Spikes BCG
Spikes pistol gas tube.
Ballistic Advantage 7.5" Barrel with pinned LP Gasblock
Novekse KX5
Geissele MK 8 9.5" MLOK rail
Magpul AVG MLOK
Magpul BUIS

Questions

The timing is off on the KX5 by 180 degrees using the crush washer. The pig started at the 10 o'clock then tightens with the crush washer left it at 3 (upside down pig!)

So I am thinking about ditching the crush washer and using shims? Do they make  nitride/melonite shims? Having trouble finding some. Would like your thoughts.

Now for safety testing. The lower functions as intended per the fostech function check video.

Upper and lower mate like a dream. Going to test basic function with some zoom caps and check head space. Anything else I should do?

Thanks all, it was a fun process. Spent more than I would have liked, and holding out for a DDM4 PDW would have been easier. But I've learned alot, and don't have to search and overpay for 300 BLK ammo. (Have 5.56 ammo already)

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The timing is off on the KX5 by 180 degrees using the crush washer. The pig started at the 10 o'clock then tightens with the crush washer left it at 3 (upside down pig!)
View Quote

A Crush washer should give you at least 1 to 1-1/4 full turns from hand tight, which should have gotten you tight at TDC somewhere in that range.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey nice build! I have had crush washers that sit down in the crown of Hanson barrels and not get more than a half to 3/4 of a turn. I would try a JP double crush washer. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Does the KX5 have to be timed to work properly or is that just for cosmetics? Mine appear to be the same internally all the way around.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey nice build! I have had crush washers that sit down in the crown of Hanson barrels and not get more than a half to 3/4 of a turn. I would try a JP double crush washer. Hope this helps.
View Quote

Just want to say thanks. Bought the jp double crush washer based on your recommendation. It did the trick. It allowed enough rotation for correct timing.. Now my pig can flame away.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, onto to build #2 now.

Gotta build more !!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top