Page / 27
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their red spring fits in between the two.  I don't recall the spring material.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question about the extra power action spring that is supplied with the trigger, is it chrome silicon or stainless?  How would you compare the power of it?  Similar to say a Sprinco blue?  Sprinco red?
Their red spring fits in between the two.  I don't recall the spring material.
So the lower power of the 2 supplied springs is lesser power than Sprincos red spring, maybe closer to their blue?  And the stronger spring you supply is stronger than the sprinco red?
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got an email for the Evo trigger, anyone know when they’re released?
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:38:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just got an email for the Evo trigger, anyone know when they’re released?
View Quote
Other thread seemed to indicate 4th of July?
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the simple design of the BFS lll.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I received my BFS lll and one of the e-clips are missing.
Can you guys send a couple?

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey guys.  I shot my BFS3 for the first time today.  I fired 120 rounds and only outran the bolt once.  My set up is:
J&T kit
16" bbl
Carbine length gas
Carbine buffer (I previously used an H buffer with this rifle, but swapped a regular carbine buffer when I installed the BFS)
Semi auto BCG (standard weight for a SA BCG)
FA medium recoil spring that came with the BFS3.
SDN6 suppressor
Wolf steel .223 ammo 55 grain

Some observations:
I'm definitely over-grassed
Lots of gas to face (which usually isn't a problem with .30 call suppressors)
Recoil harsher than normal for an AR
Ejection is 1:30, 5-6 feet
1 malfunction in 120 rds (out ran the bolt)
Shooting at 100 yards, only 30 to 40 hits of an IPSC target (I'm usually pretty good at rapid SA fire.   I felt like the harsher recoild was knocking me off target)
Gun sounded louder than it should (more action noise, I presume)

Would I benefit from trying out the FA heavy recoil spring included with the BFS?

Would I be better off trying a springco spring?  (I also have a Wolf extra power spring somewhere around the house that I could try.)

Considering that I was running relatively low power ammo, will going to M193 spec ammo cause increased problems?

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sounds like bolt bounce, not hammer follow.  Springco orange is in between our medium and heavy.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys.  I shot my BFS3 for the first time today.  I fired 120 rounds and only outran the bolt once.  My set up is:
J&T kit
16" bbl
Carbine length gas
Carbine buffer (I previously used an H buffer with this rifle, but swapped a regular carbine buffer when I installed the BFS)
Semi auto BCG (standard weight for a SA BCG)
FA medium recoil spring that came with the BFS3.
SDN6 suppressor
Wolf steel .223 ammo 55 grain

Some observations:
I'm definitely over-grassed
Lots of gas to face (which usually isn't a problem with .30 call suppressors)
Recoil harsher than normal for an AR
Ejection is 1:30, 5-6 feet
1 malfunction in 120 rds (out ran the bolt)
Shooting at 100 yards, only 30 to 40 hits of an IPSC target (I'm usually pretty good at rapid SA fire.   I felt like the harsher recoild was knocking me off target)
Gun sounded louder than it should (more action noise, I presume)

Would I benefit from trying out the FA heavy recoil spring included with the BFS?

Would I be better off trying a springco spring?  (I also have a Wolf extra power spring somewhere around the house that I could try.)

Considering that I was running relatively low power ammo, will going to M193 spec ammo cause increased problems?

Any other suggestions?
Sounds like bolt bounce, not hammer follow.  Springco orange is in between our medium and heavy.  
Thanks.  I'll try the heavier springs and maybe a heavier buffer along with a heavier spring.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I am having an issue that others have mentioned in this thread.

I have followed the instructions to the tee. I must have installed and reinstalled the BFSIII four times now, still won't fire/hammer drop on reset of the trigger... semi auto works fine. It's installed in a factory Spikes Tactical AR. Also, when I am holding the trigger back in reset position, the hammer takes a lot of effort to lock in. I have also tried using a different hammer as well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Disregard

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am having an issue that others have mentioned in this thread.

