AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 17
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are trying to keep a low profile on this sadly, I will be sure to put any info on this here, FG and IG

It requires a proprietary BCG and Barrel
View Quote
I really hope it has your ambi forward charging handle. I am super out on suppressed rear charging ARs. But a delayed blowback left hand friendly non-rear charging upper?

Link Posted: 11/3/2018 2:39:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Have any of you guys with FM M-lok rails had issues getting rail covers to stay in?  The BCM ones I usually use just fall right out, and Magpul type 2's have quite a bit of slop and can be pulled out without much resistance.  Not sure if this is normal for this rail.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I did get all of the problems fixed that I was having with my build.  I had two problems going on simultaneously with my FM upper.  1) The extractor on the bolt was not functioning properly and it took an armorer to point this one out for me.  2) FM designs their barrels to be capable of full auto (very beefy barrels).  This downside of this is that the chamber tolerances have to be made slightly looser to function properly in full auto.  I was using handloaded ammo (my own reloads) that were as close to SAAMI specifications as possible for a 9mm chamber that was not designed to be full auto.  So, the casings on my reloads were dropping slightly deeper than intended, just past the end of the chamber.  This was also preventing the bolt from properly capturing the round.  Switching to steel cased ammo (like Tula or Wolf) actually made the upper functioning flawlessly.  To get it function properly with the reloads, I ended up having to change the barrel out.

One HUGE thing that I would recommend that I did not consider when assembling my build.  New Frontier designs their Last Round Bolt Hold Open (LRBHO) feature into their upper.  Foxtrot Mike has their LRBHO feature as part of their lower.  Do yourself a favor and order a FM upper and lower together or New Frontier upper and lower together to get the full benefit of either design.  Nothing against New Frontier as their products seem top notch, I would HIGHLY recommend Foxtrot Mike for your complete build.  I say this because Paul (the VP of Foxtrot Mike Products) and his team bent over backwards helping me troubleshoot and get my AR-9 functioning 100%.  The level of concern that they demonstrated when I posted here that my build was not working as intended has set a level of help that I think many other companies should hope to achieve.

Best of luck with your build.  If there's anything else that I can do to help you, please do not hesitate to ask.
View Quote
Have tried factory ammo in your barrel they made for handloaders?

I ran into the issue as well. They replaced my upper wich was better but still not what I would call "combat reliable". I am going to get a "reloader" barrel from them with a standard 9mm chamber and not an auto-chamber. Just wondering if this will settle my ammo issue as there are many manufacturers using decent crimps that seem to not headspace properly in thier auto-chamber.

I really want to like thier product, I just to know I can trust it. I wish they has better communication though. While they do respond, I don't seem to get the whole story on my questions and only partial information, this last one being too late and not I have to source another lower from them due to breakage trying to follow thier directions...sigh
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Aren't you the guy who emailed us repeatedly asking to come by and buy direct from us? Something we dont do.

And then wanted to buy a used upper to save money?

And then bought a used upper from us for $200 (half price)?

And then I offered to give you your $ back, because no good deed goes unpunished.

And then you insisted in coming by and meeting with my gunsmith for a half hour, to talk about a used upper you bought for half price.

And then we exchanged it for another used upper.

Funny thing is we have 100% 5 star ratings on our product, and there has never been a time that we have not helped a client resolve an issue with their build.

Reviews of our product from paying cusomters

Keep in mind those clients paid full price...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have tried factory ammo in your barrel they made for handloaders?

I ran into the issue as well. They replaced my upper wich was better but still not what I would call "combat reliable". I am going to get a "reloader" barrel from them with a standard 9mm chamber and not an auto-chamber. Just wondering if this will settle my ammo issue as there are many manufacturers using decent crimps that seem to not headspace properly in thier auto-chamber.

I really want to like thier product, I just to know I can trust it. I wish they has better communication though. While they do respond, I don't seem to get the whole story on my questions and only partial information, this last one being too late and not I have to source another lower from them due to breakage trying to follow thier directions...sigh
Aren't you the guy who emailed us repeatedly asking to come by and buy direct from us? Something we dont do.

