Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/9/2018 10:27:20 PM EDT
I’m not much on bumpin my gums so here we go top to bottom: Surefire, Arisaka, m21, m22

The combatants(in order of shown pics below):
1: olight warrior m21 warrior weighing in at 600 lumens
2: Arisaka 600 (E2ST head) weighing in at 650/550 lumens
3: olight m22 weighing in at 900 lumens
4: Surefire m600df weighing in at 1500 lumens

I almost didn’t want to post this because the pics, IMO, just don’t do the Surefire justice. While the hotspot may not blow away the others (its still brighter) it seems like it’s just huge. The spill is amazing. Lit up the entire field.

Distances: the actual playground structure is about 22 yards. The tree is about 44 yards.

Olight m21 600 lumens - playground structure:

Tree:

Arisaka 600 E2ST 650 lumens - playground structure:

Tree:

Olight m22 900 lumens - playground structure:

Tree:

Surefire m600df 1500 lumens - playground structure:

Tree:

Again don’t let the pics fool you. The Surefire curbstomped. The spill is unreal and it’s got the brightness to get the job done.

**edit**
I forgot to add this tid but that I figure some if you would really want to know. I did this earlier so I don’t remember exactly but these are very close.

Olight m21 - 5 ounces
Olight m22 - 5.5 ounces
Arisaka - 3.7 ounces

Note* those had batteries in them. The Surefire did not as I was charging

Surefire DF - 6.08 ounces.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Be nice to see pics of the flashlights next to each other. Is it me or does the SureFire look a bit more yellow? Could be camera compensating for the brightness. Good pics.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be nice to see pics of the flashlights next to each other. Is it me or does the SureFire look a bit more yellow? Could be camera compensating for the brightness. Good pics.
View Quote
Sorry, i should have done that. Not home now.

Yes, the Surefire is super yellow. The olights are moderate yellow and the Arisaka is very white/blue.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Sorry, i should have done that. Not home now.

Yes, the Surefire is super yellow. The olights are moderate yellow and the Arisaka is very white/blue.
View Quote
Mine does not look yellow at all?  Perhaps just relative, I don't have a way to measure.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Mine does not look yellow at all?  Perhaps just relative, I don't have a way to measure.
View Quote
Maybe it just seems like that to me because I’m so use to the Arisaka but my friend who was with me said it was very yellow too.

I shouldn’t say yellow. It’s more of a natural sunlight color.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Maybe it just seems like that to me because I’m so use to the Arisaka but my friend who was with me said it was very yellow too.

I shouldn’t say yellow. It’s more of a natural sunlight color.
View Quote
Perhaps.  Maybe closer to 5000K or so (not looked for reviews from the light nerds), but not as high as the Arisaka.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 12:48:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Perhaps.  Maybe closer to 5000K or so (not looked for reviews from the light nerds), but not as high as the Arisaka.
View Quote
This is on a tan wall so it makes the white look a tad more tan. Do the difference is even bigger than you see here.

Left, Surefire. Right, Arisaka with Malkoff E2ST head.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Good pics.  I'm really liking my Fury DF 1500 as well.

If only my EDCL2-T 1200 took an 18650 instead of two CR123s.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good pics.  I'm really liking my Fury DF 1500 as well.

If only my EDCL2-T 1200 took an 18650 instead of two CR123s.
View Quote
Yeah, I’m loving it more and more. Think I’m going to sell the Arisaka to get another DF.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, I’m loving it more and more. Think I’m going to sell the Arisaka to get another DF.
View Quote
I'm thinking about picking up a Fury DFT for normal use, just based on the M600DFs performance.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm thinking about picking up a Fury DFT for normal use, just based on the M600DFs performance.
View Quote
Agreed.  I like with Surefire did with this new round of lights. Especially at the $199 price point.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the comparison op. The color rendering from that Surefire looks great imo. I tend to prefer ~4000K lights and I've been seeing that Surefire's been using less blue tinted LEDs lately which I prefer.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn you guys . Went to order another one today at lanbos for $199 and all sold out.
Took a while but found them somewhere else for $7 more.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Damn you guys . Went to order another one today at lanbos for $199 and all sold out.
Took a while but found them somewhere else for $7 more.
View Quote
Their site says they have 469 in stock?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Their site says they have 469 in stock?
View Quote
Yeah, at 8 am this morning they were OOS so I put my email in for the “notify me”, then found them at grabagun for $207 and then at noon got the email from lanbos

Oh well. It was only $3 more after shipping.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top