Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IMO, LMT and KAC have been innovators.  Not just in material use but in design.

IMO, Hodge, as another poster put it, orders the "premium trim" from OEM suppliers, and assembles a rifle.  He's got Instagram demand, but refuses to scale up to meet it.  He'll say he has to maintain QC and can't increase production, but we have top-quality manufacturers who have done exactly that.  Hodge reminds me alot of Busse Combat's old business model of creating a false market by limiting sales/production to drive demand.
View Quote

He stated that he didn’t want to make quantities large enough to require financing, and I respect that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah, there’s a real benefit to 7075. It’s stronger than some steel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its cool he designed the Wedge Lock. I didn’t know he designed one of my favorite systems that I actually use for my HD gun.

I had heard the Hodge ones are 7075 though. Is there really any benefit to this? I ask because virtually every other rail on the market is 6061. So much so that I wonder if it’s actually a bad thing to use 7075?

Yeah, there’s a real benefit to 7075. It’s stronger than some steel.

The only reason 7075 isn’t more common is that it’s hard or impossible to extrude in small sizes and costs too much. It’s a solid add.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Two are major corporations that have been in business for decades, they both have major military contracts.

The other is a very small Research and Development firm based out of Texas, so I don't think it's fair to compare companies with deep pockets to a small firm.

LMT and KAC have engineering departments to further develop the weapons system, Hodge Defense doesn't  reengineer the system, He just tries to make the core system as good as it can be. So it really depends on what you are looking for.

If you want a rifle that has some state of the art tech going on in the gas system, or redesigned bolts and barrel extensions, then LMT and Knights are your answer.

If you want a solid rifle that is designed around hard and long term use with functionally and accuracy at the fore front maybe look into a Hodge Defense. His 12.5 barrels chrono as fast as a 14.5 minus about 100fps.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am almost certain LMT makes all of their bolts, carrier and gas keys. KNS is major supplier for small springs and small parts for the big boys, Schmidt as well. Both of which make more than parts for firearm industry.
View Quote

I suspected that but I did not want to make a claim I was not 100% was true.  I know a lot of the small parts are sourced because why reinvent the wheel when someone specializes in springs or some other part.  Kind of like MecGar yeah a lot of these companies could make their own magazines but MecGar does it cheap and great quality with the proven track record.  LMT is known for machine work so it makes sense they make their own bolt and they do have a improved bolt design over the standard mil-spec.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He stated that he didn’t want to make quantities large enough to require financing, and I respect that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IMO, LMT and KAC have been innovators.  Not just in material use but in design.

IMO, Hodge, as another poster put it, orders the "premium trim" from OEM suppliers, and assembles a rifle.  He's got Instagram demand, but refuses to scale up to meet it.  He'll say he has to maintain QC and can't increase production, but we have top-quality manufacturers who have done exactly that.  Hodge reminds me alot of Busse Combat's old business model of creating a false market by limiting sales/production to drive demand.

And IMO that's complete BS.  From a business sense, it's pants on head retarded.  

If it required financing multi-million $ stamping and forging machinery then it would be more palatable.

As it stands, he could open a low interest line of credit, order what he needs, pay it when it sells.  Multi million dollar companies do this to preserve cash.  It's standard practice.

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So many fan boys got caught up in G triggers and his pretty color treatments because youtube/IG personalities told them to. Now they're so drunk on G koolaid, he can dump a mediocre rifle on them in a pretty color, jack up the price and coat the barrel in black oxide and they still put his name up with KAC, LMT, and Hodge. Such a joke.

Geissele all the things? Hardly. I've scrapped every shred of the G name from my stuff and I've never been happier with how my triggers feel, how my guns shoot, and how dormant my shill gene sits. Geissele the company is going the same way as Cabelas; started with a decent product, then spread the wings too far. Mediocre optics? Mlok bayonet lugs? Coffee? The triggers and coatings are fine, but triggers and coatings don't make a rifle.

