BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Forward Controls Design (Page 5 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Any ETA on when your bolt catches will be back in stock?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
A few will be back in stock later this week
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 6:00:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I want to see the new FCD keymo devices
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Any word on a batch of 11.5 rhf restock?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Not for months, but by then we'll have the new 12.8" as well, pretty good for consolation prize
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Duffy:
View Quote

Yeah, I’m in NEED of some
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

@Duffy

Any word on EPCs?
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#8]
The very small batch of 200 quickly sold out, most of them were sent to dealers.

The much larger batch is coming back from ano finally and headed back to the shop for assembly and laser engraving, with another big run following

These batches are large enough I think anyone that wants one can obtain it, don't pay scalper prices
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Scrapple:
One of the most painful things I've ever felt is snagging my nail hard on my forward assist. Ever since then, I am very careful when charging with the right side.
When I found out about your low profile for assist, I knew I had to have some. I purchased five, and can't wait to get rid of all of my fingernail catchers.
View Quote

Hmm, something to add to the list of why I get my uppers without provision for a forward assist.  I hadn't thought about something like that happening.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:09:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Any updates on potential cooperation with LMT on something?
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:11:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#11]
LMT MARS-L compatible left side bolt catch design is complete, we'll be in prototype stage soon.  

We don't usually like to make parts for a specific company's system, but it so happens I like LMT a great deal and they're super nice to us, and the LMT MARS-L compatible bolt catch also works on a non-MARS-L lower.  When a company like LMT gives us the opportunity, we do not turn it down lol.  

LDFA was created specifically for left hand shooters, or right hand shooters that use the right latch of an ambi charging handle.  The internet has no shortage of critics that seem to superimpose their own experience and needs on others, and make assumptions on their behalf.  I still remember the naysayers and their "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "solution in search of a problem" comments for LDFA.

For an able bodied person, a wheelchair is a solution in search of a problem.  Our products are purpose driven.  Nothing without a reason, everything with a purpose, these reasons and purposes don't apply to everyone.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Any thoughts on doing plates for the VP9 at all? Back ordered to infinity it seems, even the aftermarket one.

Oh, and maybe it's just me but I for one would love to see an FCD G17 MOS slide with suppressor height sights. I'd prepay right now sight unseen
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Thought about doing slides, but unless we can do it better than existing competent designs, we will probably stay out of that space.
VP9 RMR plate is coming, we're finishing the G43X/48 RMR plates first
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Recently installed some duck forward assists and after one press check it was a "holy crap this is a well thought-out product" moment. That's FCD in a nutshell, yall are crushing it. Small but meaningful improvements over milspec with no frills or non value-added widgets.

Please make more BCGs I beg
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 3:27:18 AM EDT
[#15]
LMT MARS-L compatible left side bolt catch design is complete, we'll be in prototype stage soon.  

We don't usually like to make parts for a specific company's system, but it so happens I like LMT a great deal and they're super nice to us, and the LMT MARS-L compatible bolt catch also works on a non-MARS-L lower.  When a company like LMT gives us the opportunity, we do not turn it down lol.  
View Quote

Very cool.  I think your bolt catches would be an excellent addition to the MARS-L and when I got one, I'd have tried to see if a bolt catch like yours could be modified to work in it, so nice to see that won't be necessary.

Are you planning on also doing one for the right side?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Roger is awesome and his products are even better!

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I looked at the right side MARS-L bolt catch, I'd reduce the lower paddle size if we made one.  The "leg" has to be pressed onto the bolt catch body, but there isn't much we can do do make it better so we left it alone
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:09:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slyrva] [#18]
@Duffy Thank you for al that you do!

Any general timeline for a restock of RHF4 11.5" quad rails in black? That's the missing piece for me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Any word on some PF-40 pins?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#20]
PF-040 will be ready late this week or early next.  No ETA for 11.5 RHF4, Centurion Arms is busy but it's on their schedule
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm waiting for the ACF for 308s to come back in stock so I can throw one on my LMT MWS.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 11:51:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#22]
@Duffy

