find any Berger 70's. Bullets themselves are standard Hornady fare. They're a decent match bullet and so far pushing 3100fps from a 26" tube is no challenge. BC is nothing to write home about but the bullets themselves seem to work fine. As far as commercial ammo... meh. Haven't bought centerfire ammo in over a decade so I couldn't say.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I've not used the Frontier 68gr, but their 75gr shoot about 1.5 MOA from my limited experience in a 1-8 BCM 410SS barrel.

I've heard 68gr can be a bit more varied on if it shoots well vs the 69gr stuff.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top