Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2022 10:40:59 AM EDT
I picked up a Steiner CQBL-1. Where I'm mounting it I can hit the Fire button so I don't need a pressure switch. I'd rather not leave the back open to dust/debris/water intrusion.

Has anybody run across a dummy plug for the DBAL/CQBL?
I *think* it's called a Crane plug but I swear I've seen that style plug as a regular electrical plug as well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
TNVC sells spare parts for the ATPIALs. It's listed as the 'pressure switch receptacle plug'.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:24:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Looks like it's $10 with $15 shipping.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks. Looks like it's $10 with $15 shipping.
View Quote

Maybe try contacting them to see if they can send it in a bubble mailer.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate the help. I picked one up from a long time member.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Just for info..... talked to Steiner about port plugs awhile back and they said they don't offer any because the waterproofing is tested without a plug (switch) or debris plug. Interesting concept, should instill confidence in how well sealed these units are. So I use the ATPIAL plugs in mine!
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 4:57:22 PM EDT
[#6]
The plug sockets on CQBLs make me nervous. Ive had them come out with the plug before. Still seems to work after pushing baxk in though. As long as it doesn't come all the way out
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
There was a batch on DBAL lasers that had the problem with the receptacle coming out. Steiner said only use their brand switch!!!  Right after I installed a TAPS on mine and had to really pull to get it out! I was sure the whole thing was gonna come loose but it held together and works really good. After reinstalling, I decided to leave it alone. I did email TNVC about the potential issue and was told that Steiner fixed the issue of loose receptacles..... kinda scary on the durability side.  Supposedly, it was bad epoxy on manufacturing..... hope it's fixed!
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
You can always shove a foam ear plug in it and cut off the extra bit sticking out.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top