Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/19/2020 2:19:08 PM EDT
Does the hive have any experience with foliage green Pmags that can speak to their durability?  I ask because I have quite a few and they are still in their wrappers.  I primarily use USGI type Okay/Surefeeds, Labelle/D&H and a few gen M2 black pmags.  I have held on to the foliage green mags because they are no longer made and digging through some of my magazine stash I discovered them and wondered about their durability compared to black pmags and the newer M3's.  Any feed back is welcome. Edited spelling.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul statement here.....

Attachment Attached File

That being said, I haven't had any issues with the handful that I have. And I don't use them as often as other mags.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magpul statement here.....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20190510-185843-940974_png-1467929.JPG

That being said, I haven't had any issues with the handful that I have. And I don't use them as often as other mags.
View Quote

Thank you Sir.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't they stop making them in that color?  If so I'd try to keep a couple in the original packaging if it still is, might be worth a bit in a few  years.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a foliage rear mbus that cracked, I keep forgetting to send it to magpul for replacement. Never had that happen with black
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I've only broken 2 PMAGs. One was foliage, the other was rattle canned and I dont remember its original color.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Want to sell a few of them?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all of the feed back.  It sounds as if they aren't as durable as the black pmags.  I am going to hang onto them and see what the future holds for them seeing how they aren't made anymore.  I am going to buy a dozen black gen M2 pmags once they are back in stock to have on hand.  I have no experience with the M3 pmags and seeing how I primarily use USGI aluminum mags (I cut my teeth on these in the .mil) switching over to polymer magazines isn't an easy thing for this old Devil Dog.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive had fg mags for years not one issue

Edit: also my favorite pmag color
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I have some that I have used for years  with no problem.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I use the FG pmags for my 300 build
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Some years back I read an article that Lancer said their strongest mags were the clear ones & the opaque was the weaker of the materials.  I don't remember if they mentioned any differences in strength from color to color, just that the clear were stronger than the opaque.  It seems strange that an opaque magazine would be stronger just off color, especially in the same brand.  I would've thought it was the same polymer, just different pigments added.  There must be something happening at the molecular level when adding the different pigments to the batch of goo they are cooking.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#12]
This one had never been used or barely if at all...  I loaded it and sent the bolt forward, it sheared the feedlip off.

MagPul replaced it with a black mag.

Link Posted: 6/28/2020 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

PM sent.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

PM sent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM sent.

We have an EE section for this.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I Wonder if they will replace with black or how they will do that for you? I’m curious as I have been hunting for a foliage rear for like 3 years with no luck.  I keep looking though... someday one will pop up
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a foliage rear mbus that cracked, I keep forgetting to send it to magpul for replacement. Never had that happen with black
View Quote

My previous post in response to this, yes I realize this post is 2 months old
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ive had fg mags for years not one issue

Edit: also my favorite pmag color
View Quote

Same. I cant find anything wrong with them and they have been dropped and stepped on. But, reports of reliability is also why I got several sand pmags and an assortment of green dyes to try and get the same shade
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I had a bunch of foliage and fde pmags back in the day and they all had feedlip spread and body swell after about a year of pretty hard use.

I never cracked a pmag but I’ve seen enough that I don’t even really use ‘em anymore.  

Saw a bunch of cracked foliage and fde pmags.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:30:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Been running eight (8) of them for 4 years for duty use.   Dropped em at the range, beat up from daily movement and from -05 to 105 temp.   Still working and I don't even like PMags....
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#20]
i bought 4 foliage green Pmags years ago and they work fine. I used them for range use for years. I gave them to my work colleague since he bought an AR a few years ago and he only had 3 magazines total at the time.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top