Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2021 4:06:18 PM EDT
Do they make upper and lower receiver for 30-6 in ar platform? i want to build it but dont no if they sell upper and lower receiver for it...i found site where they sell 30-6 and 300 win mag but it too epensive..please somebody help me out on it thanks you
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Noreen Firearms makes an AR .30-06
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I knoe Noreen Firearms and SMF Tactical has it but it still to expensive....thak for info
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Just curious as to why you want to use a 30-06. For MOST of us, the 308/7.62 is just as good, but then again we aren't hunting big bears or anything larger than an elk. And it has less felt recoil.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes I knoe Noreen Firearms and SMF Tactical has it but it still to expensive....thak for info
View Quote

To fit a magazine of sufficient size to hold a 30.06 cartridge into an AR, it requires a lower that’s larger than the AR-10/large frame platform.

Because of this, you’re looking at a custom design that can’t use off the shelf components, meaning lower sales volume and much higher cost.

Your choices are to pay the piper or look somewhere else.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Very proprietary platform. Have you sourced a BCG and barrel? Those can be an issue. You would probably be into a parts build more than the BN36X3 costs, if you can find some one that sells parts. Other than the two you listed, there's Nemo and Falkor, but they're higher end complete rifles. You might try calling SMF Tactical to see if they offer a 80% with jig kit, or if you have a BCG and barrel do a 0%, but I can't see how anything would end up being cheaper than a Noreens. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Cobb made a 30-06 AR that took BAR mags.
Price is probably not for the economy-minded, though.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/tactical-rifles---bolt-action/cobb---mcr---30-06-sprg.cfm?gun_id=101146917

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 2:04:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just curious as to why you want to use a 30-06. For MOST of us, the 308/7.62 is just as good, but then again we aren't hunting big bears or anything larger than an elk. And it has less felt recoil.
View Quote
If the AR patterns can handle H4350 and 4831, it's a little more than jUsT As GuD.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 2:23:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you are counting beans, the '06 in an AR is probably out of your range.  The 308 runs within a hundred fps, give or take, and is readily available even on a budget.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 4:13:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cobb made a 30-06 AR that took BAR mags.
Price is probably not for the economy-minded, though.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/tactical-rifles---bolt-action/cobb---mcr---30-06-sprg.cfm?gun_id=101146917

Best,
JBR
View Quote

ROFL, A rifle that was over $5000 back when it was new, before it got RARE because they stopped making them... with a NC-Star scope....
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Probably more than you want to spend, but Alex Pro Firearms makes their MLR line in the following calibers:

300 Win Mag
7mm Rem Mag
26 Nosler
28 Nosler
30 Nosler
33 Nosler

All of the above cartridges are 30'06 length but the MLR action and magazine are actually long enough to run 375 H&H length rounds.

Maybe someday, someone will come along and make barrels in other, larger calibers for them.  

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't think anyone makes a .30-06 upper/lower for home builds.  I like the idea of .30-06 AR just because I like AR's and the .30-06 but as far as I know the only option is a complete rifle.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top