Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 35 of 45)
Page / 45
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Lhotse, everything about that post is awesome!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JWilliamG:
Lhotse, everything about that post is awesome!
View Quote
Thanks, man! Everything about that trip was fun.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok i want one now.   Whats the cheapest place for a lower?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#4]
Originally Posted By MRW:
I sincerely dig the looks of this

https://i.imgur.com/99MWUVU.jpg
View Quote
Needs a drum magazine

Attachment Attached File

Would look something like a modern day PPSH.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#5]
This rifle seems hard to find for a good price
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:24:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lhotse] [#6]
Originally Posted By Lhotse:
So many pictures of pretty rifles! Here's my old girl after three days hunting in the Adirondacks.   It was pretty cold at night but warmed up into the 20s in the day at times, making for some softer snow. We bushwhacked, hunting all day and shared a tent at night. She ran flawlessly except on the final night after a long, snowy hike out through really dense scrub and forest, the mag release froze enough that I had to bang it pretty solidly to drop the mag.

SCR
Gibbz side charging upper
18" Lilja barrel in 6.5 Grendel
Geiselle Mk something
SWFA LPVO 1-6 FFP (I really like this scope for its true 1X, daylight visible illumination, and FFP. Also, it's a nice, bright piece of glass.)

View Quote
Also, I found the side charger to be much easier to use with mittens and heavy gloves. If the SCR took Geisselle triggers, it might be the perfect hunting rifle.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By myhatinthering:
What's the cheapest place for a lower?
View Quote
Generally speaking, private party is gonna be the cheapest if you can find one.  They can be found on Armslist for around $500.
I'm not sure what distributors are pricing them at but you could always call around (FightLite Distributors)
And if you're just too impatient like I was, fork out the dough and buy directly from FightLite.

You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By myhatinthering:
Ok i want one now.   Whats the cheapest place for a lower?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#9]
lol...true

I'm sure someone will mimic it soon enough
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
Needs a drum magazine...
View Quote
Magpul D-60.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:46:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#11]
So Jesse James got a license to make his clone?

Last I heard the flightlite guys discovered his efforts at shotshow

Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:38:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moses06] [#12]
Thanks for the feedback on the trigger pins. Picked up some generic $11 pins off ebay, fit great and actually make the trigger a little bit smoother. Along with KAK spring its much better than before. Certainly nothing precision oriented but it will work for now. Just need to choose an optic and she'll be done. Prob pick up a used swfa or something.

SCR Monte Carlo Lower
Aero Enhanced Upper w/Gen2 15" rail
Bear Creek 20" rifle length gas - cost me $56 bucks lol. Heavy A F.
Wojtek adjustable gas block

Had to go non threaded barrel to use detachable mag in NY. Didn't want to go the fixed route for this build. Honestly, i'll probably go for a 18" or 16" recce style upper eventually. Hard to find nice non threaded barrels and getting a thread protector welded on isn't cheap around me.

Link Posted: 12/8/2018 5:53:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#13]
If you have no other options.

BCA Barrels are serviceable if you end up recrowning it(if needed)/deburring any defects in the chamber/feed ramps.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:24:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JWilliamG] [#14]
I ended up buying a BCA barrel for my build as well.  It looks great and any company that can guarantee 1 MOA barrels for $40 has my business, provided they  perform.  I will be having the profile shaved down to lighten it and re-crown it too.

The gun will only sport iron sights, so it will be more accurate than I will be able to shoot with it anyhow.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 3:09:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goblue64LBZ] [#15]
Just a heads up for y'all on FB I created a group specifically for the SCR/Raider platform. It's called Fightlite SCR/Raider Discussion Forum.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/531182997389516/
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:04:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#16]
Did I miss a post about these?  Fightlight rail-mount sights ...

Shown at NASGW?

