Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2021 5:49:37 PM EDT
In the last 60 days, there have been two AR-10s on Gunbroker. One went for a little over $8K, and the other went for just over $10K. I am glad I got mine for a reasonable $6k a couple of years ago...Bill

WOW

Another WOW

and a Sterling AR-180 went for $2.2K
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I sold my Specialty Arms Portuguese gun for 3500 about 10-12 years ago and doubled my money......should have sat on it a little longer it looks like.

I was watching the Hahn reweld.....kind of shocked what it went for
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
a Sterling AR-180 went for $2.2K
View Quote

$2.2k... for a Sterling?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

$2.2k... for a Sterling?
View Quote

Three weeks ago I picked up a gorgeous Costa Mesa, complete with a MINT inverted post, meter marked, scope and mount for $1650.  It sat on the dealers table all day Saturday with no takers, and I purchased it at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Do want... but would definitely consult @HHollow before I would buy one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:18:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The irony is that pre-may sample Dutch AR10 machine guns can be had all day for $10K.  Sometimes as low as $7-8K.  And these little gems are all original, uncut.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I was watching both and bid on the first and planned to bid on the second but I'll just enjoy my BRN-10 and stack of cash instead.  Not sure what my limit would have been but they both went high quickly
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Let me tell you about my Howa...

Attachment Attached File

About 90% condition and bought it a year and a half ago or so?

Thought I was missing a 1 that was surely on the price tag. Well nope, it wasn’t.

Almost ran from the store waiting for somebody to yell “somebody stop that guy!”
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:40:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Let me tell you about my Howa...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164962/A734D202-48DC-4322-AEAF-8C05488E76EF_jpe-1767679.JPG

About 90% condition and bought it a year and a half ago or so?

Thought I was missing a 1 that was surely on the price tag. Well nope, it wasn’t.

Almost ran from the store waiting for somebody to yell “somebody stop that guy!”
View Quote

Lol I remember your thread on that. You lucky bastard! Army & Navy gave that Armalite away.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Hahn welded receivers can be a risky proposition. I’ve seen them work fine and I’ve seen them not work at all. Jack Martiinez built a couple of AR-10’s with them-one worked flawlessly, the other kinda worked but the bolt carrier would drag inside the buffer tube a bit. For example when Lloyd Hahn was still welding/manufacturing AR-10 lowers a buddy and I bought two. When they finally arrived at my dealer I let my buddy get first pick because I owed him a favor. The lower he selected appeared to be the nicer of the two but unfortunately when my buddy dropped in the fire control parts he discovered the tolerances were off. Turns out when the two halves were welded together the distance between the trigger and hammer pins was too short. The hammer would cock and catch with the sear but would not release. Hahn had stopped making lowers by this time and that was that. I lucked out and the lower I chose worked just fine.

By the way, gun people have been using that term “reweld” WRT to fastening two receiver halves together for decades and it’s technically an incorrect term. Unless the receiver was welded, and the welded AGAIN its not a “reweld”. I used the term forever myself until Ron Smith once asked me, “What do you mean “reweld”? Unless its been welded more than once its a weld, NOT a reweld!” I had to admit he was right.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe apples to oranges but remember reading a while ago a run of the mill Ford/Chevy sedan could be bought for $25K, if you bought the same car but all in new parts it would of been $100K. Always fun to window shop but a good way to keep track of current prices and when that rare bargain shows up you know that it's a bargain.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

By the way, gun people have been using that term “reweld” WRT to fastening two receiver halves together for decades and it’s technically an incorrect term. Unless the receiver was welded, and the welded AGAIN its not a “reweld”. I used the term forever myself until Ron Smith once asked me, “What do you mean “reweld”? Unless its been welded more than once its a weld, NOT a reweld!” I had to admit he was right.
View Quote

Great point. Never really thought about it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In the last 60 days, there have been two AR-10s on Gunbroker. One went for a little over $8K, and the other went for just over $10K. I am glad I got mine for a reasonable $6k a couple of years ago...Bill

WOW

Another WOW

and a Sterling AR-180 went for $2.2K
View Quote

Receiver mfg. in Redwood City, CA.  Wow...
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
back in my old Armory, Quantico 1990 or so, a real Dutch AR10 morphing into a yet unborn SR25:https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19411/Quantico_1989_AR10_Mod-1804513.jpg
View Quote

I'm in process of building an upper just about like that for my BRN-10, with a different scope.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top