I did not know that you were stepping into the AK field. When I saw that Pond post, my curiosity is getting the best of me. Is the selector going to be a Westernized AR type at all?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#23]
@Duffy Any word on when the 15" RHF MLOK will be in stock? I did sign up for the waiting list. Brownell's has the option to backorder. Any idea what the best plan of attack is to get one?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#24]
We're not in the AK space lol, but since we are diversifying, I guess we could at some point.
Hand guards should be done soon, but it's the new 12.8", no ETA on the "old" lengths, CMT has been busy like all of us in the industry
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#25]
@Duffy thanks for all the previous info! Million dollar question here- any chance more np3 BCGs will come around in our lifetimes? Non-np3 bcgs?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Slyrva:
@Duffy thanks for all the previous info! Million dollar question here- any chance more np3 BCGs will come around in our lifetimes? Non-np3 bcgs?
View Quote

You have to be Johnny on the spot when they do drop. I did not know that there are actual collectors of BCG's for actual collections and we're not talking spare parts or for future projects either.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Phosphated SBCGs will be more readily available, as long as we can source them and it's an impossible task for the last few months.  NP3 SBCG will be made again when we can get them, but it doesn't look good this year
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I probably have email alerts to tell me when the URF-F returns to stock under two or three different emails.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Any ETA on the URF-F? I've been looking for one for a while, or any upper with the anti-rotation pin hole for that matter.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Billet will be back next month, no word on forged
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey Roger, any word on abc/r? I’ve been searching for a few months now! The moment one pops up, I’m going to jump on it!
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#32]
More coming in a month or so, we hope to fix this constant supply issue with bolt catches, since 2015, they're out of stock 10 months out of the year.  They spend 26 min on the machine each, and rather time consuming to make.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#33]
I suppose I should ask about MCF as well. The ones in black are out of stock, and I must AA everything!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Hopefully Railscales can start production on them
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:
@Duffy Any word on when the 15" RHF MLOK will be in stock? I did sign up for the waiting list. Brownell's has the option to backorder. Any idea what the best plan of attack is to get one?
View Quote

If anyone was also looking for a 15" RHF, Primary Arms has that length back in stock.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Dang it! Took me less than a minute to try to put the BCG in my cart and checkout and still missed it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:21:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#37]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
Dang it! Took me less than a minute to try to put the BCG in my cart and checkout and still missed it.
View Quote

I really should mind my own business but the collectors are actually starting to annoy me. I'd really, REALLY, like to do an all FCD build minus the lower, because minus a few parts like a barrel but would be FCD approved because the barrel is a Centurion CHF, I literally have everything but the damn BCG. But I don't think that this will ever happen when we're competing with guys that actually don't need them along with those desperate for parts. I can understand those needing parts though, because I am one of them.

@Duffy, is there a way for us to be able to get one and have like a master list of those that already have them to keep them from doing hyena things? I know that this is a shitty thing to ask, but the facebook group says that we're family, well it would be nice if the family actually did a selfless family act and give us a chance too, whom also happen to be a part of that family.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Jonny1904:

I really should mind my own business but the collectors are actually starting to annoy me. I'd really, REALLY, like to do an all FCD build minus the lower, because minus a few parts like a barrel but would be FCD approved because the barrel is a Centurion CHF, I literally have everything but the damn BCG. But I don't think that this will ever happen when we're competing with guys that actually don't need them along with those desperate for parts. I can understand those needing parts though, because I am one of them.
View Quote

Yeah, it’s really annoying setting guys post pictures of all their unused bcgs on IG just to “flex”.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#39]

@Duffy, is there a way for us to be able to get one and have like a master list of those that already have them to keep them from doing hyena things? I know that this is a shitty thing to ask, but the facebook group says that we're family, well it would be nice if the family actually did a selfless family act and give us a chance too, whom also happen to be a part of that family.
View Quote

I'll see if I can score you one and I will sell it to you for cost. I haven't tried to get an FCD BCG but I'll try.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Nutro:

I'll see if I can score you one and I will sell it to you for cost. I haven't tried to get an FCD BCG but I'll try.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Are you Big Tex Outdoors by any chance?

I can pay right now. I can also trade a Colt virgin BCG from my spare parts for a one for one, or trade a Trijicon 3x magnifier and eat the cost differences because of what a rarity I'd be getting.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#41]

Are you Big Tex Outdoors by any chance?

I can pay right now. I can also trade a Colt virgin BCG from my spare parts for a one for one, or trade a Trijicon 3x magnifier and eat the cost differences because of what a rarity I'd be getting.