One of the most frequent product requests that we receive is backup iron sights for our SCR rifles and pistols. So here they are, flush mount for the perfect check weld and eye relief, and fully adjustable for windage and elevation! Mounts to any MIL-STD 1913 Picatinny rail. See the complete line of FightLite products next week at NASGW!
View Quote
Given how few of the original Ares sights (gas block mounted front) made it into the wild, I'm not holding my breath.  Still, interesting ...
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd buy those in 1/2 a second.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Definitely must have on an SCR!
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey Moses06,

What is this KAK spring you speak of?  Would you care to offer any insight?  Thanks!

Originally Posted By Moses06:
Thanks for the feedback on the trigger pins. Picked up some generic $11 pins off ebay, fit great and actually make the trigger a little bit smoother. Along with KAK spring its much better than before. Certainly nothing precision oriented but it will work for now. Just need to choose an optic and she'll be done. Prob pick up a used swfa or something.
View Quote
backtrack9
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By backtrack9:
Hey Moses06,

What is this KAK spring you speak of?  Would you care to offer any insight?  Thanks!
View Quote
The SCR lower uses the AR hammer spring, so many owners swap in different versions.  I have a JP Reduced Power one in each of mine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By backtrack9:
Hey Moses06,

backtrack9
View Quote
As CarpNY said mentioned above. I used the KAK spring because it was cheaper on ebay, that's all. Cant go wrong with JP though. :)
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:59:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#22]
Thanks to Black Friday, I give you ...

The URG-I-NY:
Attachment Attached File

(Edit: fixed the white balance.  Original pic)

Geissele 13.5" MK16 - DDC
Geissele ACH - DDC
Geissele SPM - HPR "NM" (short) - DDC
Vortex Razor HD 1-6x24
Noveske 16" N4 Light - pinned gas block, p/w tp
Bradley Cheek Rest - FDE "Tan"
KAC Ambi Mag Release
Badger Enhance Bolt Catch
Streamlight ProTac - RM1 - Arisaka M-LOK Scout Mount

The HPR "NM" mount is lower than the traditional SPM -- it's designed for absolute co-witness with AR sights, rather than lower-1/3 -- and is a very comfortable height with the Bradley.  I do also have an ADM Recon-SL mount, which is 1/3" lower (can drop Bradley one hole), has no forward offset and is QD, but it's black and I hate the three-piece design.

At some point, I plan to upgrade to a SureFire Scout (M300 or M600) in tan.  Unfortunately, a laser/illuminator is probably out of my budget.

The biggest issue that I have with the Razor is that I can't install BUIS.  My Troy Micros would lower-1/3 cowitness, but there's no room behind the scope for the rear one.  Even with the mount backwards:

Attachment Attached File

there isn't enough vertical space due to the size of Razor (at least, in the HPR "NM" mount) to mount it for use with the scope removed.  In that configuration, I could at least mount an offset rear sight (KAC makes some really nice ones) and then put an offset one up front.  That would require relocating the light from 1:30 to, say, 4:30.

Interestingly, I swapped the MK16 in for my 9.5" MK8 without having to reinstall the barrel.  Though it only engages one slot on the barrel nut now, the MK16 is backwards compatible with the old two-slot barrel nut.  Honestly, I would prefer an 11" to either one.  Even the 10" MK4 Fed has just enough extra length to be noticeable, but I prefer the MK8 to the MK4.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:
Thanks to Black Friday, I give you ...

The URG-I-NY:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/403150/CSCR-Bradley-MK16-Razor2_jpg-778635.JPG

Geissele 13.5" MK16 - DDC
Geissele ACH - DDC
Geissele SPM - HPR "NM" (short) - DDC
Vortex Razor HD 1-6x24
Noveske 16" N4 Light - pinned gas block, p/w tp
Bradley Cheek Rest - FDE "Tan"
KAC Ambi Mag Release
Badger Enhance Bolt Catch
Streamlight ProTac - RM1 - Arisaka M-LOK Scout Mount

The HPR "NM" mount is lower than the traditional SPM -- it's designed for absolute co-witness with AR sights, rather than lower-1/3 -- and is a very comfortable height with the Bradley.  I do also have an ADM Recon-SL mount, which is 1/3" lower (can drop Bradley one hole), has no forward offset and is QD, but it's black and I hate the three-piece design.

