BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2021 6:13:15 PM EDT
My C7 Luth AR just shipped. Order was placed early this month from OP. They weren't expected to ship until September. Just got tracking today.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Tough crowd
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#2]
LINK

Cross your fingers......
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LINK

Cross your fingers......
View Quote

Ouch. Looks like I might be taking one for the team whether willing or not

I will report back and show pictures, should be here at the end of this week.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like im in the same boat, just got my tracking number yesterday.

Will post pics also...
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#5]
@Tigwelder1971

Everything looks good so far...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#7]
OP you just cost me $140…. I despise Optics Planet but they allegedly have these in stock still and with C7 uppers it’s feast or famine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OP you just cost me $140…. I despise Optics Planet but they allegedly have these in stock still and with C7 uppers it’s feast or famine.
View Quote

About time I was able to pay some of it back for what you all have costed me

If you haven't ordered it yet, let me know if you could use a 15% off code.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

About time I was able to pay some of it back for what you all have costed me

If you haven't ordered it yet, let me know if you could use a 15% off code.
View Quote

Damn too late… did get free 2nd day air though.

For those looking Amherst still has GI rear sights on gunbroker https://www.gunbroker.com/item/906863256
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I was like cool it'll be a good build, then hit the link and wanted to cry for OP.

After seeing his looks legit, excited to see pics.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#11]
So close!  I’m looking for a C7 upper without M4 feed ramps.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So close!  I'm looking for a C7 upper without M4 feed ramps.
View Quote
Samesies.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Mine looks good and went together easy. Couple very minor dings in the anodizing at the edge of the receiver just below the ejection port but it overall looks nicer than a new Colt does I used an A2 aperture. It won’t be retro since it’ll have a 16” Aero middy barrel and Cav C8 handguards
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I've bought a few of these A1 slick sides from Garrison Manufacturing.  Would these be something you're looking for?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/907332908
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#15]
JSE SURPLUS

4 available/in stock.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Not any more.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not any more.
View Quote

Yeah, I knew it'd be short lived.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered one from JSE. Guess I'll have to use a barrel with feed ramps.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I just got in one from JSE Surplus. Same as yours. I can't find any blemishes or machining problems. I didn't want one with M4 feedramps, but at this point I'll take what I can get.

OP has assembled C7s sans M4 feedramps for $180.

Optics Planet
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Apparently not anymore.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#21]
It's still there.  You have to search the website.  I tried to link it but, the connection gets lost.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#22]
These look rather nice.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I just got in one from JSE Surplus. Same as yours. I can't find any blemishes or machining problems. I didn't want one with M4 feedramps, but at this point I'll take what I can get.

OP has assembled C7s sans M4 feedramps for $180.

Optics Planet
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up!  Last time I checked Optics Planet, they were out of stock.

With this upper, I’ll have one of each of the 20” variants:  A1, A2, C7, A4 with A2 handguards, and A4 with RAS.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Just received my upper from Optics Planet looks just like DoubleARon's photos, the Carry handle channel is good to go, both my ARMS mounts drop in no problem, and the sight ears are symmetrical. excited to finally have a C7 receiver, I had previously purchased 2 Windham C7 uppers but had to return them as they were mis-machined.
The gap between the upper and lower, at the back is on the larger side on some receivers but not anything particularly out of the ordinary for forged upper/lower fit. Satisfied enough I already ordered another.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like Luth-Ar unloaded the off center uppers on Davidson Defense.

For those not familiar, DD is one of those outfits al- la Drasen, Nesard, M-A Parts, Model 1, Hesse, Blackthorne, etc...

Includes: Davidson Defense, Delta Team Tactical, Omega Manufacturing, MMC Armory, Omega Tactical Distribution, and probably more I haven't figured out yet.

They buy crap/rejects/overruns and sell it under their own proprietary 'brands'.

I ordered a Leatherwood Scope from MMC Armory before I realized they were kin.  The scope was missing all the accessories advertised and after endless emails back and forth I would up with 'store credit'.  Great.

Back to subject. Using the 'store credit' I bought an A1 no-bump upper that's forge marked NDS and the carry handle channel milled off-center just like the Luth-Ar's in the other thread.

They have C7 uppers also with the splintered 'A' forge mark also bring sold as Davidson Def.

Caveat Emptor.

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks like Luth-Ar unloaded the off center uppers on Davidson Defense.

For those not familiar, DD is one of those outfits al- la Drasen, Nesard, M-A Parts, Model 1, Hesse, Blackthorne, etc...

Includes: Davidson Defense, Delta Team Tactical, Omega Manufacturing, MMC Armory, Omega Tactical Distribution, and probably more I haven't figured out yet.

They buy crap/rejects/overruns and sell it under their own proprietary 'brands'.

I ordered a Leatherwood Scope from MMC Armory before I realized they were kin.  The scope was missing all the accessories advertised and after endless emails back and forth I would up with 'store credit'.  Great.