KAC and LMT are in a class of their own. Case in point that coatings don't equal a top-tier product. Hodge is looking to join them with his Mod2 but he's got a decade of proving his product and innovating in the space before he gets there.
View Quote

This. I used to buy into the G$ hype now all I've got is my scar trigger and a receiver set, nothing else they make is worth the price

Now getting back on topic, KAC>LMT>Hodge
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:29:52 AM EDT
[#8]
KAC & LMT.... high quality tools made for professionals, and alike. The very finest, money can buy, rifles, parts, accessories.  
Noveske....consistently accurate match grade barrels, SS and Chrome lined. Personally I do not own KAC rifle , but had a chance to shot one many times. All KAC stuff that I have ever used or owned ,...was and still is top shelf.
LMT D2000’is equal to Noveske N4 platform. I have owned, used, and abused both of those rifles for about a decade. Noveske ran in back of my truck for a whole Florida Summer, without cleaning, over 1000 rd of different brass ammo just on the steady diet of 5w30. Never stopped.
Both rifles shot better than me, Noveske n4 kept tight groups few thousand rounds after LMT had started to open up.
KAC and LMT have proven record, ...but I would not be shy to engage with Noveske built rifle. Colt has proven record as well, but I’ll take basic Noveske N4, over Colt M4, simply because I trust their quality control, which I can not say for Colt, ...sadly.

I do not own G rifle, nor have I had a chance to use one yet. No comment on that. G makes top shelf accessories, all of it.

I do not see hodge even remotely close to the upper mentioned companies,...not sure they are close to Colt either,  neither will I try to find out.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#9]
KAC>LMT.............................................................................................>Hodge/G/FN/LWRC/Noveske

KAC gets a slight edge over LMT due to their E3 bolt and gas system. I have owned a Hodge and a Geissele and shot a Noveske quite a lot. Of those three, I would take the Noveske over the Hodge and G and broken further down, I would likely choose the BCM over the Hodge. Of the two Hodges I have shot, I felt they were nothing special. I think they are probably good guns, but nowhere near worth their asking price.

I would toss Brügger & Thomet in there right after LMT if I were making a list.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Being serious, who is Hodge?
View Quote

<this....

Link Posted: 6/18/2021 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#11]
All you KAC fanboys get back to me when they can figure out how to get a mag to drop free…..
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hodge doesn’t rebrand, he specs his parts from oems/manufacturers like most of the industry.  He helped Mega Arms develop the wedgelock rail. The S lock and pinch lock rails are entirely his designs. His mod 2 receivers are his design in a material no one else is using.  His barrels are made by FN but, like Noveske are made to his spec and from a different material than standard FN barrels.

He’s stated on multiple occasions that main reason for the price of his rifle/parts is that he does small runs and it cost him more.  

Also, I will agree that there is WAY to much hype around his parts because of these guys on IG using the scarcity to “floss”.
View Quote

i know he helped with the wedgelock rail, but i believe the Slock/pinch lock is from centurion arms design. could be wrong but i thought i read that somewhere. He just beefed up the rail itself around the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Noveske....consistently accurate match grade barrels, SS and Chrome lined.
View Quote

Noveske chrome-lined barrels are not match-grade barrels.

Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was kind of kidding, but I definitely wouldn’t call Geissele mid tier. May not be on the level of KAC or LMT yet in terms of innovation, and I’m still not sure why they make black oxide barrels now instead of parkerized. However, they are certainly above most others in terms of quality and premium parts. Quite frankly, I don’t think anyone should have any qualms about relying on Geissele rifles for anything. YMMV
View Quote

i just watched a few short videos, showing how easily a G Maritime catch broke off with minimal force, while the FCD ABC catch took much more harder impacts and looked like it only had some surface finish missing.

