Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/21/2018 10:27:49 PM EDT
I’ve recently decided to build an ar pistol that I will use to carry in my vehicles but have no idea what type of bag to get. Just looking for some ideas as to what everyone else likes or doesn’t like. It will mainly be used for throwing in whatever vehicle I’m driving with a handful of extra mags and a few other supplies. I’ve been looking at 511 tactical m4 bag but wondering if that would be too big at my pistol will have at the most a 12.5 inch barrel. I would like to stay around $100-$150 but would be willing to spend more if there is a reason to. I’m new to the whole “bag” case so really have no idea where to start. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking to keep other stuff in there as well? A lot of folks seem to like the tennis racquet bag
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 11:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I wouldn’t mind it pulling double duty as a range bag if it works. If not it’s not the end of the world. Hoping to be able to keep it together. I’ve seen a few that you have to break the rifle down for it to fit which isn’t what I want
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What I use
View Quote
Yep, lots of internal and external pockets too. I break down a 16” carbine in mine.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Just curious how you keep the gun from rolling around in it? Just use the rest of the stuff you have in there as padding?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just curious how you keep the gun from rolling around in it? Just use the rest of the stuff you have in there as padding?
View Quote
Pretty much, I usually have a chest rig, muffs and some other stuff in it.  Only real precaution I take is to put a scope coat on the optic.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#7]
This one that  I am looking at.

https://wrbsales.com/product/discreet-sub-gun-case-23/
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Got a Midway sale flyer yesterday.Attachment Attached File

I might pick up a discreet bag

ETA Vertx makes some nice stuff if you want to spend more.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 5:33:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Got a Midway sale flyer yesterday.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/451123/image-650739.JPG

I might pick up a discreet bag

ETA Vertx makes some nice stuff if you want to spend more.
View Quote
I too got this sales flier, went online, discreet bags are sold out with no backorder available.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#10]
My concern is if someone sees the Dewalt bag going in to the trunk or while its in there, would someone want to break in to the trunk to grab the tools. I like the idea, but the advertising might work against you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Covert Takedown Softcase
Manufacturers » AR15.com
Tactical Gear » Rifle Cases

Covert Takedown Softcase, Black

Ordering Options
Price:
$60.00
Quantity:

Add to Cart
Shipping Details
Ships USA Only
Ships UPS
Description
Our goals were simple in designing a case- we wanted to eliminate the tell-tale look of the traditional rifle case and minimize the case size while having enough room for a broken-down but fully-outfitted M4-style carbine.

The AR-platform is versatile in many ways, but the ease with which it can be broken down is not one that is often taken advantage of in the design of a carry case. We designed our case around a 16" barreled upper receiver (including optics and BUIS), then made sure we had room for the lower receiver assembly, several 30rd magazines, a sling, cleaning kit, and even a light; all the basics you'd want to have with you if you were headed to the range, training, or in case of emergency.

These heavy-duty padded cases are a mere 26x12x4" so they fit easily in your vehicle, stack easily, and offer generous protection from the elements and physical abuse. At the same time they are easily configurable for your needs, and have room for your primary weapon along with a variety of accessories you may choose to carry with it.

Case comes with 8 velcro straps for attaching your gear to the 3 rows of internal MOLLE loops, as well as 4 D-rings on the back to attach a shoulder strap. One side features a velcro area for attaching your own patches (By request, the AR15.com leather patch is no longer on these).

https://store.ar15.com/product.html?cat=24&pr=572
Attachment Attached File

I dont have one of these, just showing it as an option.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A lot of folks seem to like the tennis racquet bag
View Quote
The Wilson-brand single-racket bag from WalMart will only fit my SBR'd AR with a 11.5" or shorter barrel, though.  OP, if you plan on keeping the 12.5" barrel, this likely won't work for you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm so glad this is still on the youtube

Link Posted: 8/26/2018 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIsIxBkH-_4
View Quote
My life was lacking in fulfillment until I saw this.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#15]
i used this no name bag off amazon thats pretty sweet and just got some 2" foam from Carolina Custom0 Foam and just cut to shape. added some sticky backed velcro on the foam and now it stays in place in the case.