At some point, I plan to upgrade to a SureFire Scout (M300 or M600) in tan.  Unfortunately, a laser/illuminator is probably out of my budget.

The biggest issue that I have with the Razor is that I can't install BUIS.  My Troy Micros would lower-1/3 cowitness, but there's no room behind the scope for the rear one.  Even with the mount backwards:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/403150/CSCR-Bradley-MK16-Razor-sm_jpg-778656.JPG

there isn't enough vertical space due to the size of Razor (at least, in the HPR "NM" mount) to mount it for use with the scope removed.  In that configuration, I could at least mount an offset rear sight (KAC makes some really nice ones) and then put an offset one up front.  That would require relocating the light from 1:30 to, say, 4:30.

Interestingly, I swapped the MK16 in for my 9.5" MK8 without having to reinstall the barrel.  Though it only engages one slot on the barrel nut now, the MK16 is backwards compatible with the old two-slot barrel nut.  Honestly, I would prefer an 11" to either one.  Even the 10" MK4 Fed has just enough extra length to be noticeable, but I prefer the MK8 to the MK4.
View Quote
Nice boom stick. Mine is very similar and I love it.

If you're dead set on BUIS, maybe try 45 degree offset. Last year, when I had a SWFA 10X scope installed, I used a 45 degree offset red dot and it worked really well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 12:57:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Schweet!
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Isbthe general consensus that these rifles with proprietary bolt carrier are reliable? Or other?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By newyork:
Isbthe general consensus that these rifles with proprietary bolt carrier are reliable? Or other?
View Quote
I have around 1500+ rounds through 2 I own, the early model has a 20" lightweight chrome lined 1/7 barrel  (I welded a thread prot on). the  newer one has a 16" melonite Faxton barrel with no threads. I've only fired standard milspec 55gr & 62gr (From various mfgs, Fed, Win, Surplus SA & Korean, even old Chinese stuff); I only run 10rd mags (I'm in NY), The early one does not like p-mags, once in a while the bolt over rides the mag without stripping off a round. Runs 100% with stainless 10rd mags & A bunch of  ban era bushmaster 5 & 10rd mags  (I purchased 10 of each for range use during the old AWB, they always worked 100% in my AR's).
The newer on runs 100% with any quality mags i feed it with, even the P-mags work fine.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Good that the new ones run at least.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By newyork:
Good that the new ones run at least.
View Quote
I wouldn't blame the early gun, some guns just don't like P-Mags, including plenty of AR's that run just fine on GI surplus mags.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice rifle! What's your plan with the printed forend?

Also, what did you do to your trigger?

-Jack
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Ive been alerted to a local construction company with a wood cnc, the owner is on vacation though. Ive been assured by his employee that he would help.  Ive also picked up an old weaver scope that I will have cerakoted to match the brass look.  The gold trigger is the signature look of the cerakote artist who painted the rifle.  Hopefully at the end of january she will be done, after after a year and a half.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Another chillin' at the range photo:

Attachment Attached File

Groups were just quick ones on a bipod (no rests) to get it sighted in.  Started on the wrong side vertically.  Should be a rough 50/200 yard zero (these were at 25 yards.)
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 3:52:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AFRET95] [#33]
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:00:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 70runner] [#34]
Inspired by the posts herein, I went a little different route.  Those of you with good eyes will see the Gibbz LH SCU.  Yes, it is (perhaps the only one in captivity) a LH SCR.  Long story short (I'm working on a build thread), machined a Stag LH carrier to replicate the SCR.  Good news (just today), it shoots, ejects left, and cycles normally.

