Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2018 10:34:08 AM EDT
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and look forward to being a long time member.  I did some searches and I don't think this specific comparison has ever been done.

I have a Daniel Defense MK18 and I am trying to decide between an EOTech EXPS2-0 Paired with a Vortex 3X Magnifier or to go with the new Sig Romeo4H/Juliet4 combo.

Any opinions or help would be appreciated, thank you!
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome, never used a magnifier but can't go wrong with the eotech, it's a proven optic even with the haters. I vote eotech
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 2:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome, never used a magnifier but can't go wrong with the eotech, it's a proven optic even with the haters. I vote eotech
View Quote
Thanks for your input!
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]
EOTech G33 Magnifier is superior ( clarity & eyebox) to the Vortex 3X Magnifier. No experience with the SIG Magnifier, however on Romeo 4's their is a significant quality difference in the H&S versions compared to the T version.  IMO the T is the only version worth looking at.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
EOTech G33 Magnifier is superior ( clarity & eyebox) to the Vortex 3X Magnifier. No experience with the SIG Magnifier, however on Romeo 4's their is a significant quality difference in the H&S versions compared to the T version.  IMO the T is the only version worth looking at.
View Quote
Thank you for that info, that is actually great info.  I don't think I can afford the EOTech G33 but I am happy you told me there is a difference between the different versions of the Romeo4.  If that is the case, I might just stick to EOTech.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and look forward to being a long time member.  I did some searches and I don't think this specific comparison has ever been done.

I have a Daniel Defense MK18 and I am trying to decide between an EOTech EXPS2-0 Paired with a Vortex 3X Magnifier or to go with the new Sig Romeo4H/Juliet4 combo.

Any opinions or help would be appreciated, thank you!
View Quote
Made in China, crappy warranty   OR   Made in USA, lifetime warranty.  
Easy pick in my mind.

Sig's "Warranty":

"SIG SAUER® Electro-Optic Infinite Guarantee™
SIG SAUER® has manufactured the most rugged, dependable, high-performance firearms for more than two centuries. Our heritage of design, engineering, and precision-manufactured quality predates the existence of any other optics company worldwide. We understand the importance of quality in the line of fire, at the shooting range or on your next hunt. SIG SAUER Electro-Optics had to earn the right to wear that badge and the Infinite Guarantee has your back, forever. Period.

We will repair or replace your SIG SAUER product in the event it becomes damaged or defective, at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition. It doesn’t matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it.

SIG SAUER® INFINITE GUARANTEE
Unlimited Lifetime Guarantee
Fully Transferable
No Warranty Card Required
No Receipt Required
No Time Limit Applies
No Charge
Please note that our Infinite Guarantee excludes coverage for intentional damage, misuse, cosmetic damage that does not affect the performance of the optic, loss, theft, or unauthorized repair or modification. Excludes electronic and Tritium components.

Electric Component Limited 5-Year Warranty
For components not included under the SIG SAUER® Infinite Guarantee™, this warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship in the electronic and Tritium components of illuminated riflescopes/sights, pistol sights, electronic sights, flashlights, lasers, binoculars, spotting scopes, and rangefinders. This warranty lasts for five years from the date of manufacture. If, during that five-year period, these products are found to have electronic or Tritium component defects in materials or workmanship, SIG SAUER will repair your product, at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state."
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Sig 4H and Eotech that I have used with my Samson 3.5x magnifier. The Romeo 4H isn't made in China.

I prefer the Sig 4H but mainly because of the auto on function.

Sig 4H with 3.5x....had some Eotech with magnification pic but can't find them.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the Sig 4H and Eotech that I have used with my Samson 3.5x magnifier. The Romeo 4H isn't made in China.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83091/2017-11-17_15-698122.JPG
View Quote
@popnfresh how are you liking the 4H? i just ordered one off amazon for $260. I figure of the FBI adopted a similar model they have to be decent. Can you see the BDC without the magnifier? If you use the dots and BDC with no Eotech circle does the top circle still turn into a crosshair?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the Vortex magnifier and think it's a great piece. What I like best about it (or any magnifier) is that I can QD it on or off behind an EOTech, Aimpoint, or MRO without any drama. I think the emergence of good affordable LPVOs will probably be the demise of magnifiers, but I'll keep mine.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83091/2017-11-17_15-698122.JPG
View Quote
The 4H is NOT made in China?  Are yousure?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@popnfresh how are you liking the 4H? i just ordered one off amazon for $260. I figure of the FBI adopted a similar model they have to be decent. Can you see the BDC without the magnifier? If you use the dots and BDC with no Eotech circle does the top circle still turn into a crosshair?
View Quote
I really like it, I wasn't sure about the auto on but every time I touch it it comes on so... I have had it over a year now I guess and a couple thousand rounds with no complaints. I really like the built in clear lens covers as well, I never even flip them up.

Yes you can see the BDC dots without the magnifier.

I think there are 2 models, mine has the crosshair no matter which reticle you select. I believe the other model has dots only but might be a bigger dot if I recall
With the naked eye the cross pretty much looks like a 2moa plus sign.

As for made in China, well their other models state they are made in China on the box, this says assembled in the US so like just about everything else I am sure it has chinese parts in it.

Where I work I design and machine many of our parts but we also work with China, India and Mexico.
As an example, one of our gear boxes, I design it, I send my  housing drawings to China, China casts the housing parts, I machine the housing, we make the shafts and gears, China makes the bearings and we assmble here. We can still put our Made in USA sticker on the box.

We have had similar items customers bought completed from China(machined and assembled) for us to fix and the work was terrible.

So for me "Assembled in USA" means a bit more. Sure many of   the parts may have been made in China but the fact that it was assembled and QCed here make me feel more comfortable about the quality.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#11]
An RDS with a magnifier is an expenive, heavy, bad way to go.

Consider this thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Kyle-Defoor-thinks-today-s-LPVO-s-have-made-RDS-s-obsolete/5-2172182/
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Honestly, I'd probably go with a PA or vortex option.

Their CS records speak for themselves while Sig excludes electronics problems....and honestly they are probably made by the same shops.

The eotech magnifier is going to have better glass though.....but I'm not sure how much $ that's worth for you.

I do wish vortex and pa would put an auto on feature on their rds though.....
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have the Vortex magnifier and think it's a great piece. What I like best about it (or any magnifier) is that I can QD it on or off behind an EOTech, Aimpoint, or MRO without any drama. I think the emergence of good affordable LPVOs will probably be the demise of magnifiers, but I'll keep mine.
View Quote
I dont think so....rds give you benefits lvpo cant at 1x.  Unlimited eye box and no parallax is a big deal at 1x when you are looking for speed and dont have an optimal hold on your rifle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top