Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2020 11:42:25 AM EDT
I’m looking for a new 11.5” FN CHF, Chome-lined barrel.  Preferably with a LP has block installed.

I don’t mean this as a WTB thread for the EE.  I’m hoping for information on who sells them.

I’ve heard Spike’s barrels are made by FN.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#1]
RTB, Spikes Tactical.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RTB, Spikes Tactical.
View Quote
Thanks for or the confirmation on Spikes!  Didn’t think to check RTB.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Centurion Arms also uses FN barrels.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got one from spikes last Thursday.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:21:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Id check out centurion arms there confirmed made by FN to centurions specs. Taper bore , double chrome lined , made with steel used for FN machine gun barrels. I have a 12.5" with a lp gasblock keyed and pinned from centurion. It shoots great and well gassed. Hopefully making out to the range this week , weather permitting , with some 69,75,77 grain smk to shoot some groups . So far its 1.5-2 moa with 62 grain fmj.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:13:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Id check out centurion arms there confirmed made by FN to centurions specs. Taper bore , double chrome lined , made with steel used for FN machine gun barrels. I have a 12.5" with a lp gasblock keyed and pinned from centurion. It shoots great and well gassed. Hopefully making out to the range this week , weather permitting , with some 69,75,77 grain smk to shoot some groups . So far its 1.5-2 moa with 62 grain fmj.
View Quote
Thanks gentlemen!  Going to check Centurion.  The only 11.5” barrel Spike’s has is a LW.  Was hoping for govt.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:16:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Its centurion arms own profile but its damn near govt profile they found a way to balance it better. They will also custom drill gas ports to a certain size if you plan on running a suppressor or specific ammo.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:23:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Its centurion arms own profile but its damn near govt profile they found a way to balance it better. They will also custom drill gas ports to a certain size if you plan on running a suppresor or a specific ammo.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:55:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:36:38 AM EDT
[#10]
PSA.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
PSA.
View Quote
@CGP2

I couldn’t find an 11.5” CHF chrome-lined barrel/upper that they sell...maybe I missed it?

I know they sell the FN 10.5” barrels.  If you have a link to the 11.5” please share!

If I go nitrided/QPQ then I’m going Ballistic Advantage on their next sale, so I’m not looking for that from PSA.  I can have BA send me an 11.5” govt. profile with pinned LP gas block installed, and a gas tube, for around $160 after their frequent 20% discount.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a 11.5 spikes light weight fn chf barrel on a 733 clone, I have not sat down a grouped it with good ammo or anything. But physically fit and finish was good and It doesnt seem over gassed, Was spitting m193 spec ammo about 4:30 with a carbine buffer and about 3:30 with an h2
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@CGP2

I couldn’t find an 11.5” CHF chrome-lined barrel/upper that they sell...maybe I missed it?

I know they sell the FN 10.5” barrels.  If you have a link to the 11.5” please share!

If I go nitrided/QPQ then I’m going Ballistic Advantage on their next sale, so I’m not looking for that from PSA.  I can have BA send me an 11.5” govt. profile with pinned LP gas block installed, and a gas tube, for around $160 after their frequent 20% discount.
View Quote
Looks like they phased them out? I have a 11.5” FN CL CHF complete upper from them several years ago when all their barrels were made by FN.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Looks like they phased them out? I have a 11.5” FN CL CHF complete upper from them several years ago when all their barrels were made by FN.
View Quote
That’s awesome!  Dang, would definitely just grab one from them if they still had them.

I can get a stripped FN 11.5” barrel for around $220, but then I’d have to buy a LP gas block and have it shipped somewhere to have it pinned.

By the time I do all of that I’m 2x the price of the Ballistic Advantage complete with pinned LP gas block installed.  I’m not trying to do a budget build, but  $170 vs $340+ makes me lean toward the BA!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top