Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2021 10:11:38 PM EDT
I was always happy with my Streamlights as they seamed to be that middle ground between airsoft garbage and Surefire.

This light is exactly the same as the Streamlight down to the tape switch and 10 tap configuration.  Bleh.

Amazon Fake

Here's an actual Streamlight HLX for twice the price.  Looks to be made in the same factory, if not, it's a damn good copy.

Real HLX

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You are probably right.

US Branded tech made overseas versus US stolen tech made overseas.

Really comes down to where you want your money to end up.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are probably right.

US Branded tech made overseas versus US stolen tech made overseas.

Really comes down to where you want your money to end up.
View Quote

I was just reading the Amazon reviews.  The tape switch even has the SL log on the button.  I'm pretty convinced it's not really a copy as it's probably the exact light before it gets the Streamlight logo.  Well f*ck.  There's another company ruined by greed through China and now I have to start buying $400+ weapon lights.

Gad Damn it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was just reading the Amazon reviews.  The tape switch even has the SL log on the button.  I'm pretty convinced it's not really a copy as it's probably the exact light before it gets the Streamlight logo.  Well f*ck.  There's another company ruined by greed through China and now I have to start buying $400+ weapon lights.

Gad Damn it.
View Quote

Yup, that is what I have gleaned. it is not like they faked anything, given they label it with their own name and not streamlight.

My take is it is once again, A  US company company maxing out profit by having Chinese slave labor make it and selling it as a US owned company product, and then the Chinese playing them in the end, like they always do.

My limited research shows only the high end streamlight products are made in the US.  Maybe I am wrong. sorry if so

the cheap one is 1200 lumens too.  WTH???
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My take is it is once again, A  US company company maxing out profit by having Chinese slave labor make it and selling it as a US owned company product, and then the Chinese playing them in the end, like they always do.
View Quote

They just reverse engineer it. Which is easy when they have a legitimate copy on hand.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The Streamlight RM1,2,HL-X lines are not made in USA

I have a bunch and they have all been great

I have bought from legit vendors or from EE from sellers with good feedback
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top