I have followed the instructions to the tee. I must have installed and reinstalled the BFSIII four times now, still won't fire/hammer drop on reset of the trigger... semi auto works fine. It's installed in a factory Spikes Tactical AR. Also, when I am holding the trigger back in reset position, the hammer takes a lot of effort to lock in. I have also tried using a different hammer as well.
View Quote
Have you done the check to see that the IDS spring is in place and the parts are sliding back and forth as designed?  Also if you can try a different lower just to verify that's not the problem.  I've had to go through 2-3 hammers to get mine working properly in a few lowers.  Seems minute 1,000ths of an inch specs in lowers can make a big difference.  It does take considerable force to set the hammer in the release function vs normal pull position but not to an extreme.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Have you done the check to see that the IDS spring is in place and the parts are sliding back and forth as designed?  Also if you can try a different lower just to verify that's not the problem.  I've had to go through 2-3 hammers to get mine working properly in a few lowers.  Seems minute 1,000ths of an inch specs in lowers can make a big difference.  It does take considerable force to set the hammer in the release function vs normal pull position but not to an extreme.
View Quote
IDS spring is in place. Last night I tried using 3 different hammers and two lowers, and same issue. At this point I'd like to send it back to Franklin Armory to see if I can get it exchanged and hope that works because as of now, I have a $400 trigger that does absolutely nothing different than my milspec trigger for $40.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Having too much trouble posting pictures and I got work, but I bent both the IDS springs trying to install the trigger, I sent an email to Franklin Armory, but does anyone know of a fix or somewhere that might sell those springs?
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Having too much trouble posting pictures and I got work, but I bent both the IDS springs trying to install the trigger, I sent an email to Franklin Armory, but does anyone know of a fix or somewhere that might sell those springs?
View Quote
You buy them from Franklin.

https://www.franklinarmory.com/collections/binarytrigger/products/bfsiii-ids-springs-and-slave-pin-package

Be advised my experience in purchasing thru their website is that they have a 3-5 day disclaimer on processing shipping times even if you pay for 2 day shipping. That means 5 days.Then on day 5 they send you a not activated USPS tracking # (they just get a bunch of #s from the PO in advance) that may be another 3 days before they actually take the package to the post office.

So dont be in any hurry. They are NOT Brownells when it comes to customer service, so long as you understand that if your an impatient customer like myself, you will eventually get what your order....... about 2 weeks later. This has been my purchase experience both times.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Customer service could use some work.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I couldn’t for the life of me get the hammer to drop on release either until I put an upper assembly on the lower and cycled the bolt going thru the function check. The hammer has to go further down into the disconnect/IDS than what I was manually pushing it. I thought my lower was out of spec but it’s an older gen 1 Noveske that I’ve had for several years with no issues. Hopefully this helps because the instructions with the trigger assembly was not illustrated very well.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Much better instructions on youtube.
Not many can see, let alone understand the instructions that come with it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Much better instructions on youtube.
Not many can see, let alone understand the instructions that come with it.
View Quote
YT has pulled most of the FA videos.  Probably a few left from other uploaders but fuck YT gun grabbers!!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:27:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They have pulled most of the monetized videos from various personalities.  While that sucks, I believe all of the Franklin Armory videos are still intact.
View Quote
How about addressing some of the issues with customers like myself that are having in this thread on this very page and not commenting on YouTube policies? That would go a long way with customer service.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They have pulled most of the monetized videos from various personalities.  While that sucks, I believe all of the Franklin Armory videos are still intact.
View Quote
Nope they have been pulled.  Only the intro video is still up.  Go to the first page of this thread and try clicking the links.  YT has pulled videos that show how to on just about anything gun related they find.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#27]
If the person who needs a IDS spring would send me a mailing address I will put 2 extra ones I have in an envelope and put a forecever stamp on it and get it out ASAP to you. I have some spares, they are yours if you want them. You could have them in a couple of days.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nope they have been pulled.  Only the intro video is still up.  Go to the first page of this thread and try clicking the links.  YT has pulled videos that show how to on just about anything gun related they find.
View Quote
This one is still up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U_dV-kegk8
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If the person who needs a IDS spring would send me a mailing address I will put 2 extra ones I have in an envelope and put a forecever stamp on it and get it out ASAP to you. I have some spares, they are yours if you want them. You could have them in a couple of days.

