Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2018 1:50:51 PM EDT
I am posting this just because I didn't really get into guns until I moved to Florida a year ago, Massachusetts is damn near impossible to own a gun. I Build this my myself, with of course help from you fine people and youtube, and i am very happy with the way it turned out. The last piece i am getting for this is the SBM4 brace. Here is what i got now.

Full Parts List:

Areo Upper w/out Forward Assist

Ruger 556 Lower

Parallax Tactical Super Slim FFSSR 11.5" Gen 3 M-LOK Handguard

Toolcraft Nickel Boron Bolt Carrier Group

Strike Industries Extended Latch Charging Handle

LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger (4 weeks to receive it on "back order")

V Seven Titanium Takedown/Mag Catch/Trigger/Hammer Pins

Radian Talon Ambi 45/90 Safety Selector

Tyrant Designs LWP GRIP (GREY)

Faxon Firearms Low Profile Gas Block 3 Screw .625

Faxon Firearms AR-15 5.56 Nato Pencil Barrel QPQ - 10.5

Noveske KX5 Flaming Pig

Holosun Paralow HS503GU

Phase 5 Hex-2 BUFFER TUBE

Link Posted: 7/12/2018 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice pistol! Have you shot it yet?
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#2]
This weekend. I feel like a kid on christmas
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
You appear to own an AR stock and companion buffer tube, and AR pistol w/ a sub-16" bbl.  If that is your only AR, and you have no 16" AR bbl on hand, I suggest you give your stock to a friend, buy a 2nd stripped lower, get an AR stock adapter for a rifle or shotgun you already own, or get a 16" or longer AR bbl.

At the moment, you seem you have a collection of gun parts that can only be assembled in an illegal configuration.  Even though you have built a perfectly legal AR pistol, you never know when the cops are going to get the wrong address on a warrant.

ETA:  Welcome to ARFCOM.  Got any Legos?
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes i am aware and thank you for the heads up. I do have a ar15 rifle with a 16in barrel. That Stock is for the rifle. I almost didn't even post that pic because i didn't want it getting misinterpreted. Since that picture was taken the stock has a new home.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice build!  How do you like the Tyrant grip?
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  Yes i am aware and thank you for the heads up. I do have a ar15 rifle with a 16in barrel. That Stock is for the rifle. I almost didn't even post that pic because i didn't want it getting misinterpreted. Since that picture was taken the stock has a new home.
View Quote
There ya go.  Welcome to a semi-free state.

You don't have to have a rifle or shotgun for every stock you have - you just need A legal combination in which you can assemble the stock.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like a winner.  I haven't seen that grip.  How do you like it?
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice build! But the grip seems a little off
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 2:48:11 AM EDT
[#9]
That grip is bad ass, going to get one for my 9mm build. Cheaped out and got a $10 MFT on sale.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I love the Grip. Lightweight and feels great (Remember my opinion is one of a relatively newer shooter, 1 year).  Took it shooting yesterday and after about an hour of the gun not cycling properly and some tweaking, she was off to the races!

Here she is with the brace

Link Posted: 7/15/2018 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#11]
i really dig the titanium lower parts. looks great man. how do you like the flaming pig? have you used it yet?
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
i really dig the titanium lower parts. looks great man. how do you like the flaming pig? have you used it yet?
View Quote
Thank you i like them as well the pics just don't do it justice tho. The flaming pig definitely helps with the flash and the gases, even on my ar rifle w/16in barrel the gas can be alot. On the pistol it really seems to push a lot of that forward. IDK if it was worth the 125 price tag but it does do what it is supposed to do and im happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Great work man!

That is a first build to be proud of.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice looking first build. Now the addiction kicks in
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#15]
nice for a first build! my advice is to bump up your buffer weight and just unload at the range.

I PERSONALLY am not a fan of that grip, but it's your gun and whatever floats you boat.

just be warned, ARs are like pringles. You don't ever stop at just one
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice looking first build. Now the addiction kicks in
View Quote
SO TRUE! I'm already planning my next.. and ak build... is there a anonymous support group for this?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

SO TRUE! I'm already planning my next.. and ak build... is there a anonymous support group for this?
View Quote
Yep.  Go here.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top