Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2021 12:48:35 PM EDT
Are Endomags a proven product now for AR9s?

I'm wanting to build a lower to share with my 22lr and ar9.

What is a proven bolt carrier group that plays well with Endomags?

Do they make a version  to fit 20rd Pmags?

Can you see the bullets if used in a pmag with windows?

I thought I posted this earlier but must not have submitted. I hope this can stay in the pistol caliber forum not in mags accessories.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are Endomags a proven product now for AR9s?

I'm wanting to build a lower to share with my 22lr and ar9.

What is a proven bolt carrier group that plays well with Endomags?

Do they make a version  to fit 20rd Pmags?

Can you see the bullets if used in a pmag with windows?

I thought I posted this earlier but must not have submitted. I hope this can stay in the pistol caliber forum not in mags accessories.
View Quote

Been using Endo's in my 9 for a couple years now and yes I would say they are proven.  The built in feedramp feeds anything into my BA 8.3" barrel without issue.  They don't make one for 20 round mags, but they can be made to hold 20 rounds, or ten, in a 30.  I don't use window mags so can't say for sure but the column is near the middle of the mag so I'd guess yes.  I am using a Faxon bolt in mine.  I also swap between a 22LR upper and 9mm on the same lower.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Been using Endo's in my 9 for a couple years now and yes I would say they are proven.  The built in feedramp feeds anything into my BA 8.3" barrel without issue.  They don't make one for 20 round mags, but they can be made to hold 20 rounds, or ten, in a 30.  I don't use window mags so can't say for sure but the column is near the middle of the mag so I'd guess yes.  I am using a Faxon bolt in mine.  I also swap between a 22LR upper and 9mm on the same lower.
View Quote

I wish they made mag loaders for them, thanks for the responses
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes you can see the rounds through the window
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Will the bolt catch work for LRBHO?
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I put 600 trouble free rounds through an FM9 16 inch upper with their bolt on an Anderson lower using Endomags. I followed break in instructions and they ran every bullet weight and profile I threw at them without complaint including a variety of hp and flat nose. LRBHO worked perfectly.

I now have a Stern conversion block for Glock mags but keep my 3 converted Pmags in a bin as an alternative to run 9 if the block malfunctions.

Spinta I think is the main bolt known to be problematic with Endomags.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Windows PMAGs w/ Endomag inserts is pretty much all I use but I'm running the CMMG RDB version where you are not using the ejector on the Endomags.
https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=280

Hybrid CMMG Guard vs MP5K PDW

Mrgunsandgear does a good review:

Besides the reliability of the plastic ejector, I personally don't like the idea having to have the magazine in the gun to clear a live round.  
Again, this is not an issue with the CMMG RDB system.....nor the hopefully upcoming MEAN Arms delayed blowback system.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Will the bolt catch work for LRBHO?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 1:38:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe there's an approved list of bcg's that work with the endos. I have mine with a kvp bolt and faxon barrel. Follow the break in procedures and you'll be golden.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Windows PMAGs w/ Endomag inserts is pretty much all I use but I'm running the CMMG RDB version where you are not using the ejector on the Endomags.
https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=280

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIMlXOpFop0

Mrgunsandgear does a good review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzVHicze2Fk

Besides the reliability of the plastic ejector, I personally don't like the idea having to have the magazine in the gun to clear a live round.  
Again, this is not an issue with the CMMG RDB system.....nor the hopefully upcoming MEAN Arms delayed blowback system.
View Quote

The funky manual of arms and not feeling comfortable leaving them loaded 24/7 due to the feed lips are why Endomags are no longer my main method for running 9. People say clearing the gun by locking the bolt back and then dropping the mag is no big deal. But when I let someone else who is experienced on ARs shoot it I found it uncomfortable having to explain it to him and then watch him consciously have to remind himself to do things in the reverse order of how he’d done it since he was in the army 20 years ago. Didn’t feel safe about the lack of intuitiveness even though nothing happened.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I also have the radial-delayed blowback system that I use CMMG's Endomag inserts specifically for, and they work absolutely great.  But that's with the RDB where everything is pretty much where it wants to be in an AR design anyway.  I really didn't have much interest in the 'regular' Endomags because I just couldn't see that plastic ejector holding up.  I instead used a Stern Magwell adaptor (w/ Glock mags) for milspec lowers before I got the RDB BCG/Barrel combos.  The Stern worked great as well, very reliable and bolt hold open also worked consistently, and I had no concerns about wearing out a piece of plastic or such.

Maybe the more recent Endomags are more robust in that aspect, but another thing to consider is that you can't do more than 30-rds with an Endgomag whereas there are a lot of extended-capacity options with Glock mag systems if that's needed...for like big stages of steel shooting or long PCC stages withtout the worry of reloading.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I may just try a drop in block since I have quite a few Colt mags. My other 9mm has a bottom insert mag block that is kind of a pain to take out fast. I want my next lower to be swapped pretty easy from 9mm to .22lr.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I never had any success with an Endomag in a gen 3 PMAG running with an Alpha Shooting Sport hybrid BCG and a PSA 4” upper.
I was able to tweak/fix a few issues but every other round would feed too high and stop on the top edge of the chamber. After throwing out a whole box of ruined rounds, I was done.
My 16” carbine runs a Hahn top loader and Metalform mags with a RRA BCG, runs like a top. No misfeeds in almost 10 years of use. TheAlpha BCG runs fine too.

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wish they made mag loaders for them, thanks for the responses
View Quote

I really wish this too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#14]

I bought Gen2's and had great luck....no issues.

But these have been discussed alot, suggest you click the link and read some of the previous threads.

Many threads on the forum about this topic if you click here
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I bought Gen2's and had great luck....no issues.

But these have been discussed alot, suggest you click the link and read some of the previous threads.

Many threads on the forum about this topic if you click here
View Quote

Gen2's for me as well, no windows.  No problems.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I've had this crazy idea for awhile now to try to modify 5.56 stripper clips to hold 9mm and load the mags with clips and the spoon.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#17]

I run the CMMG radial delayed version Endo inserts with a windowed 2nd gen Pmag and a windowed Emag.  They don't officially advertise it works with an Emag but it does flawlessly and yes you can see the brass inside the insert through the window.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've had this crazy idea for awhile now to try to modify 5.56 stripper clips to hold 9mm and load the mags with clips and the spoon.
View Quote

No need to modify, it should Just Work (the original Grendel 380 pistols fed via a M16 stripper clip....)

The trick will be getting the thigamabob over to the left side of the mag vs. centered.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No need to modify, it should Just Work (the original Grendel 380 pistols fed via a M16 stripper clip....)

The trick will be getting the thigamabob over to the left side of the mag vs. centered.
View Quote

Wouldn't work with a normal spoon or speed loader.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top