Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2021 11:40:58 AM EDT
Anyone try one of the 1-6 FFP models? Thoughts? Looks like it combines An Eotech/magnifier combo in one optic. I like the idea but I haven’t looked through one. I have an exps-2 and vortex magnifier currently. I like it but am not crazy about the floppy magnifier.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s not daylight bright so why bother?

Just get a Razor. It’s a shame because otherwise the reticle is excellent.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s not daylight bright so why bother?

Just get a Razor. It’s a shame because otherwise the reticle is excellent.
View Quote

That is a shame. I like the concept of the 2 reticles in one.  Why wouldn’t they make it daylight bright?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one. Clarity was excellent and I love the donut of death, but the lack of daylight brightness turned out to be a deal breaker for me.

I actually traded back into another EXPS with a g33 and was much happier. Still want an LVPO but I will most likely do a 2- something  or 3-something with an offset reddot.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That is a shame. I like the concept of the 2 reticles in one.  Why wouldn’t they make it daylight bright?
View Quote

If you ask some it’s because it requires exotic technology.

Maybe DARPA could make it happen.

Or Burris.

One or the other.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had one. Clarity was excellent and I love the donut of death, but the lack of daylight brightness turned out to be a deal breaker for me.

I actually traded back into another EXPS with a g33 and was much happier. Still want an LVPO but I will most likely do a 2- something  or 3-something with an offset reddot.
View Quote

I bought the vortex micro 3x just to try out a magnifier with my exps. I like the concept but its a little heavy and Im not crazy about it flopped to the side.  Idk if the Eotech magnifier is any lighter.

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]
The Vudu is a strange series.  The 1-6x is FFP, the 1-8x is SFP.  Not daylight bright.

I looked at them.  They should've flipped the SFP and FFP tech (latter being for the longer sight) and need to make it daylight bright.  Perhaps spend some time with the NightForce tech team...
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Vudu is a strange series.  The 1-6x is FFP, the 1-8x is SFP.  Not daylight bright.

I looked at them.  They should've flipped the SFP and FFP tech (latter being for the longer sight) and need to make it daylight bright.  Perhaps spend some time with the NightForce tech team...
View Quote
This is what I thought too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#8]
So is the reticle etched as well as illuminated?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So is the reticle etched as well as illuminated?
View Quote

It is. I don't care for a 1x blacked out reticle for close in work. Hence why the razor line has done so incredibly well. If you could have the Vudu reticle with vortex illumination you'd have a winner.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#10]
What about the Vortex Viper pst gen 2 1-6 ?

Better than the Strike Eagle but not as good as the Razor? I like the reticle on the viper and it seems to have decent reviews. Price is good too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I have one. It may not be extremely day light bright but I can tell it's on. The reticle is etched so you can always see it. I like it over all. But I didn't pay full price either. I have a night force NX8 2.5-20 and I don't think it's that much brighter in the sun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have one. It may not be extremely day light bright but I can tell it's on. The reticle is etched so you can always see it. I like it over all. But I didn't pay full price either. I have a night force NX8 2.5-20 and I don't think it's that much brighter in the sun.
View Quote

To be fair the use of a 2.5-20 with illumination is going to be in low light for most folks. 1-6? That fucker needs to be bright.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top