Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2022 7:50:12 PM EDT
Ok AR gurus, I need enlightenment!  I use a CMMG Bravo .22 Conv Kit in my S&W MP Sport2.  The Factory Spec trigger gives 100% reliable ignition, I'm impressed it's so good.  I ordered a Geissele SSA-E figuring good to go because of the Mil Specweight hammer spring, Geissele uses in that series trigger.  The Tech guy from Geissele says NO .22 Conv Kits to be used with their triggers, .22 blowback is harsher than impingement, will cause their triggers to fail eventually.  Are any of you guys using this combo over extended period of time?  Any trigger failure issues?  Enlighten me AR fanboys, Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are any of you guys using this combo over extended period of time?  Any trigger failure issues?  Enlighten me AR fanboys, Thanks!
View Quote

Several of us use Geissele triggers on dedicated 22lr uppers.

It's true that a 22lr blowback operation can be more violent than the smooth gas operation of the centerfire rifle.  I've heard a story something like a decade ago of someone who used a Rock River two stage (a less robust hammer than a Geissele or Larue) in a S&W 15-22, broke the skinny strut on that hammer, and was refused warranty coverage by Rock River on the basis that it is only warrantied as an AR trigger and a 15-22 isn't an AR.  I bought my first Geissele because I liked my Rock River too much to risk it.

I don't think I've ever read about someone breaking his Geissele in his 22lr, and I've followed this forum pretty closely for the last several years.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, now ya got me worrying about the MBT-2 in my dedicated 22.  It runs just fine, so far.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd not worry about it at all.  I have a lot of 22lr on both my SSA-Es and MBT-2S triggers, without any issues.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:06:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I put a Geiselle ssa in my Tac Sol .22lr upper.  I had it on a Cav Arms poly lower, when I stretched a spring, I called Geiselle and received the exact same advice, no .22 use.

It's worked fine for eight years, but I followed the advice and switched it into a .223 lower.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you going to take the word of a bunch of random guys on the internet or the tech support person at the company than manufactures the trigger?

I would think Geissele would know what breaks their triggers.  Think about it, they are basically telling you not to buy their product because their product can't handle the abuse.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Or just abuse it and enjoy a nice crisp trigger while it lasts (perhaps indefinitelty).  Adding some weight behind the bolt really softens the blowback of these little guns.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top