Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2018 1:45:21 AM EDT
SO on my DPMS 308 build my depth collar slipped and I didnt realize at first so I made a couple of plunges past the proper depth of the trigger pocket . None of them went all the way through but i feel one is pretty close to where the trigger hole would be .  However its too far forward so I dont think it'll work as the trigger whole ....
What are my options to salvage the lower?

Its probably worth mentioning it's a DPMS style 308 lower by AMT that is 7075 aluminum billet

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 2:26:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Fill with JB Weld and recut it when dry?
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 2:55:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Cut the rest of it correctly and stop worrying do much?
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#3]
use a drop in trigger if it worries you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 4:56:27 AM EDT
[#4]
"a picture speaks a thousand words"
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I machined part of the FCG pocket too deep. So much so the area at the trigger hole was as thin as a soda can.

JB Weld and the proper depth setting fixed it!
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
use a drop in trigger if it worries you.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#7]
its fine. you could mill all the way through the FCG pocket and as long as the pins are in the right place the lower will function fine.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 12:37:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
its fine. you could mill all the way through the FCG pocket and as long as the pins are in the right place the lower will function fine.
View Quote
You also need a shelf for your trigger spring.

Drop in triggers will generally work with no floor.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 1:39:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Honestly,

I would not worry about, make sure you have everything else done correctly and it will run with no problems, if you are really worried, as was said already, spread a layer of JB weld in there, let it cure and re-mill to the right specs again, from all of the things I have seen over the years, the depth of the FCG pocket is one of the most common mess ups.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top