AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2021 11:10:45 PM EDT
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kvhq8eAr8wX3Ec236

Discreet Ballistics Selous rounds
Aero upper
Q 7" barrel
Toolcraft BCG

Happens with Shredded E2 mags. Have tried Lancer and magpul 300blk mags, but they ride a little lower and get the rounds caught on a gap between the feed ramps.

Rounds lock back on empty every time. But I can't get these to feed for the life of me.

Only happens with these rounds. Doesn't happen when I manually cycle the round

Any ideas?

I am about to give up on these rounds or try a brand new upper/barrel
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's your pic:
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no experience with your set-up, but that has to be putting out a lot of gas pressure. I would be thinking over-gassed and overspeed, and would consider a AGB and the heaviest buffer available, especially if running suppressed.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no experience with your set-up, but that has to be putting out a lot of gas pressure. I would be thinking over-gassed and overspeed, and would consider a AGB and the heaviest buffer available, especially if running suppressed.
View Quote

I have a question. How would being over gassed create that malfunction?

I have a 20 rifle with an FRT that has the same malfunction. The gas block front sight base is an adjustable JT that I have wide open.

It feeds great with USGI magazines but no joy with my ATI Schmeisser 60 rounder.

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My best guess is actually the exact opposite of this. I had to swap the suppressor from a sandman to the 9k because I wasn't getting nearly enough gas (rifle felt noticably sluggish and bolt wouldn't lock back on last round)

Rifle still feels a little sluggish but the bolt is locking back consistently now. But then this failure showed up.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top