Reading further into this thread, I'd be better served to not Geissele all the things and instead Hodge, BCM, Colt, LMT, KAC, FCD, Centurion Arms, or SOLGW all the things. YMMV, but catches that easily break off is a serious deal breaker. I love his Super Semi Auto but quite honestly any of the rebranded Schmid Tool 2 stage advanced triggers will do just as good as an SSA, and for a lot less.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#15]
KAC & LMT- both top notch but I prefer KAC, no contest for triggers.
The reason most saying KAC has the edge on innovation is apparent when you see multiple versions of the same parts with even slight changes. It's like they never sleep on striving to improve everything. Probably another reason for their cult following with nearly everything mostly retaining or gaining in value regardless of use.
As others have said, these 2 are veteran major military contract holders with some of the most elite units on earth.

Hodge seems like another boutique IG/social media warrior brand with unique material options as their claim to fame.
I have a custom lightweight build boutique type AR - - SLR billet rec/rail, mostly titanium parts where reliability isn't sacrificed etc. It's a great shooter.

Geissele makes decent triggers, have used a bunch in builds, owned several but I prefer Triggertech, KAC, AR Gold over the G stuff.
As for their other stuff, someone here made an accurate statement about them spreading out way too much IMO

Fan of the KAC
SR15 Carbine, SR15 LPR, SR30/AAC, SR25 ACC

After KAC & LMT I'd put RADIAN next, just my thoughts.

Link Posted: 6/18/2021 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I like Hodge's design and the surrounding ecosystem of parts/companies. My biggest beef with them/him is their intentional decision to force scarcity on the market when there is clearly demand.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Everybody always mentions how the KAC mod 2 gas system is so great and I just don't see it.

And yes, I've owned 16", 14.5" and 11.5" KAC uppers and none of them felt any different than my others including LMT, G, BCM etc..

Only own LMT now as I like the pressed on GB, user serviceable gas tube, mil spec bolt pattern, E-bolt/carrier, MRP upper and parts availability that you dont get out of KAC. Need a new gas tube? BRT or LMT in stock now. Need a new bolt? Any milspec can work. Need a new barrel? They are out there or have one converted.

KAC and LMT are both top tier rifles but for different reasons. One is certainly not better than the other. It is simply a matter of what an individual preference.

To the question of the thread.

Hodge is cool but not even close. 7075 aluminum is cool but folks have pre 86 MG lowers still rolling so not sure how tangible the benefit is. S/Wedge lock is cool but not better than URX integrated nut or even more, LMT MRP with no barrel nut.

So NO, Hodge is not equal. Nice but not equal.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So many fan boys got caught up in G triggers and his pretty color treatments because youtube/IG personalities told them to. Now they're so drunk on G koolaid, he can dump a mediocre rifle on them in a pretty color, jack up the price and coat the barrel in black oxide and they still put his name up with KAC, LMT, and Hodge. Such a joke.

Geissele all the things? Hardly. I've scrapped every shred of the G name from my stuff and I've never been happier with how my triggers feel, how my guns shoot, and how dormant my shill gene sits. Geissele the company is going the same way as Cabelas; started with a decent product, then spread the wings too far. Mediocre optics? Mlok bayonet lugs? Coffee? The triggers and coatings are fine, but triggers and coatings don't make a rifle.

KAC and LMT are in a class of their own. Case in point that coatings don't equal a top-tier product. Hodge is looking to join them with his Mod2 but he's got a decade of proving his product and innovating in the space before he gets there.
View Quote
I been hurt before too.
PM if you need to talk, or just a shoulder.
I'm here for you, bro.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#19]
No lol
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Hodge is the Supreme of the gun world.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
KAC & LMT- both top notch but I prefer KAC, no contest for triggers.
The reason most saying KAC has the edge on innovation is apparent when you see multiple versions of the same parts with even slight changes. It's like they never sleep on striving to improve everything. Probably another reason for their cult following with nearly everything mostly retaining or gaining in value regardless of use.
As others have said, these 2 are veteran major military contract holders with some of the most elite units on earth.

