Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/3/2018 8:05:21 PM EDT
Need help choosing barrel for this build.  This is my first rifle build.  I've waited about 15 years and finally took the plunge.

Use: Training, Home Defense, SHTF

Stock: Magpul
Buffer: Primary Arms Tube, Geissele Super 42
grip: Magpul MOEk2
Lower: American Defense MFG Abmi Billet
Safety: Radian Talon Ambi
Trigger: Geissele SD-C
BCG: Lantac NB
Upper: American Defense MFG Billet
Charging Handle: Raptor
Handguard: Geissele MK13
Light: Surefire 600DF, Larue Offset Mount, cloud defensive mount with pressure switch

Still to purchase
Back up sights: probably magpul offset
Optics: Eotech w/ magnifier
sling
front hand stop

My thought was Rosco Mfg 16" .223 wylde midlength with a Surefire Warcomp.
I've seen a lot of threads bashing sub $200.00 barrels for a build like this though...

I've heard GREAT things about Rosco barrels so wanting everyone's opinion how they would finish this build. I don't have a budget, but not interested in a top top barrel for match accuracy or anything.  Just a great barrel for a great gun that will be reliable for heavy duty training.   I know everyone recommends DD chrome lined, but is Rosco really that sub par in comparison?

Link Posted: 11/3/2018 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
For shtf I’d go chf and a t2, dd,fnh or noveske on the barrel. Not saying others aren’t as good or last as long but the piece of mind is what makes my mind up.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Big +1 on a daniel defense CHF barrel.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
For the buis check out kac micro, little pricey but they are nice!! Rifle looks good btw.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Noveske LSLP- Noveske.com
Colt FBI HRT- SharkArms.com
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#5]
+2 on a Daniel Defense CHF barrel.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a $225 LaRue barrel and be done with it. It will shoot great and last you just fine. After you've spent the $5-6000+ in ammo it will take to shoot it out another $225 to replace it ain't nothing. It ain't rocket surgery.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top