[email protected]
View Quote
I sent the email and Sent an IM thank you buddy much appreciation!
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I sent the email and Sent an IM thank you buddy much appreciation!
View Quote
Just dropped the envelope off at the Post Office. 2 IDS springs on the way to North Carolina from Georgia, you should have them in a couple of days. I hope you get your trigger working man. KW
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Just dropped the envelope off at the Post Office. 2 IDS springs on the way to North Carolina from Georgia, you should have them in a couple of days. I hope you get your trigger working man. KW
View Quote
Thanks so much I much appreciate it, this is going into a project of mine I been working on which will become my first SBR, and very much appreciate the help with it, it means a lot!
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#32]
I wonder if the guy ever got the IDS springs I sent him 2 weeks ago and his BFSIII trigger installed and working. That's the real disappointing part about going out of your way to help people on the internet. You almost never hear back on how it turned out.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wonder if the guy ever got the IDS springs I sent him 2 weeks ago and his BFSIII trigger installed and working. That's the real disappointing part about going out of your way to help people on the internet. You almost never hear back on how it turned out.
View Quote
I appreciate it, sorry it took so long to get back to you, I sent you an email this morning and I just seen this, been really busy working 2 jobs and having to move into a new place on a moments notice so very sorry for the delay, I got it installed last Friday and wasn't able to get to test it out until yesterday afternoon, which it ran great, only one or two hiccups but smooth for the most part, which I appreciate greatly and couldn't be more grateful, thanks so much I'll send you the video I got of it at the range as soon as I can get it uploaded
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Moved my BFS over to a 9mm. What buffer are you guys using that have this setup? Also would like to know if you’re using the BFS spring with the buffer?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm using a Taccom buffer system in one and a 9mm Colt buffer with standard carbine spring in the other.
Taccom is a 5.25" and the other is a Faxon 4.5".
No issues with either one.

Dave N
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I was in Gable Sporting Goods today, in Douglasville Ga, they had 10 of the BFS 111's in stock hanging on a rack. They all were the newer straight trigger models. $379.95. Google is your best friend lol. Im just a customer who saw them, just passing it along.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 4:30:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I really like the bfs trigger but i could never find a medium ground with a tune that ran well with or without a can
View Quote
FINALLY got to spend some time in a free state and play with the BFS III. My recipe for success turned out to be as follows:

-10.5” Noveske poly 1/7 barrel
-Gemtech BCG (11.57oz vs. Mil Spec 11.545oz~so NOT a lightweight, by any means)
-H Buffer
-Sprinco Blue buffer spring
-ALG ACT hammer (much-MUCH smoother trigger feel!)
-Purple ALG hammer spring
-Stock trigger spring

Perfectly consistant 4:00-4:30 ejection when in the unsuppressed setting and 2-chamber brake.  3:00-3:30 in ‘suppressed’ setting with SF 556-RC attached.  I couldn’t outrun it at this point. Maybe as I get a little faster, perhaps. I’ve got the gas to go to the stiffer spring, if necessary, but thinking I will leave well enough alone for now.

Bottom line: A better than mil-spec S/A trigger (with the addition of a slick coated ALG hammer), with some opportunity for fun when you want to spend the dough. I GREATLY prefer it over the spongey feel of the Hiperfire/Echo, personally. Parts quality and finish is much more confidence-inspiring in comparison, as well.  (Disagree? Feel free to PM me and you’re welcome to take my Echo off my hands, to your door for four bills!)

