AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/29/2018 2:33:28 PM EDT
I'm wanting to build a 22lr upper.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm wanting to build a 22lr upper.
View Quote
Can't you just plug one that has one? Weld it.
I would think somebody has to make one though
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Drill and tap it for a plug screw.  Can be easily "undone" should plans change later down the road.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a Green Mountain .22LR blank ($51 for SS but the usual 1:16 twist) and send it to Paladin Machine Shop Service to be finished to your specs.  Only catch, I don’t know if PMSS does .22 LR.  Contact him at tp555(at)windstream.net.  If he does .22 LR you will get exactly what you want at an unbelievable price with quality second to none.  And you could have it by the new year with no plugged gas port to trap lead.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#4]
CMMG produces a 20" barrel in .22lr.  It is designed to use a dedicated bolt carrier kit. 1-16 twist.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:59:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CMMG produces a 20" barrel in .22lr.  It is designed to use a dedicated bolt carrier kit. 1-16 twist.
View Quote
This is what you seek, I have their 9.2" version, I highly recommend the cmmg barrels.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:34:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Buy a Green Mountain .22LR blank ($51 for SS but the usual 1:16 twist) and send it to Paladin Machine Shop Service to be finished to your specs.  Only catch, I don’t know if PMSS does .22 LR.  Contact him at tp555(at)windstream.net.  If he does .22 LR you will get exactly what you want at an unbelievable price with quality second to none.  And you could have it by the new year with no plugged gas port to trap lead.
View Quote
He just did a pencil 26" bbl for me, I'm very pleased w/ it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have one of these uppers too.  Way more accuate than I thought itd be.  It was my most accurate .22 over my rugers before I built a KIDD.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top