Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 17
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#1]
On the 16 incher, is this a lighter profile barrel than the original Glock uppers?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Any chance of a 45acp upper in the future?
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 1:03:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Just got my 8.5" glock upper from Brownells. Using it on my SBR with a Stern mag block and an Armaspec 9mm stealth buffer (removed the bolt weight).

Everything seems to fit and cycle by hand smoothly, build quality is nice.

One piece of advice for anyone trying to run a 3-lug silencer with an OD greater than 1.3" (mine is 1.375): the shoulder on the barrel is recessed about 1/4" too far inside the handguard to allow for the 3-lug setup to connect. Plenty of threads available though, so I've got a spacer on the way.

Once I can get a can on it, I'll put it through it's paces.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One piece of advice for anyone trying to run a 3-lug silencer with an OD greater than 1.3" (mine is 1.375): the shoulder on the barrel is recessed about 1/4" too far inside the handguard to allow for the 3-lug setup to connect. Plenty of threads available though, so I've got a spacer on the way.
View Quote
Thanks! Something like the ILWT extended base 3-lug might work also: https://www.inleadwetrust.com/collections/flash-cones-muzzle-brakes/products/hk-style-extended-base-3-lug-suppressor-adapter
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally got mine together last night.  Haven't shot it yet.

I used an FM products complete upper, billet lower, and their trigger. Mine is a 16" carbine, might shoot somce PCC matches with it. I used standard mil spec parts for the rest of it, needed;  a safety with detent and spring, takedown pins, detents and springs, and trigger pins.  I used a Gissele 7075 carbine extension and MOE furniture with a Guntec 9mm buffer and spring.

The thing was dry as a bone, I lubed it up liberally with break free.  The effort required to operate the charging handle seems excessive to me.  The things that occur to me are, to grease the channel the charging handle rides in (oiled now), possibly try a different buffer spring as I have no idea about the Guntec spring.

Also noted that the mag release and bolt release are plain, flat surfaces, not even any serrations on either one. Is that really a significant cost savings?  Just looks cheap to me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I watched the video. I oiled everything shown in the video, plus oiled pins, trigger,etc. on the new lower.

What grease do you use?  I have plenty of Aeroshell.

If I shoot any PCC it will just be matches at the local range.  I don't reload 9mm.

As far as the recoil spring, the Guntec spring is listed as being for a 9mm.  It looks different than a standard AR-15 recoil spring, chrome finish and seems to made of heavier wire.  I'll take a standard recoil spring when I shoot it, and try both.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, sounds like I’ll need a different buffer.  I have the Guntec 9mm buffer, it’s 8.2ounces. I did notice that it’s a bit longer than a standard 5.56 buffer. Hopefully I’ll get to the range tomorrow to see how she runs.

Also, I greased the rail the charging handle runs in, seems to have freed it up a little.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Unfortunately, it seems like the only extended 3-lugs out there are threaded 1/2"-28, and the FM uppers are 1/2"-36...

But I got a spacer in today... so shooting tomorrow!
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, it seems like the only extended 3-lugs out there are threaded 1/2"-28, and the FM uppers are 1/2"-36...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Doh!  Sorry I missed that - you could try contacting Rob at ILWT and he might be able to do a version in 1/2"-36...
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Got a chance to take it out, but not for very long.  Rain cut the fun short.  Managed to get a magazine out of it.  Cycled just fine with the Stern mag block.  The blowback action definitely has a bit of a push to it, but I think the Armaspec stealth recoil system kept it from being a sharp recoil.  Accuracy was good with Blazer Brass ammo.  1/4" spacer gave just enough room for the 3-lug setup to work.

I was happy to find out that my 300 blk upper still cycled all four ways (super/sub, suppressed/unsupressed) with the 9mm buffer/spring system.  I did have an H2 buffer in there, so it's not much of an increase in mass, but the springs sure are much stiffer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 3:00:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I finally got my FMP build to the range today.

16” FMP upper
FMP billet lower
FMP trigger

I used parts from Gisselle (buffer tube): Guntec (buffer and spring), and magpul furniture.

I am using a Primary Arms red dot for now. And Magpul magazines.

I did all my shooting at 25 yards, using my range bag for a rest.

WWB 115 FMJ chewed up a 2 inch target sticker, I put 10rounds on the first target, I’m going to guess it was a 1.5 inch group at 25yards. Shot quickly from a poor rest, so I’m tickled with the performance. No malfunctions of any kind with the WWB.

Next I tried some IMI 115 die cut hollow point.  It’s not quite as accurate as the WWB, but still acceptable.  That is until the second magazine when I got the first jam, failure to feed.  The sharp edged hollow points were catching on the feed ramp.  Other than the first few rounds, which functioned fine, I was getting about 20% jams, all the same FTF.

Tried some old (price tag was $3.00) Remington “lead free”ammo.  I had about 15 rounds.  No malfunctions, but not very accurate either. I remember that this stuff sucked in a Steyr M9-A1 and an M&P.