One question for Franklin Armory:  why the two trigger spacers, versus a solid, one-piece trigger unit?  Keeping with the original tooling from when it was in a housing as the BFS II?  Or necessary for the increased change in angle when operating in bunary mode?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 1:18:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#39]
The one with the glob of black paint just thrown on one end is one of the Franklin springs, the other Franklin spring has no paint at all and is the same length as the one with the glob of black paint.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone got any tips for differentiating the difference between lightstrikes caused by carrier overrun and lightstrikes from bolt bouce?

I finally have my bfsIII equiped rifle tuned about right, but I am still getting an occasional light strike 1 per 300 rds ish...

Chf 18" Heavy barrel w/ middy gas
Selectable POF gas block opened all the way
Gas port opened to .078 (was .065)
Franklin heavy buffer spring
H2 buffer
Aim full auto carrier.

I tried a semi carrier and lightweight carrier.
And carbine, H, spikes t-2, H2, and H3 buffers
Also tried a bcm STD carbine buffer spring.

I did a systematic test of all above mentioned parts combos. The top listed config is the most reliable by far at a 1:300 malf ratio. ALL other configs have significantly higher rates of light strikes (like every damn mag).

Before I go spend 1000s more rds walking down the gas system to see if it's bounce, and if that increases it decreases malf. And definitely before I think about farther opening the gas port.

I was just curious if anyone has any tips for further diagnosis?
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So basically the (2) 11.5 inch springs go in the kit and the shorter 10.5”, well that must go to another rifle but man does that seem short for a carbine rifle.
View Quote
OK, I just rechecked. I did NOT install my BFS3, the gunsmith at the gun store  where I bought the kit did. He said he left the stock S&W spring in the gun and gave me the 2 spare Franklin springs which are the same length.

I just checked, my spring thats installed is 10 1/4 inches long. I am assuming thats the stock spring.

The other 2 springs are the same length , 11/ 1/2 inches. So now the only thing I am certain of is the one spring with the black blob is a Franklin spring.

I have another BFS3 kit new in unopened box and those springs look different in length.

Im thinkning the Gunsmith may have swapped my spring and now I am confused.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I guess there are 2 ways to find out, I can open this new BFS3 kit and measure those springs. I bought this kit the same day the gunsmith installed my other kit so they should be identical. I also have another new S&W Sport 2 indenctical to the gun I have the BFS 3 in,  in a new unopened box I could open that new box, take that spring out and measure it. I really want to know I have the stock S&W spring in mine and now I am not even close to being sure.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#45]
If you open your’s, let me know. That way I can package it properly for whomever buys it. My buddy wanted it but his wife told him he cant spend any money on Firearms for along time. So up for sale they go. I put an AD up in “ar-15 parts - new - lower receiver”
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Thinking about one of these for my pistol build, how would it mesh with:
Lightweight BCG
Taccom ultra lightweight buffer
Adjustedable gas block
Recce 7

?
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#47]
They work great with lightweight bolt carriers. It helps cut down hammer follow. The other parts I cannot confirm how well they work. With the adjustable gas block, you could tune the rifle to run perfect.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They work great with lightweight bolt carriers. It helps cut down hammer follow. The other parts I cannot confirm how well they work. With the adjustable gas block, you could tune the rifle to run perfect.
View Quote
Thanks, have one on the way
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks, have one on the way
View Quote
Tried it out for the first time yesterday and definitely had a lot of failures, seemed mostly like light primer strikes.  Is there a list anywhere of common failures and solutions to them?  Such as hammer follow = more gas need etc?

Setup is:
11.5" mid length gas with adjustable gas block
Lightweight BCG
Recce 7
Standard buffer?  Not sure what the weight is on it.

Also tried with an 8.5" 300 blackout upper (suppressed and unsupressed) also with light strikes.
Tried the medium and heavy buffer spring the trigger came with.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 27
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top