Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2020 6:10:08 PM EDT
10.5" self built pistol.

It fires, extracts, and feeds fine with M855 when suppressed.

It fires, extracts, and feeds fine with 55grain Wolf when suppressed.

It fires, extracts, and feeds fine with M855 unsuppressed.

It fires, extracts, and will not feed Wolf when unsuppressed.

I have tried three different recoil springs and three different buffer combinations (including a H3) with no luck in fixing this.

Multiple magazines have been used and I have tried it with the bolt/carrier dry and again with it lubed like crazy.

Gas key seems to be staked fine, new gas tube that is not damaged, and there are brass marks on the case deflector.

This is the same upper, bolt, and carrier that were working fine with a 7.5" barrel.

Feed ramps all align fine and I did not see any burrs.

Cases all seem to eject back and to the right when fired.

I forgot to check and see if it would lock open on an empty mag.

Any ideas on how to get it to shoot and feed on everything like my carbines do??

Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
i agree with industry Partner. the Wolf ammo is a weaker load, not giving enough gas pressure for cycling in your configuration.  If you can't get it to work with your lightest buffer/bcg/spring, another option is to drill out/open up the gas port hole slightly.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve known the steel cased Wolf and Tulammo to be among the weakest loads I use.  I would probably just plan to shoot that stuff suppressed in the 10.5” or use it in a gun that’s gassed a bit harder.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top