Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2021 7:46:18 AM EDT
Thinking of picking up a Eotech EXPS 2-0. I like the large window circle dot reticle. Reading through the owners manual I came across this: "If you wear bifocals or have astigmatism, you may see a distorted reticle." I wear no line progressive lenses and have very mild astigmatism. I have no problems with any red dots. Anyone here have experience with Eotechs that wear bifocal/progressive glasses?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I have very strong trifocals and a significant astigmatism. My older Eotech works very well for me, other red dots and irons not so much.

Regular scopes work very well so long as they have enough eye relief.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I wear progressive lens bifocals and have astigmatism, I still have an EoTech 512 on a rifle.

I have no issue with seeing the reticle clearly, other than the fact that it will bloom and be pixilated when turned up too high.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I have progressives and my xps2-0 hasn't been an issue with them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I wear no-line bifocals, even when shooting. The EOTech HWS remains the fastest CQB option IMO. No issues.

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had a total of 9 eye surgeries due to detached retinas and subsequent cataracts in both eyes.  Before this I had extreme astigmatism but the cataract surgery corrected down to mild, with the need for readers for anything up close with contacts in.  Eotech was and remains the fastest and most effective reflex sight for me. I want to like aimpoints due to the simplicity and rhe battery life, but the dot blooms way too much for my jacket up vision.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top