Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2021 1:01:38 PM EDT
I am just going to screw into the FSB to secure my front handguard cap instead of a gas tube. Does anyone know what screw size and if I need to drill out the hole anymore before I tap it? If so what is the proper drill bit?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]
No gas tube, no screw, no problem here:

One does need to align the barrel retention nut as though a gas tube was installed for the hand guard parts to fit.

Best of luck with whatever you pursue.
MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be powerful, be well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am just going to screw into the FSB to secure my front handguard cap instead of a gas tube. Does anyone know what screw size and if I need to drill out the hole anymore before I tap it? If so what is the proper drill bit?
View Quote

I used a 12-24 tap and screw, no drilling necessary:

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:54:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I used a pop rivet with a small backing washer
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used a pop rivet with a small backing washer
View Quote

I came here to say that....
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I got some flat pan head #10 stainless screws and a #10 tap with a bit. I didn't even have to drill it any more. I took a forged front sight post , removed the bayonet lug and tapped holes in the bottom front and back and in the "pin" positions to make it a clamp on front sight.
  ETA all the hex set screws are all 1/8 #8 cup point.
    This 22lr is what I'm cooking up. Barrel is gone to get a trim right now.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top