Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2018 9:09:05 PM EDT
Saw these on Ebay & they appear to be the early rubberized type E buttplates.  Anybody got info to confirm or deny this?  I bought one under the possibility it might be since I've been looking for one for awhile now.  Thanks for the input.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Colt-A-1-S-P-1-Buttplate-Vietnam-Era-USGI-Issue/112717705467?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

If the link does not work, just punch in item # 112717705467
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link does not work.  The auction was probably suspended by eBay since they are SO ANTI-GUN.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I found the auction and it wouldn't link for me either.

Let's try it this way.

Seems to work.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an early 1972 AR15 Sporter which came with a rubber buttplate with an opening for the buttstock trapdoor.   They seem to be rather fragile that's probably why the US military went to the hard plastic ones.   I have never seen a rubber one in my 30 years of military service.  Probably one of the good ideas they quickly failed.  And Colt being Colt never throws away good parts and probably used them on the AR15 Sporters to consume the inventory.

--fjruple
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top