Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/11/2022 5:38:21 PM EDT
Cleaning an ar for my DIL.
Had a heck of a time getting the extractor out of thebolt assembly. Turns out there was no extractor spring, just an o-ring. First time this rifle has been disassembled since purchase.
WTF?
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Put a Bravo Company Extractor spring and black bumper in there.
They also supply the "O" ring but they tell you, you wron't need it.
That's what I run in all my guns.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I think DPMS was using just a rubber bumper on their 308 extractors at one time. It had two diameters and one fit in the extractor pocket to keep it in place. I bought a couple of spares before they went out.
Don't see how just and o ring would not move around to some degree or move into the spring hole of the extractor.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny thing is the rifle ran flawlessly at the range.
Ordered a spring.
DIL wants me to just put it back together as is. Will do, but will stash the new spring JIC.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#4]
sprinco extra power springs are the way to go. Don't need to use the donut with those.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top