Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/18/2022 8:19:14 PM EDT
Here's my completed AR15 featuring the Evolution Weapon Systems bufferless carrier. It's a great system, very smooth and saves a lot of weight. Even with a 20" barrel, 4-16x scope and side-charging upper, the whole thing as shown weighs a tiny smidge over 8 pounds. Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If their ETA wasn't 1.5 years I'd already have one. I'm a patient man but that's testing my limits.

Awesome rifle btw!

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If their ETA wasn't 1.5 years I'd already have one. I'm a patient man but that's testing my limits.

Awesome rifle btw!

View Quote

I waited 2 years haha. It was worth it though. Sounds like they are getting caught up and should be in stock soon.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm still waiting for Law Tactical's ARIC bolt carrier
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Foxtrot Mike uppers are currently available, just saying
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here's my completed AR15 featuring the Evolution Weapon Systems bufferless carrier. It's a great system, very smooth and saves a lot of weight. Even with a 20" barrel, 4-16x scope and side-charging upper, the whole thing as shown weighs a tiny smidge over 8 pounds. Very nice.
https://i.imgur.com/iMZ3tZ9.jpg
View Quote

I have 3 of them. 1 for a 7.62x39 where I had modified to work with a piston KS47/BRS47.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have 3 of them. 1 for a 7.62x39 where I had modified to work with a piston KS47/BRS47.
View Quote

What did you have to do to make it work? I also have a KS-47 and I was looking at it and I wasn't sure it could be milled enough without damaging the guide rod holes.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:23:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What did you have to do to make it work? I also have a KS-47 and I was looking at it and I wasn't sure it could be milled enough without damaging the guide rod holes.
View Quote

For KS47, you have to modify the place on each side where the lips of the AK mag sits since it sits higher in the magwell than AR mags. I had to send it to a shop for that part, and then I re-coated black dlc.

For the piston, i used a Superlative Arms piston kit with a Adams Arms strike key and filed the rod slowly so I didn't ruin any heat treat on the rod. You could technically use the strike key with the Adams Arms kit without modifying the rod, but it needs to be fine tuned and the AA kit only has a couple of gas adjustments.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey OP, what stock is that? Looks nice on there.
View Quote

It's a Lage Manufacturing stock. Has the same mounting hole pattern as the Doublestar ACE stocks. It's cheap, light and durable; very nice apart from not having a rubber buttpad.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Awesome rifle btw!

View Quote

I jumped on the very first preorder. They pushed back the deadline a few times then went absolutely dark. I'm fine and understanding with preorder and timelines moving. After reaching out with no response I had to cancel. It's the comms I couldn't get around.

Looks and seems cool, though!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:19:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I jumped on the very first preorder. They pushed back the deadline a few times then went absolutely dark. I'm fine and understanding with preorder and timelines moving. After reaching out with no response I had to cancel. It's the comms I couldn't get around.

Looks and seems cool, though!
View Quote

I had to wait 2 years for my first 2. I jumped on the pre-pre-order quite quickly.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone has a weight measurement for the buffer-less BCG? Thinking of using this BCG for a lightweight build.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anyone has a weight measurement for the buffer-less BCG? Thinking of using this BCG for a lightweight build.
View Quote

I build all my ARs lightweight, including my Foxtrot Mike G2 upper and BRN-180. When I found out that my PWS upper is super heavy, I almost cried. Hah. The 3 I have this installed on, are on lightweight builds.

I did weight measuring in my original archived thread.  13.3 oz, which includes the BCG, end plate system, and all internals. This would be with a steel firing pin and cam pin, and doesn't include a folding stock or brace. I think their newer versions are around 1oz lighter.

If you get a lightweight stock/brace and/or add a titanium firing pin, it will be about the same as comparing the stock setup, maybe slightly lighter since a buffer tube + buffer + buffer retainer/spring would be included in that weight comparison.

Honestly, if they got a handle on production, this thing would be a huge hit. No one wants to wait 2+ years to get one. This comes from someone who has 3 and ordered 2 more.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Am I missing something of does this item not work with a dust cover?
View Quote

They now have a new version that works with a modified dust cover that they offer. The guide rod holes are in the area where the cutout for the detent normally is.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They now have a new version that works with a modified dust cover that they offer. The guide rod holes are in the area where the cutout for the detent normally is.
View Quote

It always works with the Strike Industries Polyflex. Good for lightweight builders
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Any updates on more of these getting into folks hands?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Seriously. The time you've been waiting I had received 5 EWS carriers. I sold one gen 1 to someone who made a really cool halo rifle. I have one first  gen without dust cover cuts, one first gen with dust cover cuts, and two gen 2's with dust cover cuts and the removable dead weight, which is imo an ingenious upgrade.

Just wish these were going out quicker so other people could indulge in this system.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#22]
What was the average time from purchase to receiving your carriers. I'm sure the first order was the longest. Have the times gotten shorter in subsequent orders since you've had 5 total?
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What was the average time from purchase to receiving your carriers. I'm sure the first order was the longest. Have the times gotten shorter in subsequent orders since you've had 5 total?
View Quote

First was the longest, probably around 2 years.  Every one after was almost or more than a year but I've ordered in twos besides one of them.

They've undergone a few revisions. The first iteration had an upper piece to keep the hammer from hitting the main (large center spring). In revision 2, they removed that upper piece and increased the size of the 2 side springs. Then they had another revision where they simply added the dust cover cutout. Then what I call 'gen 2' they changed a bunch. They made the dead weight removable, as before it could only be removed by removing the gas key, and it also had a spring to put it back into battery.  The dead weight is now also larger and retained by the firing pin and retaining pin. It also looks like the firing pin spring mechanism (to protect against unintended pin strikes) is different and retained by a removable roll pin.  The latest design is imo the best.

I haven't had any issues with any of the revisions except with shitty hexmags. Even the one without a dust cover cutout, I was able to use a strike industries dust cover and slightly file it to get it to work. Mind you, I've used these with 7.62x39 (with AK mags), DI, and piston (Superlative Arms, modified rod, and Adams Arms strike key).  I haven't tested anything outside of 7.62x39 or 556/223.

I've been meaning to make videos but work has me swamped. Maybe if there's enough demand.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top