Hodge seems like another boutique IG/social media warrior brand with unique material options as their claim to fame.
I have a custom lightweight build boutique type AR - - SLR billet rec/rail, mostly titanium parts where reliability isn't sacrificed etc. It's a great shooter.

Geissele makes decent triggers, have used a bunch in builds, owned several but I prefer Triggertech, KAC, AR Gold over the G stuff.
As for their other stuff, someone here made an accurate statement about them spreading out way too much IMO

Fan of the KAC
SR15 Carbine, SR15 LPR, SR30/AAC, SR25 ACC

After KAC & LMT I'd put RADIAN next, just my thoughts.

View Quote

You know the AU MOD 2 Hodge Defense rifle dates back to atleast 2014, the Army has had one of his rifles to test M4 SEP package since around then. His rifles predated Instagram hype. People hype his products not him. People have been shooting his rifles for awhile now.

He is very involved in the industry, I believe he was involved with the 6mm ARC program for the DOD. Once again he is not a manufacturer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hodge is the Supreme of the gun world.
View Quote

Beef Supreme?
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ETA: My personal AR-dom "Tier 1" is KAC, LMT, and JP -- they work well, look good, and are expensive but not too expensive.
View Quote

Two of your tier 1's are manufacturers, the third isn't like the others.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Two are major corporations that have been in business for decades, they both have major military contracts.

The other is a very small Research and Development firm based out of Texas, so I don't think it's fair to compare companies with deep pockets to a small firm.

LMT and KAC have engineering departments to further develop the weapons system, Hodge Defense doesn't  reengineer the system, He just tries to make the core system as good as it can be. So it really depends on what you are looking for.

If you want a rifle that has some state of the art tech going on in the gas system, or redesigned bolts and barrel extensions, then LMT and Knights are your answer.

If you want a solid rifle that is designed around hard and long term use with functionally and accuracy at the fore front maybe look into a Hodge Defense. His 12.5 barrels chrono as fast as a 14.5 minus about 100fps.
View Quote

I'm sure the entire point of the innovations by KAC & LMT are designs for hard long term use with function and accuracy at the forefront lol even KAC's suppressors/mounts are designed with attempting to eliminate POI shift.

Also no, I didn't know that the Army tested a Hodge in 2014? I bet they're great guns, I just haven't gotten hyped by the use of stronger materials on stuff that doesn't break anyway, what does it add?
For that matter people aren't hyped about KAC's Mod2 gas system or their proprietary bolts, chambers etc. LMT's 1 piece upper?
How much does any of this stuff REALLY add to reliability/functionality etc?

For me personally if I was worried about scrambling for a bolt swap on a KAC because I fired an entire dump truck of ammo on a whim or I ended up holding out in the Zombie Apocalypse at an ammo depot with 100k rounds of 5.56, keep a spare bolt?
There's a ton of awesome AR brands and manufacturers out there, everyone has their preferences.
I got a 5.56 QDC CQB for the SR15 Carbine & LPR, a Surefire 300SPS for the SR30 & 25. I'm by no means "KAC all things" myself, just like the company and most of their products. MAMs on the Carbine, Warcomp on the SR30, is MAMs" better"? Worth double the cost?
It's different, both work extremely well.
Same statement can be said for many of the weapons debated on here.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
His 12.5 barrels chrono as fast as a 14.5 minus about 100fps.
View Quote

I'm not sure what mental gymnastics are going on here, but that's called a shorter barrel's velocity, not "fast as something much longer but actually quite a bit slower". Typical koolaid dogma from fans of one boutique brand.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what mental gymnastics are going on here, but that's called a shorter barrel's velocity, not "fast as something much longer but actually quite a bit slower". Typical koolaid dogma from fans of one boutique brand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His 12.5 barrels chrono as fast as a 14.5 minus about 100fps.

