Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2020 1:18:45 AM EDT
I've got a 11.5" A2 safe queen and have had a hard time finding a quality rifle bag with a nice soft fleece or flannel type lining.

Something in the 34-40" OAL would be ideal and tall enough to accommodate the fixed A2 upper.

Everything I'm finding is your typical tactical nylon which is fine for a working rig, but for this I would like something a little more Gucci.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Separate sock for the weapon made from fleece jammies. Dollar General in whatever they have, cut up the middle and you get two. Or a yard from the local fabric shop, which gets pricey.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you looked at Hogue? Their rifle bags have a quilted suede lining. I really like the bags, but the price is a little high for most of my rifles.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea Hogue even made bags.

They are pricey, but I was able to snatch one up in XS from Optics Planet for a fair price.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#4]
First Spear has the gucci
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 1:58:22 AM EDT
[#5]
A regular nylon is not going to harm your AR, safe queen or not. It is not possible because... well... physics. Closed cell foam padding will protect it. Strapping it down will protect it even more. Kydex sheeting will protect it even more. That makes a SERT case the most protective soft AR case you can buy. Plus, it will still look barely used in 10 years. I have 5 of them, two 30" cases, a 36" case, a 42" case, and a 46" case. There is no better soft case made. A First Spear is like an inferior copy of a SERT with weaker materials and contruction for more money and no free molle mag pouches and less color and size options.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top