AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Forward Controls Design (Page 15 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are the EPCs coming into stock?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]
We'll be shipping to dealers again in coming weeks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThaBaron:
Where are the EPCs coming into stock?
View Quote

Ar15discounts had them come in stock this morning, but I got the email at 4:50 am PST, so I missed out
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#4]
@Duffy I may have missed this but any future releases on SBCGs? I don’t think I’ve seen any in about a 1.5-2 years now. Would sure love to get a simpler one
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#5]
They're coming back this year.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:03:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Duffy:
They're coming back this year.
View Quote

Any chance on a run of Slick Side SBCG’s?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Not likely, they all have the FA notches.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m waiting on a couple of those too.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:38:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thedownzero] [#10]
Soooo EPC's arrived, I know they're supposed to be hard to open/close initially...but damn. I'm using them in Centurion Arms forged uppers and they don't seem to budge. I have to use a dental pick on one of them to push the detent down when closing (not exaggerating, it literally won't close by force). Conversely the amount of force required to open them seems pretty excessive. Again, I've read they get easier with time, but on the one upper it's completely worn through anodizing and seems to be wearing a new notch. I'm curious as to what exactly causes this compared to other ejection port covers? How many rounds or cycles of popping it open until it became normal for some of you who have had them for a while?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:15:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ed_Victory] [#11]
Why it happens, I’m not sure, but I experienced the same with Colt and Ripcord uppers.

A drop of oil on the detent and manually working it open and closed about a dozen times did the trick for me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By thedownzero:
Soooo EPC's arrived, I know they're supposed to be hard to open/close initially...but damn. I'm using them in Centurion Arms forged uppers and they don't seem to budge. I have to use a dental pick on one of them to push the detent down when closing (not exaggerating, it literally won't close by force). Conversely the amount of force required to open them seems pretty excessive. Again, I've read they get easier with time, but on the one upper it's completely worn through anodizing and seems to be wearing a new notch. I'm curious as to what exactly causes this compared to other ejection port covers? How many rounds or cycles of popping it open until it became normal for some of you who have had them for a while?
View Quote

No issues with the three I have. FCD billet upper, Geissele forged upper and Colt cage code forged upper. They’re all snug but snap closed smoothly. Shooting the rifle seems to open them without much effort, as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#13]
CA uppers can have this issue with TDP spec stamped steel port covers as well, keep cycling it and it'll get easier, or use it on another upper
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:14:27 AM EDT
[#14]
CA uppers can have this issue with TDP spec stamped steel port covers as well, keep cycling it and it'll get easier, or use it on another upper
View Quote

Do you know why specifically CA uppers? I have this going on with one of my CA uppers with TDP stamped steel port cover.

It's not a huge issue, I just worked it open/close a few times with oil on the detent like mentioned above. I was just wondering what the reason.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#15]
CA uppers port cover latch channel appears t be deep and wide enough, the channel being shallow is usually the reason the port cover's latch has a harder time with being pushed down by the ramp.  

ZEV made uppers are such examples, but EPCs and TDP spec steel port covers have worked with them well enough, some need more closing cycles before getting smoothed out.  A bit of grease may help too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:48:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Any update on the 6315 Xeno ?,  desperately waiting on 3 of them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#17]
6315XE and 6310XE will be done very soon.  We're working on another one as well
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#18]
6315XE and 6310XE will be done very soon.  We're working on another one as well
View Quote

Looking forward to them. Any hints on the new one?
Perhaps a longer version for pin & weld?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:24:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#19]
6315XE is 2.157" long.  Assuming 0.5" of threads, it'll add 1.657 to the barrel, enough to bring a 14.5" over 16.1".

Since all of our devices have to be timed with the center port facing 12 o'clock dead center, shims will be needed, which further adds more length to the final measurement.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Not pictured: EMR-A, ABC/R. VCH on the way. Eventually hoping to find a Mallard Brown ACF, and the MG7 is still in jail. 600V and DBAL soon to follow.

Does the ACF have noticeable gas mitigation?

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:54:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#21]
ACF's major feature that most overlook is the "constant motion" latch that won't bottom out when you mortar the gun, the latch will recess into the T handle, so the force impacts the T handle, not the area around the latch pin.

The gas deflection feature is what most people do notice.  In testing, we found redirection efforts are mostly wasted due to the 90 degree angle through which gas must travel, so we simply raised the fence surrounding the upper and blocked it from being shot into the shooter's face.

The over pressure build up has to go somewhere, with ACF, it's not going to the shooter's face, it'll seek the path of least resistance which is the FA hole, even down the opening where the trigger sticks out into the trigger guard.  It's brutally simple, and it works.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#22]
ACF's major feature that most overlook is the "constant motion" latch that won't bottom out when you mortar the gun, the latch will recess into the T handle, so the force impacts the T handle, not the area around the latch pin.

