Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2022 3:07:02 PM EDT
I'm working on an upper and just wanted to make sure I'm not making a mistake. I've looked around and can't find where any info on the exact product I've used in the past. I have used this grease in 3 builds so far probably from 1 to 2 years ago. Here is a link to the product. If it's not good to use on barrel nuts what should I do to fix my previous builds?

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/masterpro-chemicals/oil--chemicals---fluids/grease---lube/grease-cartridge/80e03b4d1ff6/masterpro-14-ounce-multi-purpose-lithium-grease/mp02/90358?pos=3

Thanks for any help in advance.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't believe so. You can always lookup the SDS
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm working on an upper and just wanted to make sure I'm not making a mistake. I've looked around and can't find where any info on the exact product I've used in the past. I have used this grease in 3 builds so far probably from 1 to 2 years ago. Here is a link to the product. If it's not good to use on barrel nuts what should I do to fix my previous builds?

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/masterpro-chemicals/oil--chemicals---fluids/grease---lube/grease-cartridge/80e03b4d1ff6/masterpro-14-ounce-multi-purpose-lithium-grease/mp02/90358?pos=3

Thanks for any help in advance.
View Quote
No, that's just a lithium multipurpose EP grease.  If it contained graphite (or moly), it would exist as a fine solid powder that would make the grease appear grey or black, and it's an amber grease.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top