And then wanted to buy a used upper to save money?

And then bought a used upper from us for $200 (half price)?

And then I offered to give you your $ back, because no good deed goes unpunished.

And then you insisted in coming by and meeting with my gunsmith for a half hour, to talk about a used upper you bought for half price.

And then we exchanged it for another used upper.

Funny thing is we have 100% 5 star ratings on our product, and there has never been a time that we have not helped a client resolve an issue with their build.

Reviews of our product from paying cusomters

Keep in mind those clients paid full price...
Quoted:

If you insist on buying a used upper for half price, dont expect it to come with the same customer service a paying customer gets.
Ouch, I think I struck a nerve. Sorry you are defensive, this was not my intent.

But since you pulled this out...

Yes, I am "that guy", yes I am frugal. I did contact you directly about cosmetic blems/retruns. Your response was yes, we have a bunch, they are tested and GTG. Being local to you I was happy to save shipping and hassle and pick one up directly.

I did report back that I was having a feed issue, described it in detail, and stated that it happened across multiple ammo lines. I was not the one hung up on WWB ammo, in fact, my e-mail stated it was the best performing out of the many I tried. You did to offer to buy it back. That is the easy way out though as I thought there was an issue and wanted to work with you to figure it out. Also in fact, being a trained armorer, I even diagnosed it to a long chamber which in hindsight to me, you did address in your short run of barrels for reloaders, you just didn't mention that little bit. You did swap it out for another, but perhaps a different approach would have been to say "oh ya, we have seen this, one of our "reloader barrels" will clear up the extractor override issue you are having" instead of keeping telling me ammo was the issue. I would have gladly given you more money on the spot. A bit of openess about these other barrels would have saved us both a bunch of time, range ammo, frustration, and obviously your need to berate me.

I guess that was my fault for not stumbling across this thread in ARFCOM before hand.

As to the other communications I mentioned, I also reported I had a stickey LRBHO in my billet lower (that I did pay full retail for BTW since that seems to matter) and asked you for any advice on disassembly so I could address it. You sent me a video on your hybrid lower and removal of the LRBHO. So I tried to follow that, snapped of an edge of the rod guide. oops. Then you said the directions were different, but still didn't address the stuck plunger deal I was having.

I did figure it out though if you are concerned. A burr developed under the bolt lock thus holding the plunger down. I deburred it and it now has free movement. I also figured out how to disassemble the LRBHO without further damaging the receiver.

Remove the two set screws inside the bolt lock (one on top of the other), heat will be required to defeat the locktite. Once you have free play between the bolt lock and the operating rod, you can rotate the rod out of the retaining slots and replace, repair any of the componnents. When reassembing, hold the receiver vertical, slide the bolt lock back over the rod, reinsert into the channel and rotate. There are two tabs on iether end that are retained by inside the channel, instert an empty magazine or use a vice block that will engage the LRBHO and tighten the two set screws while the bolt lock is in the up/engaged position. Check for free movement and sprung return.

I figure others who have the billet lower may want to know how to do this.

So lessons leanred I guess, go pay full retail for my products. If I do not, don't bother the manufacturer who sold it you. Got it. Still would have had the same concerns though...

Please please also take this as a touch of feedback from an everyday joe.

You can't claim "designed to work with all types of ammo" and then tell customers to only use specific types. If approached with concerns, please read them and be accurate in your replies. Please also state in your how to videos that this only pertains to one specific product. such as, only your hybrid lower and not the billet lower. I have reviewed them many times thinking I may have missed that but I am not seeing it. 98% (2 FTF out of 100 )is not combat reliable. Perhaps as a range toy or for gaming that is acceptable. But when your life is on the line and you are trading bullets with bad guys it is not. Especially a hard stoppage such as described in this thread. Tap/Rack/bang (SPORTS) is one thing, dropping mag, locking bolt to rear, clearing chamber, reinserting mag and releasing bolt lock is life endagering to prefessionals.

