Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2020 6:00:24 PM EDT
After trying out several optics on my new AR10 SPR setup...finally found the optic that will stay.

It is an oldie, but man its awesome. The Weaver Tactical 2-10x36 with the IMDR reticle.

So this optic is not light...for sure but it reminds a lot about my first high end 10X optic...my NF NXS 2.5-10x32 that had their enhanced mil dot but MOA adjustments.

The Weaver is mil/mil with similar mildot design and kid you not..the same turret feel and glass...while it doesn't have a zero stop...it does have push/pull locking turrets.

One thing I missed a lot with my NF was the glass clarity and the reticle...this Weaver has matched my old NXS.

The reticle is a hybrid of the old school Leupold TMR and NF mil dot...I like it.

The illumination on this actually works quite well...

Previously I tried a VX-R Patrol and Accupower...both had some QC issues inside ( Leupold had a jacked up reticle and the Accupower had ton of dirt...3 of my ACOGs had the issue as well not sure what is going on with Trijicon lately)

Either way I scored this Weaver for less than $400 and I am thoroughly impressed with it...she is a keeper...perfect SPR optic...

If you find one...get one...
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Great little optics. I've got two, I really like them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
How did they manage to make a 2-10x36 weight 25 ounces?

Weavers are underrated in general. The old Classic V line are some of the best cheap scopes out there.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
They will be missed as they are going the way of nikon and will be no more. Weaver tactical line were built like tanks. Had the 1-5 long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How did they manage to make a 2-10x36 weight 25 ounces?

Weavers are underrated in general. The old Classic V line are some of the best cheap scopes out there.
View Quote
Just like how tanky LPVOs are 23-26oz.

The weight doesn’t bother me. I mean a Razor HD-E 1-6 is a whopping 21.5oz...
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like everything's discontinued now.

Shame, looks like a fantastic product line that was ahead of it's time quality and price wise.

That 1-5x24 seriously has my attention now because of this thread.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one of these on a PA10 and loved it.  Something happened about a year ago and the focus went out.  I sent it in and they replaced it with a new 4x12 Bushnell.  I'm sure they though they were hooking me up with a new scope but I really liked the 2x10.  David
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Hope mine won't go out of focus...how was the warranty process?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hope mine won't go out of focus...how was the warranty process?
View Quote
I had a Weaver dead out of the box.

Bushnell replaced it with whatever optic I wanted.  Not kidding.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I had a Weaver dead out of the box.

Bushnell replaced it with whatever optic I wanted.  Not kidding.
View Quote
Interesting....
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#10]
These old Weaver Tactical IMDR scopes are awesome.  I still have and love my 3-15.  Built like tanks at LOW Japan.  Stupid good optics that never caught on.  Locking turrets, Mil/Mil, and they track and retain zero. Japanese glass is serviceable.

Natchez still has the 3-15's available.  Tempted to pick up another for $500.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]
The price on these makes the 3-15x very tempting.  Being made by LOW also helps a lot.

How does the glass on the Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 compare to the Vortex PST Gen 2, 3-15x44?

I know they are not in the same price point but in some ways I like the simplicity of the EMDR reticle.  I just don't want too loose to much glass quality.  Right now the Vortex is at the top of my list but I am not opposed to looking at other good options especially when they are priced so well...
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah I am tempted also.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top