Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2020 8:45:23 AM EDT
Anyone ever build up a rifle just for fun and have it replace your main one? I built a "modern" gucci spec upper with a 10.3"barrel, G rail, T2, surfire goodness etc, and it sits while I play with my block 1 clone that I built just for fun....
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I find myself in a similar boat. I built one from leftover parts to make a beater and now it’s my favorite to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
My fav is an m4gery and a carry handle mounted RDS.  Stupid height over bore, very 90s, and very fun.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Ya, I have a Essential Arms lower with what started as a Stag M4 upper. I cut the front sight off and put a free float rail on it. It has an old Comp ML2 on it in an Arms mount. My buddies LMT Sopmod stock from his last deployment, which I spray painted FDE to match the rail. It has a 1/9 twist M4 profile 16" barrel that I keep saying I'm going to swap out for a 14.5" pinned blah, blah.  

I never do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Happens all the time with me.

I slap some shit together for giggles and fall in love.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I've done the same a few times. I figure I'll slap together spare parts and make a beater mutt. Then I replace a thing or two and next thing I know I've basically got a full blown build and I love it. Just did that here in October... was supposed to be a basic pistol build with parts on hand and now I'm tax stamping a new SBR with a DD barrel and gucci parts.

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I think those grunt-ish guns just give a feeling of confidence in our hands...
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Bad words!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Have a PSA PTAC mutt that has had everything replaced, except receiver extension.
DD mid length barrel, BCM bcg, Larue rail, Geissele trigger, AimPoint M4.....all used parts.

Krylon paint, love this beater
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I bring my favorite "Gucci" gun to the range 90% of the time. Giessele Rail, DD barrel, Eotech, blah, blah, blah.  I run a couple rounds through it but it's so boringly accurate and reliable it's out for maybe a minute and I get to jerking around with my cheap guns.  Something to do I guess.  I'm too poor to take a class, much less afford the ammo at current rates.  I was late to the AR game and I shot ~1000 rounds of 5.56 a month for most of 2019 and shot most of what I bought.  I started buying to actually have some for SHTF literally a week before the bullshit started in 2020.  I picked up my first 1000 round case for like $179 and the next weekend the panic started.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep, my budget build replaced my main rifle
(a rifle I never thought I would sell. It was even painted.)

The culprit:

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top