Lastly, sometimes who you view as a "little guy" may actually be trialing a product for a large departmental/organizational purchase. You never know.

Good day sir.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They are designed to run with all ammo, assuming you arent getting one of our very early sample uppers for half price.

In fact those uppers run just fine, assuming you arent running reloads.

If you had done what every other customer did, and buy one from a retailer, you would be getting a current production model, and we wouldn't be having this exchange.

You cant have it both ways.

When ya put a small company on blast for a used product you got for half price, and were offered you money back, and leaving out key details, that says a lot about you as a consumer.  You are welcome to get your $ back at any time.
View Quote
I am not blasting you, I am sorry you are taking it that way. I was aking another customer if he has good luck with the different barrel before I spend money on one.

I did comment about not getting all the needed information and incomplete answers. That was the only negative this I said and really my only complaint. But, this is another example of that though. In all of our e-mails and communicaitons, this is the fist mention of me having a sample pre-design change. All was mentioned was that is was a return that had been tested. So please, let me ask. What are they key differences between the sample and current production that affect performance so I can make the most educated decision to modify the one I have, simply replace the barrel, or take you up on your refund offer and purchase an upper on the retail market.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I debated posting on this thread as I didn’t want to ruffle any feathers, but since it’s calmed down a bit, I’d like to put in my experience with FM-Products.

I actually saw this thread about a year ago when I was researching PCC for competition.  It was the customer engagement that this small company turned me to them over most other companies.

My initial build was with an upper and a torkmag gblock in my AR lower.  There was no reason to help me because I wasn’t using their lower,but they were willing to engage their other customers for similar setups and asked me to let them know if I needed anything.

I got it running and we have exchanged emails and I’ve even done some inadvertent durability testing for them.

My point is that with every company there are good and bad experiences and there are more “good” then bad with FM-Products.

Don’t hesitate to chose them for your PCC.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Ohhh crap,  My email to you today about the barrel from Brownells was based on this thread.  However I AM NOT ONE OF THESE GUYS.  So I guess my question is should I cancel my Brownells order for the barrel or will it run on reloads???

As I am new to PCC I would like as few issues as possible.  I did not see the ultra light barrel on the websight.  This is what I orderedhttps://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/ar-15-fm-9-barrel-9mm-prod105912.aspx
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Dbl Tap...
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#15]
FYI I have pretty much run reloads on the standard barrel and the light barrel.  Never had any problems.  With that being said, I do like the lighter barrel, mostly because it’s lighter!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FYI I have pretty much run reloads on the standard barrel and the light barrel.  Never had any problems.  With that being said, I do like the lighter barrel, mostly because it’s lighter!!!
View Quote
What length?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ya we never really had any issues with the production barrels or uppers we have on the market, only when people go a little crazy on the 2nd crimp of a reload.  But those issues were super rare.
View Quote
Thanks for the correspondance Paul.  When the barrel comes in I will get with you and get it sorted out.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#22]
would it be hard to change from your brace to an sab3 if wanted.  I just came across your Black Friday post.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
would it be hard to change from your brace to an sab3 if wanted.  I just came across your Black Friday post.
View Quote
The SB Tactical SBA3 will work on the FM-9 Pistol. All you have to do is remove the FM buffer tube, put the SB buffer tube on and use the FM Buffer spring and buffer.  I love mine !  Also check out Foxtrot Mike Products Instgram page for an offer on a free Pistol Brace. All ya got to do is cover shipping and handling. https://www.instagram.com/p/BpukILnHsU5/
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

True story, we will give a free brace to anyone who buys a complete pistol from PA or a complete pistol Lower Receiver from Brownells...
View Quote
That's cool!
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:50:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Bought that deal from PA today.  Excited for when it comes in.  Thanks for the IM response.  Looking for a fun cheap blaster when I take people shooting.  It should fit the bill.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Primary arms email says $500 now instead of 550.  Just so people know.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#30]
FM (Paul)

Just out of curiosity, I've got the NFA C-5 MP5 mag lower and looking at opening up my FM upper to accept the MP5 mags.  Looks like there may not be much meat left on the left side of the upper after enlarging the magazine hole.