Back to subject. Using the 'store credit' I bought an A1 no-bump upper that's forge marked NDS and the carry handle channel milled off-center just like the Luth-Ar's in the other thread.

They have C7 uppers also with the splintered 'A' forge mark also bring sold as Davidson Def.

Caveat Emptor.

View Quote

Had no idea that MMC Armory and these shitheads had a link.

Thanks for the heads up on that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

The emails from MMC, shipping notifications etc... actually come from a Delta Team Tactical email address.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The emails from MMC, shipping notifications etc... actually come from a Delta Team Tactical email address.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again,  thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 1:25:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Has anyone else tried to build out these Luth AR C7 uppers yet? I tried, keyword "tried" to install a NOS rear sight assembly to no avail. Seems the cut for the sight flat spring is wacky, I tried using a NOS flat spring, Colt, and a DPMS one I had in inventory and none of them would allow installation of the rear sight.
At one point I managed to get the sight screw all the way across but the tension on the aperture was so great theres no way to flip to the other aperture. looks like the cut front to back for the sight flat spring is short so the flat spring can not adequately spread/flatten out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 3:26:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Has anyone else tried to build out these Luth AR C7 uppers yet? I tried, keyword "tried" to install a NOS rear sight assembly to no avail. Seems the cut for the sight flat spring is wacky, I tried using a NOS flat spring, Colt, and a DPMS one I had in inventory and none of them would allow installation of the rear sight.
At one point I managed to get the sight screw all the way across but the tension on the aperture was so great theres no way to flip to the other aperture. looks like the cut front to back for the sight flat spring is short so the flat spring can not adequately spread/flatten out.
View Quote

I'm still waiting on an A1 rear sight parts kit that's on BO before I can do such a thing.

I have a Colt A1 upper I can try to compare with.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hmm… I had a similar issue with the C7 that I got last year from Brownell’s. At the time I chalked it up to a defective spring because I was able to fit the sight after a swap, but it could well be that the pocket was the real problem.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm still waiting on an A1 rear sight parts kit that's on BO before I can do such a thing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rear sight kit just shipped, I should have a comparison soon.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#34]
I've had the spring issue described above a couple times before.

Once with an unidentified C7 style upper from Sarco, brand new ( about 15 yrs ago) and another C7 from Fulton Armory about 10 yrs ago.

The Fulton I still have and the sight is tight as Fk.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Primary Arms has the rear sight kits in stock.

https://www.primaryarms.com/luth-ar-a1-rear-sight-assembly
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Primary Arms has the rear sight kits in stock.

https://www.primaryarms.com/luth-ar-a1-rear-sight-assembly
View Quote

12% off everything through today (8/22/21) with code SAVE12.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Meanwhile I'm still in limbo while waiting for my sight parts kit to actually show up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Try Amherst Depot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks - took the plunge.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I had zero issues other than that damn roll pin, with the rear sight install.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hmm… I had a similar issue with the C7 that I got last year from Brownell’s. At the time I chalked it up to a defective spring because I was able to fit the sight after a swap, but it could well be that the pocket was the real problem.
View Quote

The spring is stiff, but it dropped perfectly in but needs retard strength to assemble.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Our corporate overlords has the A1 sight assembly in stock now.

Get Brownelled here!
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The spring is stiff, but it dropped perfectly in but needs retard strength to assemble.
View Quote

Yeah it was a real pita. It’s loosening up now after adding some oil and flipping between apertures.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Still unshipped.

#opticsplanet ??
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Still unshipped.

#opticsplanet ??
View Quote

They cancelled my order.  Said that the non feed ramp uppers were never going to be back in stock.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#46]
I got one, thanks for the thread !!
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I got one, thanks for the thread !!
View Quote

Most welcome!

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Got mine assembled, and the rear sight was as difficult as they're saying, but it functions fine once assembled. Otherwise upper looks great. Pretty snug on the barrel extension in a good way too. Not thermofit snug, but no slop.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Got mine assembled, and the rear sight was as difficult as they're saying, but it functions fine once assembled. Otherwise upper looks great. Pretty snug on the barrel extension in a good way too. Not thermofit snug, but no slop.
View Quote

I remember that the rear sight was very difficult to install on a Brownells A1 upper I put together a few years ago, so it's not just an issue related to Luth-AR's C7 uppers.

I have 4 more Brownells A1, slick-side and C7 uppers to put together and I expect a fight to install the rear sight on all of them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I remember that the rear sight was very difficult to install on a Brownells A1 upper I put together a few years ago, so it's not just an issue related to Luth-AR's C7 uppers.

I have 4 more Brownells A1, slick-side and C7 uppers to put together and I expect a fight to install the rear sight on all of them.
View Quote

What are you having difficulty with on the rear sight install?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top