Link Posted: 6/19/2021 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

My mental gymnastics will tell you his barrels use a taper bore, so they shoot faster than a standard 12.5 barrel. So throw negative comments all you want. You can look a JBS training where he tested a 12.5 SOLGWs to a Hodge Defense barrel. It's widely know on the internet that his 12.5 barrels shoot very close to a standard 14.5. That's one of the main reason people buy them.

So maybe you have this team mentality of your team is better than that team, not all of us think that way. It's pointing out facts that his 12.5 shoot very similar to a standard 14.5.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Geissele all the things
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My mental gymnastics will tell you his barrels use a taper bore, so they shoot faster than a standard 12.5 barrel. So throw negative comments all you want. You can look a JBS training where he tested a 12.5 SOLGWs to a Hodge Defense barrel. It's widely know on the internet that his 12.5 barrels shoot very close to a standard 14.5. That's one of the main reason people buy them.

So maybe you have this team mentality of your team is better than that team, not all of us think that way. It's pointing out facts that his 12.5 shoot very similar to a standard 14.5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely not widely known since most people dont know jack about Hodge as evidenced in this thread. Gotta be honest I’d like more sources. I don’t want to take away anything from the guy because he probably is right. However, he admits he’s paid by Hodge Defense. As a general rule it’s probably best to have testing through an unbiased third party before claiming it as fact. My $0.02

ETA: I’d preferred to see an apples to apples test as well. Say Centurion or DD to Hodge. SOLGW are great barrels, but you could almost buy 3 of them for the price of one Hodge.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geissele all the things

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

Best response yet
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except the problem is he using garbage ammunition with an extreme SD. Plotting the mean and SD to include a 3SD error (99%), we end up with this:
Attachment Attached File

You can see that the error margins of both, being that he fired 5 rounds only, is pretty significant. With an SD of 41 FPS for the one string, and 34 of the next, it's not going to be conclusive that one barrel is functionally "faster" than the other, as their error margins overlap significantly. Additionally in his experiment we do not know:
1. Environmentals between strings
2. Ammunition temperature
3. System temperature
4. Wear of either barrels
5. Lot of ammunition
6. Gas port sizing
7. The unknown effect of using a .30" Sandman K versus a 5.56 Surefire Mini.

and more. It's entirely possible those two five round strings are not repeatable when all other variables are maintained. Unfortunately this random "firearms trainer" on youtube isn't presenting to that level.

That being said, nuances in chamber design can contribute to higher pressure yielding somewhat higher velocity, but there's no good data I've found to compare this in practical terms. Hodge has FN make small batches of barrels to his spec. Meanwhile there are numerous chamber designs out there. Without some comprehensive study to show what effect those changes all have, it's damn near unicorn dust. Most all rhetoric in the gun industry is based on marketing pseudoscience, not a sound scientific method. How else could you convince someone to spend $3,000 on a parts rifle who's market representation is kept artificially low. It's a large driver to most Hodge fanatics boiling their arguments down to "you just feel it", when there's no hard data to support a single thing they say. They still make a great rifle, but I've seen nothing concrete to differ them from the myriad of choices out there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
All you KAC fanboys get back to me when they can figure out how to get a mag to drop free…..
View Quote

You realize that this is not an airsoft forum, right?  Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My MOD2 Carbine has a SR15 legacy lower
My MOD2 LPR has a SR15 non-blem non-ambi lower
I have a SR30
I have a SR25 ACC
I think that covers basically every KAC lower aside from a BLEM lol
SR25 uses KAC mags, others use Lancer, PMAG, USGI

I didn't get the mag drop free comment/joke either?
Maybe it's a "" "BLEM" "" lower thing?.... Because well..... BLEM?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I have a SR30
I have a SR25 ACC

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a SR30
I have a SR25 ACC

It’s known that KAC’s have tight magwells that don’t like to always drop mags free especially pmags, google it….this site, TOS, Calguns. Ash Hess with KAC admits it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It’s known that KAC’s have tight magwells that don’t like to always drop mags free especially pmags, google it….this site, TOS, Calguns. Ash Hess with KAC admits it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a SR30
I have a SR25 ACC

So swing your lower on mag release like it’s 2013.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I wouldn’t be surprised if Hodge isn’t sourcing Duval steel for his barrels.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably, since no one has ever heard of it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bet he's using recovered steel from WWII battleships, having it melted into life saving surgical equipment, saving one life per instrument, and then melting it back down to give to FN. If you pick one up you just KNOW.

