Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2019 2:00:50 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with this ammo? I can't find anything on the web about it except it being sold at targetsportsusa.com. I was looking for the Federal XM556FBIT3 62gr bonded soft point and I found this stuff...

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-fbi-556-ammo-50-grain-nt-jhp-xm556fbitrnt-50-p-109724.aspx

Is it just a mislabel or does this exist?
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 12:51:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with this ammo? I can't find anything on the web about it except it being sold at targetsportsusa.com. I was looking for the Federal XM556FBIT3 62gr bonded soft point and I found this stuff...

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-fbi-556-ammo-50-grain-nt-jhp-xm556fbitrnt-50-p-109724.aspx

Is it just a mislabel or does this exist?
View Quote

It’s a real load. It’s an FBI training round.  It will still jack someone up.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
@Alexbrooks Can you comment on the differences among the various versions of the FBI duty load that Federal has produced?

From what I can tell, the the FBI was first using XM556FBIT3, a 5.56 pressure load.

Then it seems they switched to XM556FBIT3M, which despite the "556" in the name was apparently .223 pressure (based on the box markings and case headstamp). Then in a thread last year you mentioned another .223 pressure FBI load, XM223SBCT3.

If XM556FBIT3M is a .223 pressure load as I suspect, are there any differences between that and XM223SBCT3, or are we just talking about a simple change in product numbers to signify a new contract/packaging differences/etc.?

OP, hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your thread since you did mention that you were looking for XM556FBIT3.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top