Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2021 10:00:54 PM EDT
Brand new product that I haven’t heard anything about.  I ordered one anyway and am very happy with it.  Easy adjustment and I like the minimalist look better than the SBA4 that it replaced.  Works on standard mil spec buffer tube.

Specs-  PSA 10.5 FN CHF Premium upper, PSA Premium BCG, S&W Lower, CMMG Mil Spec trigger kit, Forged MIL take off carry handle.

Pistol is awesome.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
nooooooiice, i for one love our new brace overlords.  dont know why the haters and boot lickers always have to cry about them" taking it away eventually "  its like $40.  big whoop.  or dont give it away!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm.  Tool-less adjustment?  About time.  And QD socket.  I might be seeing one of these in my future.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks cool. How does it feel?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks cool. How does it feel?
View Quote

It feels like a pretty tough piece of polymer type plastic.  Up against the shoulder it feels just fine like any shockwave blade.  Recoil is nothing on these things anyway.

I like it alot better than the SBA4 it had.  It gives the pistol a much more CAR feel to it.  

All you have to do to adjust and extend it is pull down on those things on both sides.  They are made of metal and the spring that pushes them up is pretty positive.

Black is the only color right now but OD and FDE are coming.  

Patrick
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks nice. How is the fit to the tube?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks nice. How is the fit to the tube?
View Quote

Really fits well.  Not so snug it gets stuck but tight enough there is no rattle.  At least on this tube.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Would be more interested if KAK didn't use brittle ass plastic that splinters if you look at it wrong

When is Magpul ever going to start shipping their braces?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Would be more interested if KAK didn't use brittle ass plastic that splinters if you look at it wrong

When is Magpul ever going to start shipping their braces?
View Quote

@Fowty

???  This is the first time I've read about KAK blade polymer splintering.
Details, please?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered 3 of them and built a lower tonight to try one on.

I can't decide whether to put the dedicated Hahn block into it to try vs the SBX brace or what I want to do with it exactly.

One of them will be going on the wife's Scorpion Evo though rather than the current SBX for the adjustability.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@Fowty

???  This is the first time I've read about KAK blade polymer splintering.
Details, please?
View Quote

A couple of years ago I cracked the tube on one by over tightening socket screw and I really didn't tighten it excessively, kak replaced it no questions asked.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A couple of years ago I cracked the tube on one by over tightening socket screw and I really didn't tighten it excessively, kak replaced it no questions asked.
View Quote
Thanks for the info.  I have three Blade 1.0s (1 each Black, FDE, and OD Green), and have reefed on my screws pretty hard with no issues.  I wonder if they had a bad batch or something.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:34:43 AM EDT
[#12]
sweet looking pistol!
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I got 3 of them yesterday and am trying to return them.

The slot that the tab rides in to change position is much wider than the tab and the brace is extremely sloppy front to back on the tube because of it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:12:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The slot that the tab rides in to change position is much wider than the tab and the brace is extremely sloppy front to back on the tube because of it.
View Quote

That is not how mine fits at all.  Mine is tight and snug and snaps in place just perfect.  Something ain’t right.  Not sure what it is but I am way happy with mine.  

Patrick
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you try it on another tube, just to see?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I got mine yesterday and tried it on two different mil spec tubes.  Nice and tight.  Very little movement.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  Tried 2 of them on multiple guns with a mix of Aero and BCM receiver extensions.

They both will slide 3/16" forward and backwards on the tube.

I sent a n email to Shockwave a couple days ago.  We'll see if they reply.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered the "Classic" and should arrive tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#19]
oh, I will definitely be a purchaser when the FDE arrives.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Weapon not in safe.  FAIL.

Good looking gun, ber it balances well.  New offering from KAK sounds excellent.  I like my old school KAK blade very much, this one might be even better.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:05:45 AM EDT
[#21]
ordered
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:48:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:19:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Good looking gun, ber it balances well.  New offering from KAK sounds excellent.  I like my old school KAK blade very much, this one might be even better.
View Quote

Eabodf
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

ARs will only switch to ''safe'' when the hammer is cocked. We don't know if the OP's gun is charged or has a round in the chamber, most likely it's not.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
blackhawkdownthisismysafety.jpg
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

removed
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cannot put an AR on safe unless the hammer is cocked.  If the hammer is down, no reason to have safety engaged.  Talk about FAIL...
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Well I bought the Stealth and the Classic.
Compact, light weight, and works great!

Dave N
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Other than the QD point on the brace...Is this any better than the Shockwave Blade 2M?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Thank you OP, with this new design from KAK, my XM177E2-clone looks much closer without having to pay $200.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thank you OP, with this new design from KAK, my XM177E2-clone looks much closer without having to pay $200.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27381/XM177_jpg-1863650.JPG
View Quote

Very Nice!!! Would like to find a faux moderator like yours.  Can't seem to locate any.

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yup.  Tried 2 of them on multiple guns with a mix of Aero and BCM receiver extensions.

They both will slide 3/16" forward and backwards on the tube.

I sent a n email to Shockwave a couple days ago.  We'll see if they reply.

View Quote

Did you ever get a response and if so, what?
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for this info OP. Just ordered two. All my buffer tubes are MilSpec and I get tired of SB Tactical and others asking crazy amounts of money for flimsy, plastic. SBR'd my Scorpion and may eventually do same with 3 or 4 other PCC's and a few .556 AR pistols , so I can run a proper stock.

In the meantime, I'll happily part with $45 for one of these.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thanks for this info OP. Just ordered two. All my buffer tubes are MilSpec and I get tired of SB Tactical and others asking crazy amounts of money for flimsy, plastic. SBR'd my Scorpion and may eventually do same with 3 or 4 other PCC's and a few .556 AR pistols , so I can run a proper stock.

In the meantime, I'll happily part with $45 for one of these.
View Quote

Good to hear.  I much prefer it to the SBA4 it had before.  

Patrick
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Disguised weapon case in 1st pic = SUCCESS
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27381/XM177_jpg-1863650.JPG

Bravo5two,
Looks nice

Got my KAK stealth in today, took off the original style Shockwave brace and added this to my 609A4gery. Picked up the faux moderator last year from Brownells.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top