The gas deflection feature is what most people do notice.  In testing, we found redirection efforts are mostly wasted due to the 90 degree angle through which gas must travel, so we simply raised the fence surrounding the upper and blocked it from being shot into the shooter's face.

The over pressure build up has to go somewhere, with ACF, it's not going to the shooter's face, it'll seek the path of least resistance which is the FA hole, even down the opening where the trigger sticks out into the trigger guard.  It's brutally simple, and it works.
View Quote

“when the solution is simple”

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#23]
6315XE is 2.157" long.  Assuming 0.5" of threads, it'll add 1.657 to the barrel, enough to bring a 14.5" over 16.1".

Since all of our devices have to be timed with the center port facing 12 o'clock dead center, shims will be needed, which further adds more length to the final measurement.
View Quote

Got any teaser pics?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#24]
No frills, form follows function.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I got a couple of pairs of the FCD extended take down pins, to put in new lowers.

I have more uppers than lowers and often swap them around.

I want to see if the extended pins are any easier to push loose.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Placed an order for a bunch of stuff for a lower build build.

Takedown pins
Trigger guard
Castle nut and end plate
odds and end springs and detents

Going on a pseudo-tanodized build I'm working on for my SR15
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 3:05:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#27]
No frills, form follows function.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/Capture_JPG-2404301.JPG
View Quote

What makes this different than the regular xeno? (Besides the a2 form vs a1)
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#28]
6315 has shorter and smaller ports at 3 and 9 o'clock, more gas is being vented through the top facing ports which gives 6315 about 15 to 20% better comp performance over the A2.

No extra flash (flash suppression performance is on par with the A2), concussion and noise as penalties.

A2 and 6315 split screen 1 muted
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I was able to snag a dimple gang EWS lower, anyone else get in on it?

@Duffy, we’re these only through BTO or other dealers too?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#30]
BTO only.  We made 150 for fun, LRF will be far more available as they're being produced every month
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:

View Quote

I snagged one, praying for 069 S/N
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Haha what's with your guys' thing with 69
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:

View Quote

$500 and it won’t take a M3 pmag? Naw, I didn’t snag that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By basicAR:

$500 and it won’t take a M3 pmag? Naw, I didn’t snag that.
View Quote

If you price out all the other parts it comes with the lower really isn’t far off from most forged lower prices.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Your solid latch pins caught my eye.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:22:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Haha what's with your guys' thing with 69
View Quote

Lol, yeah I don’t really care… just figured someone had to be the dbag and ask given the low 3 digit SN count
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm sure we're still quite a ways out for FCD barrels and my assumption/hope FCD URG's and/or complete firearms, is there any plans to release tanodized/color anodized receivers or rails any time soon?
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#38]
We'd like to, but ano is such a pain in the butt, one step at a time.

We're working on barrels
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Long ago, was there a 13.X RH4 small run ?  or am I confusing another similar rail..?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#40]
9.5 and 11.5 only, we never went beyond 11.5.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Was able to swing by the LGS and pick this up today.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a fcd bolt catch and safety lever on one of my ARs. They seem well made, so I went with one of their rails for my current project. Should be here tomorrow. I'll report back
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Dimple gang…Freedom Trading has ABC/R in stock.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#44]
My URF-B v2 just showed up. I noticed that the face of the receiver where the barrel extension seats is really narrow and the width is not even around the circumference. I've seen this once before on billet uppers. Probably fine I'm sure but I'm considering sending it off to Paladin to have it trued.

Just waiting on barrel and I'll have everything for the complete upper minus an EPC
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone SBR the SOLGW / FCD lower receiver yet?

I’m wondering about all the dang NFA engraving and where to put it on such a beautiful receiver.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Will the urf v3 be available with and without the f/a like the current model? And are there any noticeable upgrades that would make me hold off snagging a v2 no F/A right now?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#47]
V3 will be with FA, and we'll make them without later
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Is there anything that makes it worth waiting for over the v2? I don't have a need for any new uppers but have a chance to grab a v2 at a real good price.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:28:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#49]
V3 and v2 are identical in functionality, it only looks a bit different because it's a newer design and not an upper derived from an existing CMT produced upper.  Aesthetics wasn't the reason for v3, we can't get enough CMT made uppers so we started our own.

It will have a relief for LMT MARS-L lower's right side bolt catch/release, easy access to rear BUIS, better accommodation for forward or rear biased ABC/R v3 (our bolt catch).
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Hey Duffy, were LRFs a one time thing?
Page / 32
Forward Controls Design (Page 15 of 32)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top