Link Posted: 1/24/2019 1:35:13 AM EDT
[#35]
th
Originally Posted By 70runner:
Inspired by the posts herein, I went a little different route.  Those of you with good eyes will see the Gibbz LH SCU.  Yes, it is (perhaps the only one in captivity) a LH SCR.  Long story short (I'm working on a build thread), machined a Stag LH carrier to replicate the SCR.  Good news (just today), it shoots, ejects left, and cycles normally.

https://i.imgur.com/pe2axYH.jpg
View Quote
That is fantastic!
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
Outstanding!
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Not sure how long your fingers are, but I can just barely hit the KAC ambi mag release when I'm shooting lefty.  Makes AR-like mag changes possible.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By AFRET95:
http://i.imgur.com/ForgrU6.jpg
View Quote
Nice.  Which long eye relief scope is that?
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Nice.  Which long eye relief scope is that?
View Quote
Shoulda listed the major components.  Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36, Remington 1100 stock, Wilson Combat 16" SS Recon barrel w/ VG6 brake, Fortis 14" Night Rail, handmade walnut forend (to match the stock)
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Shoulda listed the major components.  Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36, Remington 1100 stock, Wilson Combat 16" SS Recon barrel w/ VG6 brake, Fortis 14" Night Rail, handmade walnut forend (to match the stock)
View Quote
Actually, that second question was directed AFRET95 with his scout-configured (thus, the 'long-eye relief') SCR.

However, still good to list the specs.  Though, your picture seems to have died.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#41]
A couple Fightlites my LGS has put together. Check out PFI LLC in Richmond Hill, GA.

Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Your gun shop has some sweet builds LBZ! I have a build I'm working on that will feature a full length wood handguard. Can't wait to finish it and throw it on here
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I personally did not do the work on these but I'll talk to Willie he does all the work on them. Here's a little explanation of what he does.

BIRTH OF PFI CUSTOM
REM-LIGHT
Alot people are asking how why what can you do with these REM-LITES what are the limits what are the prices I’m going to make this post here to answer everyone’s questions.

They do use 11-87 ,1100 Remington and some 870 furniture with modifications needed to be made. Attempt at own risk if desire to modified by yourself, will need speciality tools and a precision hand to complete the task.

These very in price depending on grade of wood. The wood can go as cheap as $400 to only up to $2000 Now that’s just for the price of wood. To do all the fitting you’re looking at additional cost wood just takes a lot of time and a lot of effort for  preparation.

Ever since they introduce these lowers it’s been a vision To take these lowers to the next level and to change the style of AR15. I appreciate what fight-lite has done and I only hope to complement their product and to introduce a new style of A.R. 15 on the market.
 You can buy these at Pfi firearms in Richmond Hill Georgia or you can pay over the phone or via a PayPal and we can have it shipped to your location of choice FFL.

Prices will vary from 2K-4K and we are a fight-lite dealer as well and we can ship modified lowers if that’s all you choose.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 12:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AFRET95] [#46]
To answer CarpNY,

Its a Bushnell 2-6x Long Eye Relief Scope.
The rifle is configured as a 300 Blackout...
CMMG 300 AAC Barrel
CMT Upper Slick side
Faxon 15 Inch Handguard
Rock River Bolt & Firing Pin
MI 30 cal muzzle break - replaced with a Surefire PROCOMP
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 1:19:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ohms139] [#47]
Here is my brand new Fight Lite / Ares SCR gen 2.

The only modification I have done to it so far was to replace the Magpul MOE with a Leapers UTG Pro M-LOK Super Slim Float

I should receive some other mods and my optics tomorrow; after work will be some fun time installing all my goodies.

Vortex 3x EBR 556B Reticle
Fight Lite Bolt Catch
BCM Hand stop
Tactical Sharpshooter Rifle Stock Pack
Troy Ambidex Mag Release
Radian Raptor Amdiex Charging Handle
Magpul 10/20 PMags (I hate the look for the 10 PMags)

Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ohms139:
I really dislike the way the plain barrel looks so I'm looking into a barrel shroud purely for aesthetics. Call me a loser but it really bothers me.
View Quote
Oh my god, a shoulder thing that goes up?!!!!  NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/28/2019 7:08:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ohms139] [#50]

Oh my god, a shoulder thing that goes up?!!!!  NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

View Quote
Oh GOD, not her...
Page / 45
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 35 of 45)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top