Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/24/2018 6:30:42 AM EDT
Is it too good to be true? They’re offering 5 for the price of 2 or 1 FREE bottle.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is it too good to be true? They’re offering 5 for the price of 2 or 1 FREE bottle.
View Quote
Interesting.  I've never tried it but I may get some.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
How would one get a special on like 100 of them for an office party?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
From memory, those deals have always been available.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Great stuff, I use it on everything.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How would one get a special on like 100 of them for an office party?
View Quote
Try reaching out to Dallas, I'm pretty sure he's the guy running the show. Has a profile here, and is DallasCB on Reddit.

I love CB. I just got my first suppressor so I'm seeing how long I can go without any maintenance with one coat of CB.

The free sample is great, you just pay for shipping. I think Dallas said they actually lose money, or break even or something. Does the job though, converted me.

The 5-pack is a great value but I don't know if it's the best fit for everyone. It doesn't get cold enough for the winter one for me (or at least I don't shoot when it's that cold) and I don't have a rimfire right now. In the past he has made exceptions if people reach out to change the quantities--again, folks in Florida probably won't find a use for a winter grease.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Try reaching out to Dallas, I'm pretty sure he's the guy running the show. Has a profile here, and is DallasCB on Reddit.

I love CB. I just got my first suppressor so I'm seeing how long I can go without any maintenance with one coat of CB.

The free sample is great, you just pay for shipping. I think Dallas said they actually lose money, or break even or something. Does the job though, converted me.

The 5-pack is a great value but I don't know if it's the best fit for everyone. It doesn't get cold enough for the winter one for me (or at least I don't shoot when it's that cold) and I don't have a rimfire right now. In the past he has made exceptions if people reach out to change the quantities--again, folks in Florida probably won't find a use for a winter grease.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure they have the "mix and match" deal now, where you can choose which greases and how many you want and still have it be 5 for the price of 2. I imagine you could just pick the standard black rifle CB for each of your five picks, although I have not actually confirmed this yet. I'm still waiting on my free bottle, which I assume will last me a long time. It's a shame more people don't know about them. I guess when you believe and stand by your product, you don't care all too much for advertising. They rely on people to spread the good news
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Not seeing a free sample for the cost of shipping on their website
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Free Bottle

May as well get ready to order as its some really good stuff. Even when it's full of carbon it still lubes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#9]
It's actually .01

Not free

sample
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure they have the "mix and match" deal now, where you can choose which greases and how many you want and still have it be 5 for the price of 2. I imagine you could just pick the standard black rifle CB for each of your five picks, although I have not actually confirmed this yet. I'm still waiting on my free bottle, which I assume will last me a long time. It's a shame more people don't know about them. I guess when you believe and stand by your product, you don't care all too much for advertising. They rely on people to spread the good news
View Quote
Yes, you can mix n match any of the 5.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:46:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks WHITE_WOLFE and texduramax. I got a bottle coming. I looked and looked and couldn't find it on their site.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks WHITE_WOLFE and texduramax. I got a bottle coming. I looked and looked and couldn't find it on their site.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ikr haha, it’s not so easy to find huh? They don’t put it anywhere on the home page of their website. :) I myself just found out about it recently.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I got the .01 cent bottle coming,saw this thread and figured WTH.
It will be here Monday and I'm going to try it on a couple new 20" rifles.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I got the .01 cent bottle coming,saw this thread and figured WTH.
It will be here Monday and I'm going to try it on a couple new 20" rifles.
View Quote
Just got mine in a few days ago; it works great on the BCG/charging handle. A little goes a long away - especially once you work it in. The best part about it is: it stays where you put it and no need to re-lube your gun every few days like you see with these gun oils on the market.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I really like using it on my supressed P22 pistol. Keeps it running longer.

It really makes things glide.

I bought some more.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:48:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I really like using it on my supressed P22 pistol. Keeps it running longer.

It really makes things glide.

I bought some more.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35150/IMG_20181201_150250230_jpg-759671.JPG
View Quote
Wow, that's a collection, haha! I am liking it too; I just can't say if it's worth the money yet because I am not sure it will withstand the usage-claims made by the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Take their 5-for-2 mix & match deal, then break down individually as stocking stuffers depending upon orientation of stocking recipient.
HoHoHo
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I have been using this stuff exclusively for a year or two now on all the guns. Great stuff. I kept giving out to people and have to reorder more for myself. They emailed me asking why I was going through so much. I told them I keep giving it away, and they sent me a 5 pack of each product to give out, and a product that was/is still in development to test.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have been using this stuff exclusively for a year or two now on all the guns. Great stuff. I kept giving out to people and have to reorder more for myself. They emailed me asking why I was going through so much. I told them I keep giving it away, and they sent me a 5 pack of each product to give out, and a product that was/is still in development to test.
View Quote
Just curious, when you were reordering more for yourself, did you keep getting the free sample or did you pay the $16 each time? Also, how long would you assume a bottle lasts if someone is using it with only one gun (ar-15)?
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm giving it a shot too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I’ve been a pretty big fan of it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#22]
It's all I use anymore. I just wish it was available in a larger quantity!
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks!  Ordered some!
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#24]
just got my $.01 bottle of it in yesterday....now to use it
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is it too good to be true? They're offering 5 for the price of 2 or 1 FREE bottle.
View Quote

I got both.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#27]
The owner posted several times in a long thread here a while back.

Made some good points and I learned some things about about lubrication.

I bought some of the black rifle and the rimfire remedy and it really does seem to work.

I have a finicky 22LR upper and the rimfire remedy did make it noticeably less finicky.

The downside is that it comes in some little tiny bottles.

I have a hard time convincing myself that it is a good value based on the quantity.

The owner likes to point out that when using their product that you can go much longer between cleanings so the bottles should last longer.

But I really don't like to let my guns go that long between cleanings so I end up using it more often.

For the price I think you should get at least a couple ounces per bottle.

Look at the photos in this article on the CherryBalmz website

That is half a damn bottle on that 1911.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@whiskersthecat
View Quote

Cherry Balmz is the truth and the light.

BigMan74 and I have shot multiple times basically making a day of it. Thousands of rounds. No issues. Does Black Rifle Balm work? Definitely. Will other stuff work in a reliable platform like the AR15? Definitely.

However, where their stuff REALLY shines for me is Rimfire Remedy when using supressed 22s.

22s are dirty. Supressed 22s are really dirty. Here's the results of running three bricks through a cleaned and Cherry Balmz lubed 10/22. Zero malfunctions.

If you've shot a bunch of supressed 22, you know that's impressive.

That's why I use their BRB on my AR.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I believe it is good stuff and probably will go for the round counts claimed BUT I would never let my guns go that long without cleaning and I would be cleaning that valuable lube off to avoid corrosion from humidity being attracted to the powder residue.    Therefore as an inveterate gun cleaner a cheaper product makes more sense.

Synthetic motor oil, axle grease, and thinner cornhead grease.    The cornhead grease is thick at rest to cling but thin when warmed as designed to not leak out of old worn farm equipment.   A quart is $7.  
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top