Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2018 11:06:34 PM EDT
I have been shooting 55gr Frontier 5.56.    The recent horror stories and 1 bad primer from my in gun got me looking elsewhere.  I got some Wolf Gold in yesterday.   What sort of POI change might I expect?  Any noticeable?  I have been happy with accuracy with the Frontier and of course my sights are set for it.  Will I notice a difference?  Gun is a M&P sport II optics ready with no real functional changes.  Just a Colt H1 buffer and furniture
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Only way to know is to shoot it on paper. Wolf Gold is fine ammo. Point of impact from your barrel and sight configuration can only be told from actual firing on target. Have fun.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
yep what he ^^ said

fine ammo and all
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#3]
It's good.  You have to shoot it though.  Every gun shoots a little different, even by the same mfg within the same line.  Hell, even one barrel reamed right after another from the same piece of steel will shoot a little different if you are paying close enough attention.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#4]
POI change from one brand of 55 FMJ to another is nominally going to be very little if any; however, barrel whip and recoil behavior between different guns can result in that muzzle being in a different spot than the next gun, and can result in more POI change than you thought.

At a guess, your current zero should still be pretty good; but don't bank on that at, until you test fire a few rounds.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Not my usual shooting ammo, but Wolf Gold is acceptable to me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:42:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Who actually made it? I'm sure that you know by now that Wolf is just an importer who slaps their name on ammo.
Wolf Gold is the same. It's been made by Prvi Partisan, it's been made in Taiwan, it's been made by a number of other makers. Given this there is no way anyone can tell you what your specific round will do.
It's like asking how fast will my Ford/Chevy/Dodge do a 1/4 mile. Even if you say Mustang/Camaro/Challenger... 4 cylinder or 8? 1968 or 2018? Too many variables for anyone to do anything but make up a wild guess that is going to only be accurate compared to guessing the winning lottery numbers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Wolf Gold is made in Taiwan. Very good FMJ ammo. It is the 2nd most accurate FMJ ammo that I have (Geco 223 55FMJ is best). It is slightly slower than typical XM193 from Federal, Win, Frontier etc. but more consistently accurate.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top