Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2021 6:35:29 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with and know if the Rare Breed FRT trigger will work in one of the Foxtrot Mike AR9 pistols?

Just curious, have seen some conflicting information about it will or won’t work with a ramped BCG, which the FM AR9.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
The FM9 being a blowback 9 I'd be concerned about bolt bounce and OOB ignition.  You may need to look into hyrdaulic or dead blow buffer and spring change.  The bolt/hammer is only part of the equation.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If you don't have a Rare Breed trigger already, good luck getting one.

The ATF has issued a cease and desist to them.

I know a few folks who bought them and none have been able to get it to run reliably on different platforms, one broke.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
You might be able to find answers somewhere here.  https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Rare-Breed-Triggers-FRT-Convince-me-to-not-buy-one-/118-759561/

Also they are available. Here.  https://www.rarebreedtriggers.com/product/frt-15/

I think if the bolt carrier has the long section at the rear like a full auto bolt carrier it "should" work. I don't think the ramped part would affect the function.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine wouldn't function at all as-is, due to bolt bounce-induced light primer strikes.

Replacing the buffer spring with a standard carbine spring (minus three coils), and the buffer with a 11.5oz AR stoner one seemed to solve the issue with bolt bounce.  Runs great now.

Recently tested it with 9BPLE, and it ran 100%.  Same with the considerably weaker Barnaul stuff.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top