View Quote

Ha! No I'm just a nobody. I don't need anything beyond what I pay for it plus shipping. No promises but I'll try for ya
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:18:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#42]

Ha! No I'm just a nobody. I don't need anything beyond what I pay for it plus shipping. No promises but I'll try for ya
View Quote

I try, no I strive to be self sufficient but in this rare circumstance I would be very grateful for the help. Only 12 of the NP3 coated SBCG were available.

I swear, I might launch myself into orbit if I start seeing some collector flexing their prize to their collection of safe queen BCG, post about it in the group
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#43]
It's been suggested to limit the quantity, we haven't done it yet.  The shortage will go away, as will the buying frenzy and "drop" culture.  

If we could source them more readily, this wouldn't be a thing, but even in the best of times when we could get them, SBCGs took months to make.   It isn't our part to say who can buy what, and how many, so I'm loathe to put a cap on quantity.  

SOLGW and SIONICS both provide Microbest BCGs for us to convert into SBCGs, for the most part, they're almost identical to the SBCG, we use OCKS, SCP (cam pin with a dimpled machined on one side so you'd always put it back in the same orientation), serrations or dimpled to make it easier to push on the carrier as a forward assist.  If you can't get one of ours, SOLGW, SIONICS, HDSI, BCM BCGs are all great choices.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:08:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 135Patriots] [#44]
It's been suggested to limit the quantity, we haven't done it yet.  The shortage will go away, as will the buying frenzy and "drop" culture.  

If we could source them more readily, this wouldn't be a thing, but even in the best of times when we could get them, SBCGs took months to make.   It isn't our part to say who can buy what, and how many, so I'm loathe to put a cap on quantity.  

SOLGW and SIONICS both provide Microbest BCGs for us to convert into SBCGs, for the most part, they're almost identical to the SBCG, we use OCKS, SCP (cam pin with a dimpled machined on one side so you'd always put it back in the same orientation), serrations or dimpled to make it easier to push on the carrier as a forward assist.  If you can't get one of ours, SOLGW, SIONICS, HDSI, BCM BCGs are all great choices.
View Quote
Agreed that throttling availability isn't sensible (for the business or the consumer). It brings a different set of problems. I don't think there's much of a solution RE: "drop" culture in the gun world. I personally find it bizarre - guns are tools for use, not fine art. So it's cringy as hell...but the IG crowd who want to do fashion shoots with unused guns are paying customers all the same.

As always I appreciate your transparency and thought process.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:48:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#45]
We're not participating in the drop culture willingly, nevertheless, due to the shortage of particular parts, it'd seem we are part of the problem.

Purpose driven, form follows function shapes can look rather good, it's purely a coincidence, we don't go out of our way to make things look nice, which makes it rather humorous those that focus on looks appear to do such a poor job at making things look "tactical", they have one job lol.

Our mission is to make a difference to users that use their firearms as tools, defense and duty.  It is not our intention to attract folks that worry about scratches and imperfections or buy our products because of the way they look,  they happen to be photogenic despite our function over form design philosophy.  That said, we love all of our customers, whether they have our products for work or because they look good.

We've actually toned down the aesthetics on the CNF so the flutes (functional, coarse serrations) aren't distracting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Thank you for your transparency. While frustrating, I do understand.

I'mma go back into my hole now, Uncle Roger has set me straight
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#47]
I admit wanting (3) black & (1) tan EPCs because of the way they look. And that I just bought 2 sets of pins solely because they’re FCD and #iwantallthingsfcd.

I’m not even gonna look at their BCGs because then I’ll want those too.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:43:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#49]
We will see the end of ABC/R shortage soon.  Since its introduction in 2015, they've been always out of stock 10 months out of the year, to the point they've become an ancillary product line for FCD as we diversify to expand to high quality, dedicated AR armorer tools and pistol optics mounting plates.  

They are rather complicated and difficult to make out of a solid block of 8620.  MIM or injection would be cheaper but it'd also make it very expensive to make improvements on it as we have since 2015 (hence the v3 designation), even within the latest v3, we made another adjustment to make it more tolerant of bolt catch hole and bosses tolerances, not something easily done or quickly with molds.

It's never been our objective to make everything under the sun, or flood the market with any particular product.  The higher cost of our products pretty much preclude either and that's fine with me, there are good players in the space that can do both quality and volume, we're too small for both, so we forgo volume.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Eagerly awaiting a bcg and some acfs! Hope to see them return soon.
Page / 32
Forward Controls Design (Page 5 of 32)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top