Explain what your unicorn metal is and why you'd think FN would give a damn to do more than a custom profile and chambering on standard barrel blanks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

We used to deal with Aubert and Duvall steel for some high grade alloys for our pumps in the refienry....I had no idea they are/were into firearm component manufacturing.

I have tried to get some info on Hodge defense, but taking me to FB and IG which I have no part of....

Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a SR30
I have a SR25 ACC

No issues with my Mod 2 and had no issues with my EMC...
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a SR30
I have a SR25 ACC

Same here no issues at all,  Mod 1, Mod 2 (x2) and SR25 CC
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

No issues with any of my KACs - SR-30, SR15 16", SR15 14.5", SR15 CQB, SR30, 16" SR25 ACC, 14.5" SR25 ACC. And if KACs biggest issue is a few tight magwells which are easily fixed, then they should hang their head high.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll just leave this here:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Hodge-Defense/118-761302/&page=4#i8288627
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We used to deal with Aubert and Duvall steel for some high grade alloys for our pumps in the refienry....I had no idea they are/were into firearm component manufacturing.

I have tried to get some info on Hodge defense, but taking me to FB and IG which I have no part of....

View Quote

I believe that’s what HK uses for the 416 barrels.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 2:02:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

<this....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being serious, who is Hodge?

<this....

You are the fourth post in this thread from 2018 regarding Hodge barrels. LMAO. Don’t be a weirdo liar

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Hodge-Barrel-Accuracy-/12-730886/
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You are the fourth post in this thread from 2018 regarding Hodge barrels. LMAO. Don’t be a weirdo liar

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Hodge-Barrel-Accuracy-/12-730886/
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#47]
This  thread has turned very interesting....so I will add a comment....

Do you remember the movie "Support Your Local Sheriff with James Garner....when they were having a shoot out in the street?  He screamed to both sides to "HOLD IT", while he crossed the street...got across and then said "OK" and they started shooting again....great movie....so I will say "HOLD IT"

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!

OK, now start again....
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s the steel that HK uses for the 416

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:17:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I bet he's using recovered steel from WWII battleships, having it melted into life saving surgical equipment, saving one life per instrument, and then melting it back down to give to FN. If you pick one up you just KNOW.

Explain what your unicorn metal is and why you'd think FN would give a damn to do more than a custom profile and chambering on standard barrel blanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s the steel used for 416 barrels
Why would Alcoa make him receivers knowing that AlLi is a bitch to work with? It’s called a good working relationship plus he’s paying them.

FN had  a rep on a P&S podcast that stated the metal used in his barrels is not the same as the metal used in their barrels.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It’s the steel used for 416 barrels
Why would Alcoa make him receivers knowing that AlLi is a bitch to work with? It’s called a good working relationship plus he’s paying them.

FN had  a rep on a P&S podcast that stated the metal used in his barrels is not the same as the metal used in their barrels.
View Quote

Let's not conflate the specification of steel with the vendor of steel. And let's also not purport an idea that Hodge will ever provide the scientific justification for using one thing versus another, when he knows the typical buyer is baited on pseudoscientific marketing terms. How dare he provide substance for critical analysis? It may devalue the mystic aura his fanatics keep alive.

P&S is by and large a cesspool of conjecture and condescending opinions masquerading as factual information. It's predictable with most any discussion of Hodge that readily available information will be set aside in favor of listening to an hour plus of a half-dozen blowhards ranting in a group call.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top