Is it possible to swap all the FM stuff to a C-5 non side charging upper?

2 assumptions on my end that would have to be true. 1) Hole for the FM charging rod is in the standard gas tube location... and 2) A custom bushing in the gas tube hole like the Adams Arms piston kits would be needed

Then it would just be making a charging handle plug for the back or machining it to transfer the flip up/down filler piece.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#33]
^
How long is the handguard on the PA unit, 9"?
Is that the shortest one offered?

Edit:  Oops... just realized it's an 8.5".
Looks awesome.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

True story ($499) they expect to sell out this weekend...

$499 FM Products 8.5" Pistol w 7" Barrel
View Quote
They now have 1 less than they had a few minutes ago.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I debated posting on this thread as I didn’t want to ruffle any feathers, but since it’s calmed down a bit, I’d like to put in my experience with FM-Products.

I actually saw this thread about a year ago when I was researching PCC for competition.  It was the customer engagement that this small company turned me to them over most other companies.

My initial build was with an upper and a torkmag gblock in my AR lower.  There was no reason to help me because I wasn’t using their lower,but they were willing to engage their other customers for similar setups and asked me to let them know if I needed anything.

I got it running and we have exchanged emails and I’ve even done some inadvertent durability testing for them.

My point is that with every company there are good and bad experiences and there are more “good” then bad with FM-Products.

Don’t hesitate to chose them for your PCC.
View Quote
Oh don't get me wrong, These guys and Paul have been quite responsive. I am and will buy more of thier products.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
True story, we will give a free brace to anyone who buys a complete pistol from PA or a complete pistol Lower Receiver from Brownells...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The SB Tactical SBA3 will work on the FM-9 Pistol. All you have to do is remove the FM buffer tube, put the SB buffer tube on and use the FM Buffer spring and buffer.  I love mine !  Also check out Foxtrot Mike Products Instgram page for an offer on a free Pistol Brace. All ya got to do is cover shipping and handling. https://www.instagram.com/p/BpukILnHsU5/
I don't have an Instagram account, how do I go about getting my free Pistol Brace. Purchased complete
Pistol from Primary and will arrive Monday.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't have an Instagram account, how do I go about getting my free Pistol Brace. Purchased complete
Pistol from Primary and will arrive Monday.
View Quote
Here is the info you need. Follow the link below. The image is from the Foxtrot Mike Facebook page.

46444447_2087559924639202_8208147729218535424_n by gtwralph, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Got my 8.5 in.  Haven’t shot it yet.  Surprised at the workmanship for$500.  Much better than expected.  That much machining is expensive.  Why are you selling them so cheap?
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Ordered one ... they look cool so why not. Going on a spikes 9mm glock lower. We shall see how it behaves.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#44]
I didn't search the whole thread, but are the FM uppers compatible with the Stern defense adapter?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Is the 7" barreled upper (like the complete pistol at PA) going to be available separately or only part of the pistol exclusive?
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#49]
I just FOd on one of these from PA. 8.5" upper to fit on my NFA lower. Did an e-file stamp. Now I just have to figure out what stock to use.

Anyone know if the Larue MBT trigger is going to work with this or should I go mil-spec from the parts box?
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I just FOd on one of these from PA. 8.5" upper to fit on my NFA lower. Did an e-file stamp. Now I just have to figure out what stock to use.

Anyone know if the Larue MBT trigger is going to work with this or should I go mil-spec from the parts box?
View Quote
I bought one too, should be here tomorrow so I'm excited!

Hey FM, do you have any pics of the aforementioned alternative charging handles you said you were bringing to market?

ETA: Has anyone tried the MEAN Endomag adapter with their FM-9 upper, specifically the Glock version?
Page / 17
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top