Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2021 8:57:51 PM EDT
So I'm wanting to replace my FSB with a gas block that already has the holes drilled. Do the holes normally line up ok or am I better off just cutting the FSB down?

I'm not really wanting to do that incase I want to go back to a sight post, but would be better than taking it off then realizing it doesn't line up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Pin holes are drilled unique to the barrel and gas block.  Holes won't line up except by divine intervention.

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had FSB's from several, PSA uppers that I have changed out  the FSB's some cut down some not.

I got LUCKY
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Better odds playing the Lotto.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
FPNI
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:33:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, guess I'll breakout the dremel.

How hard is it to install an undrilled FSB on a barrel that has already been drilled?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How hard is it to install an undrilled FSB on a barrel that has already been drilled?
View Quote

Sending it to JT at Retro Arms Works is my suggestion.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

It ain't easy. As mentioned, John Thomas (RAW) is who you seek.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want to swap to a gas block but retain the ability to swap back to the FSB someday, a clamp on gas block would be the easiest way, by far.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Tigwelder1971:

Sending it to JT at Retro Arms Works is my suggestion.
I'm thirding this motion. I can't say enough good things about the man.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Perhaps I'm just lucky, but I've put adjustable gas blocks on 2 AR15's and 1 PA10 and everything lined up with zero issues.  The most troublesome part was getting the taper pins out of an A2 FSB - I thought about cutting it down, but the ID of some free-floating hand guards still will not clear what's left after doing that, so off it came.  That's really the right way to go, not butchering a part to get it to work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Perhaps I'm just lucky, but I've put adjustable gas blocks on 2 AR15's and 1 PA10 and everything lined up with zero issues.  The most troublesome part was getting the taper pins out of an A2 FSB - I thought about cutting it down, but the ID of some free-floating hand guards still will not clear what's left after doing that, so off it came.  That's really the right way to go, not butchering a part to get it to work.
View Quote

A cut down FSB can be just as small as a low profile gas block.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top