Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2021 7:38:11 PM EDT

Has anyone else used one of these? Are they any good?

AR FOLDING STOCK ADAPTER GEN 3-M
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of people like the LAW folders and swear by them. An AR with a law folder will not cycle with the stock folded, though - in case you didn't know.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t think this one will fire folded either...might be handy. How hard are they to install?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#3]
what am I looking at?

no link or picture...
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Assuming you are talking about the LAW Tactical folder version 3, then yes its very much GTG.

If your talking about one of those chinese communist $90 dollar folders that they manufacture for $20, then no, they are garbage and trash.

Side note: There have been at least 4 or 5 of these threads in the past 2 weeks. Are the chicoms advertising like crazy or something?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Assuming you are talking about the LAW Tactical folder version 3, then yes its very much GTG.

If your talking about one of those chinese communist $90 dollar folders that they manufacture for $20, then no, they are garbage and trash.

Side note: There have been at least 4 or 5 of these threads in the past 2 weeks. Are the chicoms advertising like crazy or something?
View Quote
Yes, on social media.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
One of these...sorry about that.   https://www.lawtactical.com/ar_folding_stock_adapter_gen_3_m_p/99312.htm

And yes on social media...did not know that these existed....
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One of these...sorry about that.   https://www.lawtactical.com/ar_folding_stock_adapter_gen_3_m_p/99312.htm

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

yes very much good to go. LAW is the original and they hold the patent. it makes my blood boil seeing the blatant intellectual property theft from the chicoms on these folders, and then they have the audacity to say "made for america" in the their product descriptions.

Quoted:
Yes, on social media.

my social media advertisements are still on "reusable oil filters"

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree with the above, LAW Tactical is the original and the best iteration of the folding stock for AR-15 imo. I have seen quite a few of the imitations that have cracked on the hinge part due to inferior materials. The LAW is quite pricey but well worth it in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lots of people like the LAW folders and swear by them. An AR with a law folder will not cycle with the stock folded, though - in case you didn't know.
View Quote

Weird. Mine cycles while folded
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it hard to install?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah, yeah @RDTCU 's would, too. And 22 conversions will work just fine. And I'm sure there are some folks with them installed on a Para TTR or ZM LR300 or OA93 or similar - however:

*most* ARs will not cycle as a semi auto while it is folded...
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is it hard to install?
View Quote

No harder than replacing the existing stock with any other stock. Stock off, adapter on, Bob's your uncle.
Install: Law Tactical Folding Stock Adapter Gen-3
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

yeah, yeah @RDTCU 's would, too. And 22 conversions will work just fine. And I'm sure there are some folks with them installed on a Para TTR or ZM LR300 or OA93 or similar - however:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just buy LAW's BCG that goes with it. drop-in easy.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:10:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just buy LAW's BCG that goes with it. drop-in easy.
View Quote

Still vaporware, no?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You’re claiming you have one?

It’s been listed on Law Tactical’s website as “coming soon” FOR OVER TWO YEARS!!!. worst case of vapor ware I’ve ever seen!
View Quote

Nowhere close ??
VLTOR Bren10
LWRC SMG45
Etc
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#17]
The Law folders may be a brick, but they're built like a tank for a very good reason. Buy with confidence. I traded mine because the weight was too much. My rifle was made to be slung and be a do all, the LT folder I suspect was made for those that aren't planning to sling their rifles if much at all and carried discretely, or stored to be handy with limited space in a vehicle or a boat.

I want to order from these folks, but am waiting to see if they ever start shipping: https://www.evolutionweaponsystems.com/
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It’s been listed on Law Tactical’s website as “coming soon” FOR OVER TWO YEARS!!!. worst case of vapor ware I’ve ever seen!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Still vaporware, no?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still vaporware, no?

As the song goes, "...yeah I got friends in LOW places"

Yes, I have one. I unfortunately cannot visually backup that claim due to being in Japan for now, but I have no reason to lie. It's an interesting device and i'm not quite sure how much I'd want it in my main "go to" rifle. I keep a real BCG in my case when I go to the range just in case.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top