Amazon Product
  • Explorer Mojo Tactical Modulated Concealed Gun Case with backpack and YKK zipper, Closed cell form is the most magical case we offer. with heavy duty fabric, #10 YKK zippers, high density webbing, full velcro cover in the front pocket.
  • Removable backpack and shoulder straps. 3 long mag pouches, 9 m.o.l.l.e strips, long vertical zipper, Importantly the Mojo comes with 3 EVA partitions allowing you to Customize your interior, they stand very firm with both side wings stickled to the bottom of case, makes any shape of partition that you feel best fits your needs and would like to make. Plus 3 moveable loops that can stick to any where that you like.
  • Explorer Mojo Tactical Rifle Case -Color Black, Dimensions: 28? x 11? x 6.5? - Material Heavy Duty 600D Polyester, Features #10 YKK Zippers, Multiple pockets, Self Customizing Interior Partitions

ar9 10.5" barrel with shockwave blade

Link Posted: 9/4/2018 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Manfrotto padded tripod bag.  I don't have a scope or red dot, just Magpul Pro.  16" barrel and Magpul furniture.  Fits with about 2" room for length.  I was carrying two otherwise identical carbines, one 5.56 one 300blk.  As I added more mags it just got too heavy.  I use white closed cell polypropylene foam from lcd panel shipping boxes (used to work at an aasp, I'm their dedicated foam disposal service...) in a long rectangle, used to have one rifle on each side.  Now it just carries the 5.56 rifle and six 40rd pmags.  When I add a scope (either Nikon 1-4 BDC or a ATN X-Sight Pro) I will have to swap out the Magpul grip for a Fab Defense folding grip.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Get something that breathes.
Just a consideration for those evaluating a bag. Having BTDT on this particular issue with a truck-buddy AK, be careful of going too far with the innocuous bag for another purpose (racket bag, zip-closure ice-fishing gear, small guitar gig bag, etc.). Many of these do not really breathe at all and if you are in a situation where you'd leave the thing in your vehicle as a regular companion just to be there, you may not like what the gun comes out looking like. Good hunting.

And, yeah, that Cav Arms vid was kinda neat.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My concern is if someone sees the Dewalt bag going in to the trunk or while its in there, would someone want to break in to the trunk to grab the tools. I like the idea, but the advertising might work against you.
View Quote
Same here. Ive got a bunch of the Milwaukee bags from tool combos, but Id think the bag would standout out "hey theres hundreds of dollars in power tools in here" so Im not going to use them myself.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i used this no name bag off amazon thats pretty sweet and just got some 2" foam from Carolina Custom0 Foam and just cut to shape. added some sticky backed velcro on the foam and now it stays in place in the case.

www.amazon.com/dp/B01336HH3Kar9 10.5" barrel with shockwave blade

https://i.imgur.com/lswkSxE.jpg
View Quote
Showing $79.11 for me now. Guess Ill add it to my cart and see if the price drops
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIsIxBkH-_4
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I believe it was in the Survival Forum that thus subject was brought to.

One poster , don't remember who, mentioned a fold up chair bag.

Doesn't draw any attention, less likely to get a second look from thieves compared to other bags and you don't ha e to break down your rifle.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 4:24:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I have both of these and they're pretty solid for the $35 a pop.  I'll see if I can set them up tomorrow and take some photos.

The Bulldog Discreet case is about as small as you can get  I've managed to (barely) fit a lower, 2 uppers, and a few mags into it.
The VISM case is thinner, but a bit larger overall.  But I can easily get a broken down rifle, 6-8 mags, and some misc stuff into it.

Amazon Product
  • Smallest AR-15 case available
  • Durable nylon, water-resistant outer shell with padded divider that protects gun parts and optics
  • Fits firearms up to 27"

Amazon Product
  • Durable carry handle strap
  • Adjustable shoulder strap
  • I.D. holder on the outside of the case

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top