Last up was some Silver Bear 147 JHP, Steel case. POI was off a little compared to the 115 stuff which all shot to the same POI. The Silver Bear functioned perfectly, Group was probably 2.5 to 3 inches.

I have some of the Police trade in Speer 147 gold dots from recoil gunworks.  I need to try some of it, could be a nice home defense load.

I wish I had thought to bring more different types of ammo, and the ETS mags. Is there any chance a Glock OEM Mag would help with the IMI hollow point ammo?

When I was sweeping up the brass, I noticed that several were burnt looking, like the chamber didn’t seal and they got some blow by. This was all Winchester brass, had to be from the WWB.

Paul from FMP had sent me one of their buffers and Springs, but I forgot it until I was at the range.  They will be in the Gun next Trip.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you have a 7.5 ox buffer, they are problematic as it will interfere with the dwell time required for reliable reset.  As far as hollow points, they can be challenging for any blow back pcc.  I'm surprised about the accuracy on the wwb, its hit or miss for us, depending on the lot (made at several facilities).  We have had great luck w Tula and Wolf steel cased ammo.  My go to Brass is Blazer or PMC.

We prefer the Magpul Glock mags, would be interested to see what happens with the hollow points you were shooting with a Magpul Glock magazine.  Thanks for the update man!
View Quote
I got the buffer and spring from you, but hadn't installed them yet.  I grabbed it at the last minute to take to the range (mainly went to shoot handguns) and forgot all about the buffer until I started shooting.  I didn't have any function problems at all other than the IMI hollow points jamming.  I was using Magpul Glock mags, didn't seem to be a magazine issue, but who knows.  I also have some ETS mags that I didn't bring along, and I need to get at least one OEM Glock mag, just to rule out any magazine issues.  I also shot some 147 gr Silver Bear hollow points, but they have a more rounded nose profile and I had no issues with those.  I remember you warned about the WWB, so I figured I'd try some in my gun.  They were by far the most accurate load I tried.

You can see from these pics that the IMI die cut ammo has a pretty jagged nose.  I'm not too concerned about the FMP not feeding them. They are a relatively cheap hollow point that I bought 500 of, kind of for SHTF ammo.

This stuff ran fine

Link Posted: 8/3/2018 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
 As far as hollow points, they can be challenging for any blow back pcc.
View Quote
Would a ramped barrel help with hollow points and super long glock magazines?
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Will have some 45 caliber uppers built in about 4 weeks.
View Quote
?
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been watching this thread as I'm interested in a 9mm pistol build.....I'm a little ways out of being able to do the build, but I'm scheming.

More to my point:  I'm impressed by FM-products's responsiveness and receptiveness to customer input.  It's a trait I appreciate.  There are a few companies that get my biz because of their reasonable prices (not always the lowest, but in line with the market) and accessibility on this forum.  Good CS can take you far and set you apart in a way that people remember well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've been watching this thread as I'm interested in a 9mm pistol build.....I'm a little ways out of being able to do the build, but I'm scheming.

More to my point:  I'm impressed by FM-products's responsiveness and receptiveness to customer input.  It's a trait I appreciate.  There are a few companies that get my biz because of their reasonable prices (not always the lowest, but in line with the market) and accessibility on this forum.  Good CS can take you far and set you apart in a way that people remember well.
View Quote
Paul from FM Products has definitely gone above and beyond for me, even though there was nothing wrong with his product.

My build is a 16 incher. I will probably build another one, a pistol.  Will be using FMP parts for sure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Just bought a FM-9mm bcg. Very tight fit on my upper.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Will have some 45 caliber uppers built in about 4 weeks.
View Quote
Blowback or RDB?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#37]
PSA Glock lower and BCA upper.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This may help...hit us up if you need help w your build...

pic of ejector mod
View Quote
Thanks! I took a little material off and polished it down. BCG is moving smoother and it's easier pulling the charging handle and doing a functions check now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#40]
16" Foxtrot Mike Upper
Primary Weapons Systems Lower
EOTech EXPS2-0

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
16" Foxtrot Mike Upper
Primary Weapons Systems Lower
EOTech EXPS2-0

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/28051/IMG_0229__3_-637207.JPG
View Quote
What mag are you using? Any problems with them?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What mag are you using? Any problems with them?
View Quote
33 round Glock mags. I haven’t shot it yet. I just got the EOTech and haven’t had a chance to go to the range.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#44]
@FM-Products

Will your side charging uppers function with the Strike Industries Viper PDW Stock?

Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
2-3 months
View Quote
Any updates on this?
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I plan on using a Stern Defense mag adapter in my Anderson lower and attaching a FM 9mm upper. I live in MA so I must use Pre-1994 Glock magazines if I want a mag over 10 rounds. Anyone know if the upper receiver will work reliably with pre-1994 Glock magazines?
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I just bought your colt style upper and I need to get a magblock for my lower. Any suggestions on a relativity inexpensive mag block that will function well with your colt upper?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 17
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top